Even Miracles Take a Little Time -A March 2017 PTR-

Your movie nights look so fun! I'm kind of jealous how far you are on your planning!
:welcome: I'm glad you found me! We really love our movie nights too! I would have everything already planned out if I could. Now we are just waiting on things outside my control.

Lilo and Stitch Movie Night
tumblr_nv1n9eShEa1uyi0sno1_500.gif

We took a small break from watching the Olympics to watch Lilo and Stitch. I forgot how cute Lilo and Stitch was. It has been a while since I have seen this movie in its entirety. I'm glad this movie made it onto our movie night list. Both the girls seemed to like it, but I know a lot of the bigger issues this movie covers went over their heads. That is part of the beauty of Disney movies though, all generations can enjoy them and all take something different from it. I love how this movie focuses on family.
tumblr_o69k63JGBX1v9562ko1_500.jpg

We had a delicious meal before the movie tonight.
lasmovie%20night.jpg

Lilo's chicken and pineapple skewers
chicken%20pineapple.jpg

Nani's grilled zucchini
zucchini.jpg

Stitch's Pina Coladas (We enjoyed them so much during our Jungle Book night we decided to have them again!)
pcoladas.jpg

Agent Bubbles's Pineapple Upsidedown Cake
pudcake.jpg

It was my first time ever making an upside down cake and it turned out really good! I think I will be making this again!

Another fun movie night in the books! One day closer to our trip!

We love Lilo and Stitch!! Such a wonderful movie!!

And way to go on the upside down cake; those aren't easy!

We love Lilo and Stitch!! Such a wonderful movie!!

And way to go on the upside down cake; those aren't easy!
The hardest part was flipping it over! I had DH do it and he ended up spilling most of the molten hot sugar topping on himself and the floor :eek: But it still tasted delicious!

Progress Update
I've officially rented our stroller. We own a Baby Jogger City Select with double seats. I love it for use here at home, but it would be a beast to take through the airport, not to mention it is an expensive stroller and I don't want it to get damaged. Normally in the airport I wear DD2 in my Tula and DD1 is big enough to walk. The girls are travel pros. They have been flying since they were both 3 months old; we travel often as our family is a good 16hr drive from us. I am totally comfortable not using a stroller in the airport, so it was kinda a no brainer on just renting one instead of trying to take ours. We are renting through Kingdom Strollers. It was a great price and they had the stroller I wanted: a City Mini Double. I am so envious of how easy this stroller folds up! I have even thought of trading ours for one, but I'm still not sure on that one. It will be perfect for getting on and off all those Disney buses. I also like that they deliver right to the resorts and I don't have to be present for the delivery or pick up! One more thing marked off my list!

We were supposed to have our Mary Poppins movie night tonight but DD1 ended up at Urgent Care tonight. I am pretty sure she has strep, but we will have to wait for the 48hr test because the rapid test came back negative. DD2 has strep and is on day 4 of antibiotics, so when DD1 started complaining of a stomach ache I took her in to get a swab. Needless to say, movie night did not happen tonight between the doctor's office and then having to take a bath/shower because DD1 threw up on my at the doctor's office :crazy2:. Mary Poppins has been moved to Thursday night, so check back in on Thursday or Friday for another movie night post.

I'm just joining in now, but I've read all 8 pages today! Your movie nights are adorable, such a great idea! I might store that in my memory for when I do have kids of my own :)

I'm just joining in now, but I've read all 8 pages today! Your movie nights are adorable, such a great idea! I might store that in my memory for when I do have kids of my own :)
:welcome: and thanks for joining! It is hard to believe this PTR is already 8 pages!

Mary Poppins Movie Night
tumblr_o75qs1fdrn1qb0i4vo1_250.gif

Tonight's movie night was so much fun! I haven't watched Mary Poppins in a long time and I am so glad we were able to watch it tonight. After watching Saving Mr. Banks, I see Mary Poppins in a whole new light. Being a parent now, also probably has something to do with how I see the movie now as well. It is just so nice to see the transformation of the family throughout the movie and by the end when they are singing Let's Go Fly a Kite I couldn't help but cry happy tears and hug my girls as we "danced skipped" through the living room to the song. :grouphug:
tumblr_n9v668e1jz1t0mkjyo1_500.gif

DD1 really seemed to enjoy the movie as well. She laughed almost the whole time at Mary Poppins' magic. She laughed really hard at the beginning when the nannies flew away.
tumblr_o4ey2wIsi81qb0i4vo3_250.gif

It just feels nice to watch a wholesome family movie instead of some of the crap we have on TV or in the movies now a days. A spoonful of sugar is a good life lesson to learn.
Anyways, here is our menu for the night

MPmovienight.jpg

Mr. Banks' Traditional Tea Sandwiches (ham and cheese and Caprese)
MPsandwiches.jpg

Supercalifragilistic Fruit Skewers
MPfruit.jpg

Penguin Crackers (SOOOO much better than Goldfish, IMO)
MPpenguins.jpg

Bert's Chimney Sweeps
MPchimneysweep.jpg

"Spoonful of Sugar" cakes
MPspoonful.jpg

This movie is a Disney Classic for a good reason. I am so glad to have introduced my girls to it and look forward to watching it again soon! That's all I have for now, but be on the lookout for another movie night relatively soon (like in the next few days.) We are headed out of town for a wedding next week, so we are trying to get our movie night in before we leave.

Cute movie night!! I love Mary Poppins, and could not agree more that it is wonderful to watch a film the whole family can enjoy where nothing awful happens.

DD isn't quite old enough to enjoy Mary Poppins; she likes the songs and the clean up in the nursery, but she loses interest fast. Glad your guts liked it.

I hope everyone is feeing better now, if not very soon!!

Cute movie night!! I love Mary Poppins, and could not agree more that it is wonderful to watch a film the whole family can enjoy where nothing awful happens.

DD isn't quite old enough to enjoy Mary Poppins; she likes the songs and the clean up in the nursery, but she loses interest fast. Glad your guts liked it.

I hope everyone is feeing better now, if not very soon!!
Thanks! Everyone is finally feeling better. I am so glad to not have a house full of sick little ones! No fun!

Lady and the Tramp Movie Night
tumblr_inline_noug4gtr351s0sfhs_500.gif

Sorry for the delay in updating... things have been a little crazy around here. We watched Lady and the Tramp on Sunday night and I'm just getting around to posting. We are getting ready to travel back home for one of my very best friend's wedding, so updating was on the bottom of my list of things to do. Anyway..... it was a really good dinner and we all enjoyed watching the movie. DD2 liked it because it contained all of her favorite things "woof woofs' (or dogs) and a baby.
tumblr_nqd76hsutK1rf0qbdo4_250.gif

DD1 said her favorite part was the end with all the puppies.
tumblr_nsvx0qT4cO1td2pdjo2_500.gif

Our dinner was delicious. We went healthy and did zoodles instead of regular noodles.
LTmenu.jpg

The girls love zoodles and we had a bunch of zucchinis from the garden so it worked out well!
LTzoodles.jpg

It was our first attempt at making meatballs. DH did a great job with them.
LTmeatballs.jpg

Yummy garlic bread
LTgarlicbread.jpg

Tiramisu layer cake!
LTcake.jpg

All put together
LTplate.jpg

With this movie night, we are finally all caught up from when we had to miss some while DH was deployed. Our next movie night will probably be mid-September.

I am finally all caught up again! I just love all the dishes you make for the dinners. I would be happy eating at your house!

So, what were the Bert's Chimney Sweeps? It looked like some type of dessert.

I agree with you in that TV today is filled with shows with little family value. That is why I love the Disney classics so much.

I am finally all caught up again! I just love all the dishes you make for the dinners. I would be happy eating at your house!

So, what were the Bert's Chimney Sweeps? It looked like some type of dessert.

I agree with you in that TV today is filled with shows with little family value. That is why I love the Disney classics so much.
Bert's Chimney Sweeps were chocolate dipped marshmallows covered in crushed oreos. They were good, but way too much. I think we all ended up splitting one.

Progress Update: Itinerary and ADRs
It has been a while since I have done a real update on how our trip planning is progressing. Thankfully, I actually have something to update you on! The crowd calendars for March have been released and I was able to nail down our schedule.

Day 1: Fly into MCO around 11:30, take MDE to CBR.

Day 2: RD MK, back to resort for afternoon nap, back to MK for the evening

Day 3: RD Ep, stay all day (a little nervous about this, but hoping to find a quiet spot for DD2 to rest in stroller)

Day 4: Resort day, pool time, evening at DTD (I know it is DS now, but it is still DTD to me)

Day 5: RD HS, back to resort for afternoon nap, back to Ep for evening

Day 6: RD MK, back to resort for afternoon nap, back to MK for the evening

Day 7: RD AK, back to resort for afternoon nap, either back to AK (if ROL comes out) or whatever park we want

Day 8: Morning at resort before check out, maybe some pool time, MDE to MCO for an afternoon flight

I was really pleased that we would get to do our first full day at MK. It looks like they are saying the crowds should be around a 6 the whole time we are there. That should be a nice break from the 10+ levels we see when we are there during Christmas/NYE. So even if the crowds are a little higher than predicted, we are still good!

Now onto ADRs...
This morning was ADR morning!
tumblr_naygifKpMT1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Everything went incredibly smooth minus one small hiccup. We (my TA and I) were able to snag everything for the days and times we wanted (within 30 mins) except CRT. It was just impossible to get a table for a party of 9. So we tried a different tactic of getting 2 reservations: one for a party of 4 and one for a party of 5. The party of 4 is under my MDE and the party of 5 is under my DH's MDE. I am so thankful for my TA because I am a gumba and forgot to set my alarm for 5:30am EASTERN TIME. I woke up to a text from my TA saying she got everything but CRT. I was so confused why she had already made the ADRs before my alarm even went off. I'm on central time and didn't even think about that when I set my alarm. :sad2: So, I jumped out of bed and ran to my laptop to see what I could to for CRT. Here is what we got:

Day 1: Chef Mickey, 5:50pm dinner

Day 2: BOG, 12:25pm lunch
CRT, 6:40pm dinner (party of 4)
6:50pm dinner (party of 5)

Day 3: Akershus, 11:55am lunch

Day 4: no ADRs

Day 5: Hollywood & Vine, 12:25pm lunch

Day 6: Ohana, 5:45pm dinner

Day 7: Tusker House, 11:55am lunch (This might change if ROL ever shows up. We would change it to a ROL dining package for dinner.)

RD MK, back to resort for afternoon nap, back to MK for the evening

I'm new to mid-day breaks. Do you stick to times near/around the girl's regular nap times or do you just kind gauge how they're hanging and head out before the melt down?

hoping to find a quiet spot for DD2 to rest in strolle

I'm sure she will! I know I'd love to nap in a stroller in Epcot! LOL!

I know it is DS now, but it is still DTD to me

You are not alone...

It looks like they are saying the crowds should be around a 6 the whole time we are there

That's not too bad! Maybe they will be over estimating this year, since they underestimated (or so I heard) last year.

his morning was ADR morning!

Yay!!

I'm on central time and didn't even think about that when I set my alarm. :sad2: So, I jumped out of bed and ran to my laptop to see what I could to for CRT

Oh no! I wouldn't have thought about that either! Glad everything went off pretty smoothly though. Thank goodness fro a great TA!

CRT, 6:40pm dinner (party of 4)
6:50pm dinner (party of 5

Are you planning on calling and telling them you're one party? Or will you guys just let them know once you're there? I feel like there should be special reservations for parties over 6. It's never easy to book stuff for that many people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter