• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Epcot Deluxe Resort

It's a shame that the Poly is under construction during your honneymoon. The Poly is by far our favorite. We stayed that the Beach Club once. I would suggest requesting a room by the Quiet Pool. It's the closest point to EPCOT, which is a very easy walk.

Yacht Club is beautiful and quiet. :thumbsup2 Stormalong Bay can get busy, but it's beautiful and can be very relaxing... perfect location. :goodvibes

I would choose the Yacht Club or the Boardwalk. Stay clear of the Beach Club as there are too many young and noisy kids! :lmao:

Honestly, they are all very nice.

The Mandara Spa is nice. Yacht Club has some spa services, too (massages, pedicures, etc). I've been there as well and it is enjoyable.

I've stayed all over property. Poly was our worst experience to date. Of course we did find out that was because the building we were in was the last to be renovated and instead of renovating it they push it off to do the work at the same time as the DVC expansion. Also the resort staff was super grumpy but that could have just been an off week especially because I was later informed by friends who work in the hotels that a new system had just launched and was causing headaches and crankiness from the hotel staff.

We must have been there around the same time, they put me in that building too! I called immediately and they were very nice and moved me to Tokelau I think. I faced the quiet pool and could see the castle if I looked to the right off the balcony! I think I saw on the poly thread that they are making some of those longhouses into DVC, so I always figured they just didn't bother renovating that one and would change it to DVC.

The Poly is our go to resort but we have stayed at both the BC and the YC. Of the two, we preferred the YC because it is less hectic.

We had never done on-site before our honeymoon. We stayed at the BWI for the first week, and I genuinely believe that we couldn't have made a better choice. The location was just perfect as there was so much to do in the evenings, and the resort just seemed a lot less manic than the MK area resorts (we were at WL for weeks 2&3).

I would say that the Epcot area is the much better choice when there are no kids in the party.

having stayed at them all, I can say that for a kid free trip, particularly a honeymoon, I would choose boardwalk first with Yacht a close second. We get a water view room or suite or garden suite for the privacy and love the combination of access to Epcot and HS via the walkway or boats, and the restaurants, jellyrolls and live entertainment. Beach is great but noisy and the pool is often over-crowded. That is also what drops Yacht to my number two, the shared pool.
Have fun!
Drew

For our honeymoon, my fiancee and I originally wanted to stay at the Polynesian...it's actually been a dream of ours for a while... Well, unfortunately, our wedding/honeymoon is right smack in the middle of their construction period in 2015. I've heard very negative things about the lobby and I feel as if this would distract from our perfect honeymoon.

So, since Epcot is our favorite park and I proposed to her in World Showcase, I was thinking that maybe we should stay at Boardwalk, Yacht or Beach. I've been looking into it, but it's still such a hard decision to make. So what do you guys think? What's more romantic? Which of these have more amenities for couples?

I'd like to start looking into booking it asap and any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!!!

Out of the 3, my first choice would be BWI for a honeymoon. We've only stayed at the BC, but have visited BWI many times and while all resorts are kid friendly and have kids running around, BWI seems to be less chaotic than the BC/YC (although the YC doesn't seem as hectic as BC). Plus I think the BWI pool would be more relaxing than SAB at BC/YC as SAB can get very crowded since it's shared between 2 resorts (just my opinion).

I've stayed at Beach Club several times and Yacht Club once. I was also under the impression that YC was quieter, but just happened to stay at the same time as a huge convention and there were times it was worse than an All Stars food court! I really want to try Boardwalk Inn.

The boardwalk has special cottages that you might want to rent, never stayed in one heard they are perfert for a honeymoon .

If you can afford it, the Garden Suites at the Boardwalk are amazing and so honeymoon worthy. We stayed there twice (engagement and wedding) and had a great time. Plus there is lots of fun to be had in the EPCOT area!

I would choose the Yacht Club or the Boardwalk. Stay clear of the Beach Club as there are too many young and noisy kids! :lmao:

Honestly, they are all very nice.

The Mandara Spa is nice. Yacht Club has some spa services, too (massages, pedicures, etc). I've been there as well and it is enjoyable.

having stayed at them all, I can say that for a kid free trip, particularly a honeymoon, I would choose boardwalk first with Yacht a close second. We get a water view room or suite or garden suite for the privacy and love the combination of access to Epcot and HS via the walkway or boats, and the restaurants, jellyrolls and live entertainment. Beach is great but noisy and the pool is often over-crowded. That is also what drops Yacht to my number two, the shared pool.
Have fun!
Drew

ditto the above....
BC/BCV are fantastic if you are traveling with toddlers (resort lobby tends to be very noisy and busy), the pool is a great concept, but also gets (again) very noisy & busy (needing to stalk lounge chairs, actual swimming difficult, LOUD).
YC is gorgeous, serene....a very pretty oasis amongst the chaos :)
BWI, especially the cottages & pool, is probably the most romantic place in WDW - amazing, quiet, gorgeous...you feel as if transported to another world :cloud9:
BWV is also gorgeous (the BWI/BWV lobby is striking), with elegant & quiet interiors.
the BW itself has lots of options (street performers, carny games, BRG, ESPN, jellyrolls, yummy bakery, etc).

Just my 2 cents but we stayed at the YC club in February for our wedding/honeymoon and we LOVED it! We got married at the YC Gazebo (some garden view rooms even overlook it) so we stayed at the YC (our first time, too!) and we absolutely loved it. We had a room that was really close to the elevator so that was a big plus. We ate at every restaurant at the YC/BC and even had a facial + massage at Ship Shape! We loved the pool and spent the afternoon after our spa services there and it was one of the best, most relaxing days! We were also close to the Boardwalk and Jellyrolls + Atlantic Dance Hall and so close to Epcot that we'd pop over for a drink before it closed. I think YC has less kids and is a little quieter. We stayed at BWI and personally didn't prefer it at all. I love the Poly but if I couldn't stay there, I'd definitely pick YC!! Have fun and CONGRATS!!! :bride: :groom:

ETA: I forgot! We had a garden view room that overlooked the front of the resort (you could BARELY see the bus stop so we knew at least what direction we were facing) and we got to see fireworks one night! (Wishes maybe??) Totally random and surprising but we loved it! I think we were on the 4th floor..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter