Even Miracles Take a Little Time -A March 2017 PTR-

Im in the same place you are just waiting for the magical fast pass day... Monster's Inc movie night looks fun! Wishing you luck on your move and with your plane tickets!

Progress Update
I am in the middle of trying to get our plane tickets figured out. I went ahead and canceled my ticket (the one we used SkyMiles for) and DH is in the process of getting the other tickets canceled. He requested a refund due to the fact he got orders, so we are still waiting to hear back from the Delta powers that be. Once we get everything canceled, we are going to rebook, but for different flights as we will be flying out of a different airport. I am ready to get this figured out and done with.

I am headed to the base ITT office later this week to purchase tickets for my mom, dad, and sister. My mom and sister will be getting 5dph and my dad is just getting a 3dph. He will join us on MK day 1, Epcot, and AK day. The other days he will be working at his company's Orlando office. Their tickets should come in before we leave to go visit them for Thanksgiving. That way, I can just hand them off when we get there and we will all have our tickets so we can make our FP+ January 3rd.

Otherwise not much going on in the Disney planning world. I am just trying to pack up a few things here and there while DH is deployed, so when he gets back we can hit the ground running with this moving thing.

Planning Update
Got our plane tickets all figured out and fixed just how we wanted them. Ended up saving like $500, so that is even better!

Our FP day is quickly approaching so in between getting the house ready to sell and packing boxes I am trying to hammer out the last few details in our touring plans. Still no word on ROL (unless I missed something? I want to book a ROL dining package once they come out.) I am going to share these plans with everyone else that is coming when they come to visit at Christmas. I don't think our plans will change, but my mom and sister may do a few things different and THAT'S OK! We don't have to do everything together. So here are my touring plans marked with the FP that I want to get.

Arrival Day

• Dinner at CM- 5:55pm ADRs

Day 1 MK- RD

• Dumbo
  • Barnstormer
  • Peter Pan FP
  • Pooh
  • ETWB FP
  • Under the Sea
  • Seven Dwarfs FP
  • IASW
  • Lunch at BOG- 12:25pm ADRs
  • Space Mt
  • Break back at CBR until 5pm
  • Buzz
  • People Mover
  • Incredibles Dance party
  • Tea Cups
  • Carrousel
  • Dinner at CRT- 6:40pm ADRs
  • Wishes

Day 2 Epcot-RD
  • Soarin
  • Nemo and Friends FP
  • The Seas
  • TT (single rider line)
  • FEA FP
  • Lunch at Akershus- 11:55am ADRs
  • Meet Anna and Elsa
  • Start Agent P's Adventure
  • Tour WS/F&G showcases
  • Eat dinner/snack around the WS
  • Illuminations

Day 3 Resort Day
  • Pool time
  • Lunch at CBR food court
  • Nap
  • DTD for dinner and exploring (ADRs at Raglan Road, but willing to eat wherever)

Day 4 HS- RD

• Toy Story Midway Mania
  • Disney Jr show (9:40am)
  • RnR FP
  • Star Tours
  • Frozen Sing Along FP (11:30am)
  • Lunch at Hollywood & Vine- 12:25pm ADRs
  • Break back at CBR
  • Evening at Epcot (QS dinner in WS)

Day 5 MK- RD

• Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at PFH
  • BTMR FP
  • POTC
  • Magic Carpets
  • Swiss Family Treehouse
  • Jungle Cruise FP
  • Splash Mt FP
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Lunch at Columbia Harbor House
  • Break back at CBR
  • Dinner at Ohana- 5:45pm ADRs
  • Space Mt

Day 6 AK- RD
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris FP
  • FOTLK (10am)
  • Wildlife Express Train to Conservation Station and back
  • Lunch at Tusker House- 11:55am ADRs
  • EE FP (Girls will go do Tricera Top Spin and Boneyard with grandparents while we do EE and Dinosaur)
  • Dinosaur
  • Break back at CBR
  • Evening at Epcot (dinner at QS in WS) or MK (dinner at QS and ride girls favorites again) unless ROL is showing and then back to AK for dinner at a QS, ROL, Tree of Life Awakenings and maybe another ride on EE

Departure Day

• pool time
  • take DME to airport for afternoon flight

Your plans look great! Do you use the Touring Plans planner to schedule your days? It's so professional looking!

Your plans look great! Do you use the Touring Plans planner to schedule your days? It's so professional looking!
I do use Touring Plans. I make personalized ones using things I've learned along the way and ways that have worked for us in the past. It is nice that Touring Plans has an estimated times for each thing so you can kinda gauge how many things you can get done before lunch :D
I usually just print out straight from TP and stick them in my notebook. So I will wait until we get our FPs scheduled and then print it out for reference while we are there.

Ok, I read through the whole PTR! Looks like some good plans. BTW, I'm a teacher (19th year in, currently teaching first grade). I have 2 boys (2 and 5); my 5 year old has been twice (9.5m, 4yrs) and my 2 year old once. We went in June of this year and will be back in June of 2017. We usually travel with my parents and without my DH but this upcoming trip will be without my parents and with my DH.

I love all your movie nights. My boys like a lot of the movies but they rarely sit still for a whole movie and they aren't very adventurous eaters, plus my DH works most evenings, so I'm not sure that it would work out for us to do something like that, but I wish we could. Maybe when we get closer, I'll attempt something. Things like that are so much easier in the summer when I am off, but we are going on our trip a week after school lets out so not much time to get them in! :)

One of my ex's was military so I stayed at SoG once. It was a very lovely resort and a great price! I enjoy CBR though. We used to always stay at the moderates, so I have done them all all except POFQ. POR is probably my fave but CBR has bigger rooms and a cool pool! I'm sure you guys will love it.

Do you plan to write a trip report? If so, it will be great timing for me to enjoy as I get closer to my trip! :)

I wanted to make several more comments but because I read through most of your report yesterday, I don't remember everything I wanted to say...lol. Looking forward to more planning!

:welcome: @ArielSRL Thanks for joining in! That was a lot to catch up on :P There are a few movie nights that I'm sure you boys would love, like Toy Story where we did pizza or Little Mermaid where we did Ursula Dogs (hot dogs.) My almost 2yr old doesn't sit still throughout the entire movie, she might watch a minute here or there, but she is busy doing other things that toddlers do, mostly figuring out new ways to get in trouble, lol. My almost 5 yr old does watch the movies though.

I understand about being busy, especially towards the end of the school year! We are crazy busy right now trying to get our house ready to be on the market and packing up everything. We do want to try and get maybe one o two more movie nights in though before we move. We will see how that goes.

We are looking forward to staying at CBR for the first time. We normally camp because my dad would only go if we camped. Camping is nice (Ft. Wilderness Campgrounds are some of the nicest campgrounds ever) but I much prefer staying at a resort. We enjoyed SOG last time. I think the girls are most looking forward to CBR's pool!

I'm not sure about a TR yet. I'm just taking one things at a time right now, but it is a possibility!

Snow White Movie Night
We were finally able to get a movie night in after all the getting the house ready to sell/packing/Christmas craziness settled down a little. This movie night was a little different than the ones we have done in the past, mostly because the majority of our stuff is all packed up. So it was scaled down slightly, but still fun!

The girls enjoyed watching Snow White, mostly the animals and the singing. We had to watch a couple of the songs over again so they could dance some more.
tumblr_o9eef3YEuL1tx9vazo1_500.gif
tumblr_nxzpyuaMty1u1u6yio1_500.gif

We had Snow White's Kielbasa and broccoli and the Evil Queen's apple slices:
SWMNkielbasa.jpg

For dessert we had super easy apple dumplings with vanilla ice cream:
SWMNappledumplings.jpg
SWMNappledumplingsicecream.jpg

They were so yummy!!!! I will definitely make those again. We enjoyed watching Snow White and we will probably watch it again. We have another movie night coming up, so I should update with that one pretty soon.

Progress Update- FP+ Day!
YAY today is FP+ day!!!! I can't believe we are already at the 60 day mark! :jumping1:

I have the most wonderful TA that is helping me. We have a great relationship; I do the planning and she does the actual hard work of getting what I want. If you want an excellent TA recommendation, just send me a PM and I will be glad to pass on her information. She works for an earmarked company, so they know what they are doing. She has been able to get everything I have wanted: resort discounts, ADRs, an now our FP+s!

I sent my TA a detailed list of what FP+s we wanted and the time frame we wanted them in and for how many. I woke up this morning to a message from her saying she was able to get everything we wanted and only 1 of the FP+ selections we wanted had to be changed to a different time so we could make our ADR. It was no big deal to change that up on my TP, we will just go on that after we eat instead of before. Here is what we have:

MK Day 1:
PP- 9:20am (all 9 of us)
ETWB- 10:20am (6 of us)
*SDMT- 11:50am (all 9 of us)
Space Mt. - 1:20pm (3 of us)

Epcot Day 2:
Nemo- 10:10am (all 9 of us)
FEA- 1:45pm (all 9 of us)

HS Day 4: No Dad today
*RnR- 9:55am (all 8 of us)
Frozen sing a long- 11:00am (all 8 of us)

MK Day 5: No Dad today
*BTMR- 9:15am (all 8 of us)
Jungle Cruise- 10:25am (all 8 of us)
*Splash Mt.- 11:40am (all 8 of us)

AK Day 6:
KS- 9:15am (all 9 of us)
*EE- 1:05pm (all 9 of us)
*Dino- 2:10pm (all 9 of us)

* Even though everyone has FP+ for this ride, not all of us will ride it. DD1 may or may not ride some of the bigger rides and I know my in-laws will not ride any roller coaster type ride. It was just easier to get FP+ for everyone and then if anyone wants to ride more than once, we can use the FP+s that weren't used by taking their magic bands and using their FP+ for them. If we don't want to ride more than once or don't have time, we can cancel their FP+ selections and hopefully someone else can pick them up.

Love the Snow movie night. My boys and I did an impromptu scaled down movie night watching Wreck It Ralph the other night. As we are all on break but poor hubby, Friday night I gave them a bath, we all put on pjs, and settled down on the couch with blankets and lights out and stayed up late to watch!

I like the FP selections and also note you can get Rider Swap passes for a lot of those, too, to come back and ride later in the day or later in the week. It's nice to have a TA but I didn't this time bc I rented points. I do most of my own planning anyway but she did do my ADRs last trip. I just took half a day off to do them this time. I did FP last time so no big deal to do it this time though I liked the midnight time better than 7am. I'll be on Spring Break when I do ours.

Frozen Movie Night
We had our Frozen movie night last week and it was fun. We have watched Frozen many times over as I'm sure many of you with young children have done. It has been really cold here lately so it was nice to have our movie night with a menu that fit the cold weather. The girls love the movie as always. We all got up and sang and danced to "Let It Go" and my daughters favorite part, when Marshmellow throws them off the cliff (go figure) got lots of laughs when Olaf said, "Watch out for my butt!" My favorite has always been the trolls!
tumblr_ntd19fz4M51rhtuyzo1_400.gif
tumblr_n2i8muA25E1tqjn3bo1_400.gif

Here's what we had to eat:
Kristoff's Chicken Noodle Soup
FMNsoup.jpg

Anna's Hot Chocolate
FMNhotchocolate.jpg

Elsa's Snowflake Cookies
FMNcookies.jpg

Overall, it was a nice night spent together as a family watching a movie that is already a favorite. We are going to try and squeeze in maybe one or two more movie night before our move, which is coming up quickly! The girls and I leave in 2 weeks! :eek:

Try having boys. They will never let you watch Frozen or other favorite girl Disney movies like Tangled, Little Mermaid, and Sleeping Beauty. Instead I have to watch Wreck It Ralph, Cars, and the non-Disney Angry Birds or Despicable Me. Boo hoo!

Try having boys. They will never let you watch Frozen or other favorite girl Disney movies like Tangled, Little Mermaid, and Sleeping Beauty. Instead I have to watch Wreck It Ralph, Cars, and the non-Disney Angry Birds or Despicable Me. Boo hoo!
I've never seen Wreck It Ralph or Angry Birds, but Despicable Me 1, 2, and Minions are a favorite here as well :)

Coming over from my PTR! I love, love LOVE your movie nights! That is one of my favorite aspects of planning a trip to get everyone excited to go. Since I'm only doing a solo trip, I hadn't really thought about doing any, but hey...who DOESN'T want some Disney food?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter