Emmysdaddy Joins the Damsels to Dine, Even with Princesses: Em started PDR see link

Just in case the world does come to an end tomorrow :lmao: , I just wanted to let you know tonight how much I enjoyed reading your dining report. Sadly I haven't always had the time to comment after each installment, but I was always there in spirit. ;)

So anyway...Bravo, my friend, for a job well done! :worship: You scored more points than I could possibly count. :thumbsup2

Awww sad its over but looking forward to reading your dining line up for your next trip! I must hop on over to the TR section and read your TR, I love your descriptions and dry wit! Its been an absolute pleasure to read along! Thanks again for sharing :goodvibes
Thanks so much for reading Wills Mom!! :goodvibes

Don't hop too fast to the TR section... I've neglected it for a couple weeks but I hope to get caught up soon! :)

I am always so sad when you're reviews come to an end! Looking forward to reading the upcoming dining line up for your next trip.

You never know I might even remember to comment on the next report?! ;)

Awww thanks for reading! No worries, comments are optional! :goodvibes

Awww! I love the photo of Michael holding the sword at Cinderella's - he looks like a little boy! So sad your report is at an end. You'll just have to plan another trip!

Hi Alysa! I hope all is well with little Robert!

Yes, another trip is the perfect remedy to coming to the end of a TR/DR! More to follow on our next trip soon....

Brenda, I have to say that is the most disgusting chicken pot pie I have ever seen. I think Delta needs to stick with sandwiches.

Can't wait to hear about your upcoming trip!

Yeah, the food wasn't so good for that dinner on the plane. But I do like their snacks. :rolleyes:

Thank you for your great reviews!!

You are so very welcome! :goodvibes

Love the wishing wands in the background of the pic with the bloody mary!

That meal does look gross. It is so dark!??

By early next year I hope you mean Jan 5-7th! Hahah because that is when i will be there.

Ha! You are very observant Rachel! The gravy for the pot pie was a "beef" gravy of sorts... at least I think so. :confused3

I wish my trip was early January because then i could say hi to you! We are going in February. I hope your plans are falling into place. What a great way to get a trip to WDW and be able to consider it business.

I very much enjoyed all your reviews Brenda !! Thanks so much for sharing !! I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas :santa:

Thanks so much! And thanks for your kind Christmas greetings!! I certainly wish you and your lovely family the same.

Brenda, that chicken pot pie just looks :sick:

I so much enjoyed your dining reviews...thank you for sharing. And I am delighted to meet another DIS friend in the process. :goodvibes

Thanks so much Kathy. You have such an epic following here on the Dis that I am completely honored to count you as a follwer of my humble review. Of course, I love that you have back-to-back reviews to keep me entertained as well.

Love your CRT meal and it looks like you had a good time :goodvibes I can't wait to eat there!!

That pot pie definitely does not look first class :lmao: I love tiramisu so I probably would have enjoyed that!

I'm sorry to see your review come to an end, it was great :thumbsup2 I know you still have you TR going and yay for another trip!! I can't wait to hear all about it! :goodvibes

hi AvasMommy! That's a great way that you described the pot pie - it doesn't look first class. :upsidedow

And yes, I'm still working on my TR. :) But it is exciting to look forward to another trip.

Just in case the world does come to an end tomorrow :lmao: , I just wanted to let you know tonight how much I enjoyed reading your dining report. Sadly I haven't always had the time to comment after each installment, but I was always there in spirit. ;)

So anyway...Bravo, my friend, for a job well done! :worship: You scored more points than I could possibly count. :thumbsup2

Hi Barb! It's looking good since it is the 21st in most of the world and I haven't seen my late night programming interrupted to let me know the end is here!!

No worries about not being able to comment for every update... my goodness, I think you have about 15 updates that you do EVERY DAY for everyone else' reviews. :rotfl2:

This was fun and you certainly gave the inspiration for what has evolved into the live dining thread. I'm thrilled to be a small part of that evolution into something so huge here!

Take care! :goodvibes [inert hug emoticon that disappeared]

Hi Paula! I'm so far behind with everyone's reviews but I promise to get caught up this week!

Next time I vow to not let lousy meal planning get the better of me so I can enjoy Citricos! ::yes::

Nothing to get caught up with yet lol!! Spent 8 days with my hubby and was busy with work when I got back so haven't posted anything in quite some time! Soon though lol!

Nothing to get caught up with yet lol!! Spent 8 days with my hubby and was busy with work when I got back so haven't posted anything in quite some time! Soon though lol!

In that case I'm going to say that I'm glad you have not updated!!! ::yes:: I thought I may be missing something but now I feel less guilt. I'm glad you were able to spend 8 days with your hubby! :)

There is one final chapter that I need to post since some of you eagle eyes have picked up on the fact that, YES, we do have another WDW trip booked for early next year. I'll share the plans and more importantly the dining line up!!

Thanks to all of you that have hung in there with this very drawn out DR! :flower3:

Another trip! YAY!!!! Wanna pack me in your luggage?!?! :laughing:

That potpie looked awful! I don't think I would have even tried it!

Wow, that pot pie is spectacularly unappetizing looking. Skin on the chicken? Don't get. Some kind of weird, dark gravy? Also don't get. At least you had some good food memories to get you through the trip...although I might have hit them up for some more First Class liquor, too.

I'm sad this report is done, too. I really enjoyed them all and looked forward to the new postings. I guess it's official and unanimous, you must go on another trip soon. Think of it as your Dis civic duty!

Thanks again for the fun!

It can either be a sad way to end your food review knowing that you ended a fabulous trip with THAT meal. Or you could look at it from the point of view that you just have to go back to Disney soon (and I know that you are) so you can have some more REALLY delicious food. If I could, I would choose door number 2!!! (Sadly, we won't be going back anytime soon! :sad2: )

That was a first class meal? Yikes!! :scared1: I'm sad to see your reviews come to an end but happy that there will be another soon! Happy holidays!

Nooooooo, it can't be over :(

I demand you book another trip immediately!

Wonderful, wonderful reviews Brenda - you are a DIS dining board legend !

I'm sad that your reviews are over, I really enjoyed reading them! Thanks again, you really influenced some of my dining choices earlier this month.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family, Brenda.

tiggerchristmas.jpg

Hi Brenda!
I've been trying to stay away to get past my 'No WDW for us' depression. :( But I've read your whole report which was just as wonderful as always! Hope you guys had a wonderful holiday and I look forward to your next report!

My mini hiatus is over now that Christmas is behind us... on with wrapping this up!

Another trip! YAY!!!! Wanna pack me in your luggage?!?! :laughing:

That potpie looked awful! I don't think I would have even tried it!

Hi Christen! I can put you in my luggage but you'll have to bring your adorable girls too!

Wow, that pot pie is spectacularly unappetizing looking. Skin on the chicken? Don't get. Some kind of weird, dark gravy? Also don't get. At least you had some good food memories to get you through the trip...although I might have hit them up for some more First Class liquor, too.

I'm sad this report is done, too. I really enjoyed them all and looked forward to the new postings. I guess it's official and unanimous, you must go on another trip soon. Think of it as your Dis civic duty!

Thanks again for the fun!
Ha! Perhaps another Bloody Mary may have made the pot pie more appetizing. At least we were able to compare the first class food served between the two airlines. Clearly, American Airlines won!

I like the way you put that.. my Dis civic duty calls me to take another trip! :lmao:

It can either be a sad way to end your food review knowing that you ended a fabulous trip with THAT meal. Or you could look at it from the point of view that you just have to go back to Disney soon (and I know that you are) so you can have some more REALLY delicious food. If I could, I would choose door number 2!!! (Sadly, we won't be going back anytime soon! :sad2: )

Hi Karla! At least the Dis food was more appetizing than the airline food! I'm glad we were able to run into each other and share a dining experience together as well. :goodvibes

That was a first class meal? Yikes!! :scared1: I'm sad to see your reviews come to an end but happy that there will be another soon! Happy holidays!

Yeah... not so first class like huh? I'm excited that our dates will line up in Feb. Will you be bringing the sausage on your next trip?

Nooooooo, it can't be over :(

I demand you book another trip immediately!

Wonderful, wonderful reviews Brenda - you are a DIS dining board legend !

Hi Linda!! You are too kind! :hug: Stay tuned... details for our next trip to follow shortly.

I'm sad that your reviews are over, I really enjoyed reading them! Thanks again, you really influenced some of my dining choices earlier this month.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks Jmm476! I hope all of your choices worked out great for your trip!! These boards are so influential!

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family, Brenda.
QUOTE]

:hug: Thanks Kathy! I promise I will get caught up with your reports. I did see your beautiful mother of the groom dress on FB - it's FABULOUS!!!!

I hope you enjoy your time with your son and future DIL!

Hi Brenda!
I've been trying to stay away to get past my 'No WDW for us' depression. :( But I've read your whole report which was just as wonderful as always! Hope you guys had a wonderful holiday and I look forward to your next report!

Hi Denise! Awwww thanks for the nice greeting! I completely understand having some time out from the Disboards when there's no trips waiting in the wings.

Wow I have done catching up to do here ;)

Hi Lori! Thanks for getting caught up! I hope you had a great Christmas! :goodvibes

Ok, this is it... the final wrap up and the reveal for the next trip.

To summarize some of the highlights from this trip...We had 33 meals, 1 dessert party, and several snacks that got checked off my list. And of course, accomplishing (or in some instances not accomplishing) Jabead's List of 18 things to do/eat during our trip!

Favorites:

Michael's favorite appetizer was the Roasted Prince Edward Island Mussels from Le Cellier:

DSC04279.jpg

His favorite entree was the Seared Diver Scallops; Southern Sweet Corn Risotto, Spiced Tomato Broth, Micro Popcorn Shoots from California Grill.

DSC05045.jpg

And his favorite dessert was Artist Point Cobbler; Seasonal Berries and House-made Black Raspberry Ice-Cream

DSC06325.jpg

As for Emily.... her favorite appetizer was the Seared Ahi Tuna – chilled, sesame encrusted ahi tuna wasabi aioli & sweet chili slaw from Yak & Yeti

DSC02532.jpg

Her favorite entree or rather dinner was Ohana

DSC05405.jpg

Serious eating at 'Ohana

DSC05414.jpg

And her favorite dessert was The Yachtsman Sundae; Trio of gelato with Amarena cherries at Yachtsman Steakhouse

DSC03133.jpg

As for my favorites.... I'm going to add an extra bonus favorite in here to start...

My favorite bread serving: Pretzel bread at Le Cellier!! Definitely highlight worthy!

DSC04273.jpg

My favorite appetizer was initially a toss up between the soups...both the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup at Le Cellier and the Smokey Portobello Mushroom Soup with Roasted Shiitakes, Chive Oil and Sourdough Croutons at Artist Point but the Seasonal Salad at Grand Floridian Cafe won!

DSC04474.jpg

My favorite entree was the 8-oz Center Cut Filet Mignon; mashed potatoes, cabernet wine sauce at Yachtsman Steakhouse

DSC03123.jpg

And it will be no surprise that my favorite dessert was the cream cheese wontons at Yak & Yeti!!!

DSC02543.jpg

Other honorable mentions... My favorite breakfast remains Kona Cafe for their pineapple macadamia nut pancakes.

DSC03587.jpg

And the ever awesome mushroom filet from Le Cellier!

DSC04276.jpg

And a new favorite dessert - from Tony's town Square Restaurant - the pistachio creme brulee!

DSC03810.jpg

And finally....a snack that is definitely worthy of all the rave reviews - the fruit and nutella waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow at MK. Don't worry, I will still find a way to eat a carrot cake cookie each trip as well!

DSC05764.jpg

Which brings us to what's next for Emmysmommy?? Since there are some great room discounts out for late winter and we really need to maximize our annual passes and TiW :p Em and I will take our 4th girls only trip in late February/early March 2013.

Some first for us will include the following:
1. AKL for 1 nite so that we can enjoy all that this unique resort has to offer and gosh darn it, I'm tired of cancelling Boma. This will ensure a Boma breakfast for us!
2. Jiko dinner since we'll be staying there! It will be so convenient! Also, to satisfy my curiosity as to why Mr. DonaldDoleWhip raves about this place we'll have to weigh in oursevles on this one.
3. Yacht Club - club level for 3 nites. We have stayed at Beach Club and Boardwalk so after this we will have tried all 3 of Disney's Epcot hotels.
4. Be Our Guest dinner... I'm a little nervous after seeing some less than stellar reviews but if nothing else, I really want to experience the theming.
5. Raglan Road dinner.. this was a request by Em and I'm happy to oblige.
6. Narcoosees dinner... it will be lovely to try this restaurant and enjoy the fireworks from here.
7. San Angel Inn is another new restaurant for which we are currently booked for lunch. This is another scary one that may change... we want to try all the Epcot TS restaurants but it may not be worth checking this off the list if the food is ick! We'll see! There are plenty of options if we ditch this.

Em is doing the primary planning for this trip so all of the dining line up is her handiwork. She's mapped out our park days and such. I just love watching a Diser blossom before my eyes!! Em may be doing a pre-dining review and DR for this one. (I'm deferring to her since she is our planner for this trip and you can see how long it has taken me to get this one finished so...one way or another we will report back on our dining experiences.)

Hopefully, we'll get to see Tracy (Tracer00) since she will be there during the Princess 1/2 marathon.

Thanks to everyone for reading along and for all of your warm and friendly comments!

Note: I do plan to finish my TR which is up to day 9 of 13 so there is hope that I will finish that one sometime in 2013!! :lmao:

DSC07066.jpg

Wonderful highlights and final wrap-up! It's awesome that you have another trip coming up in a few months, and the plans look great - you're trying so many new resorts and restaurants! I really hope you enjoy Jiko, since it's one of my favorite signatures (up there with Artist Point). :thumbsup2

As for Be Our Guest dinner and Narcoossee's...good luck! Both places have been receiving somewhat inconsistent reviews recently. That said, our last meal at Narcoossee's was very good, and BOG gets a pass for being brand new. Maybe they'll work things out over the next few weeks (and if they don't, you can let us know :laughing:).

Thanks for another fantastic set of dining reviews, and have a very happy New Year! :goodvibes

Fantastic way to wrap up! I already can't wait for the next report :) Not long to go at all, thats usually when we're at WDW but this year we choose May as its DS's first birthday at the end of Feb and we wanted him to be a little bigger on our trip.
Happy trip planning to you and Em and of course all the best for 2013 :goodvibes

Great wrap up!!! Thanks for sharing your reviews with us - I thoroughly enjoyed reading along. Very exciting that you have another girls' trip in the works!!! Happy New Year.:goodvibes

Sad to see this come to an end! You are one of my favorite dining reviewers!

I might be living under a rock, but I didn't know you had another TR going on. I'm heading over to check it out.

Also...yay for end of Feb and early March trip. I'll be there too (27th-3rd) visiting my sister who is doing the Disney College Program!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter