Epcot World Passport - ?

spn

Mouseketeer
We are just days away from our first trip with 5 yo DD. I just read about a Epcot World passport. It sounds like something she could do while Mom & Dad enjoy World showcase. Can anyone give more information or tips. Where can we get the passport, should she get autographs, take pictures.

Thanks

Counting the hours

My DD-5 & DS-7 did this in December and it really made them excited to go around to all the countries. Each passport set comes with a passport, stickers of each country to put on the pages & a button for the kids to wear that says Epcot & has the countries flags. Each country has a Kid Station, were a CM from that country writes something in their language & stamps it with a picture of Mickey in that country. It's really neat & it turned out to be one of my sons favorite souviners from the trip.

You can get them at any stand or shop in Epcot for around 8 or 9 dollars.

Hope this helps!
;) :D ,
Katherine

We did this for the first time last year and loved it. The kids loved finding the kid stop in each of the countries and having the cast members there stamp their passport and write something in their language. My youngest still pulls it out to look at it. I would definitely do this if you want to go around the WS at Epcot.:smooth:

Each country also has a mask making table, where a CM from that country will help kids make a mask on a stick to wear during the Tapestry of Dreams Parade in the evening at Epcot. :D

Thank you all. Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps a good thing for school show and tell

My two kids did the masks last year and they were pretty cool. They make a great souviner and school show and tell. They held them during the parade so the Dream Catcher would be sure to see them. Having something to do in each country, passport or mask definately makes WS more fun for the kids.

All that said, here's the down side to the masks. It takes longer at each station if your kids are crafty/creative and want to spend lots of time at each country (like my DD). Sometimes the art areas were mobbed with kids and it got a little frustrating. They are somewhat bulky to drag around all day (so DH and I ended up carrying them for the most part) and of course you gotta get them home on the airplane in one piece!

So for us, now that we've done them once we plan to do the passports next trip. The passports are also available from Gifts of a Lifetime's web site for a few extra $$. I plan to order them early so I can give them at xmas as part of their WDW trip gift.

:D

DD and DNi did both the mask and the passports. Yes it does take tiem to do, but the kids really enjoyed it. We took turns watching the girls (with 4 adults it was easy) so that we could look around the shops.

Originally posted by vicb
All that said, here's the down side to the masks.

Ain't THAT the truth! We had a mask NIGHTMARE! Our 3 kids started the mask project - and it rained. We had an awful time trying to keep the darned things dry.....in bags under ponchos, the water still dripped on them, and the marker and stamp ink ran. The card-stock they are made of (poster board weight) warped. It was just AWFUL!

The passports on the other hand were a lot of fun! I'd definitely recommend them for kids of ALL ages!

I'd pass on the masks though! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter