Eating Food While Watching Fantasmic.

kd_marmite

Earning My Ears
Planning on seeing Fantasmic on our upcoming trip in September. I know that you can order food from a Quick Service counter to take in with you to while before the show starts. My question is, do they just give you the typical paper plates on a food tray that you then have to balance while walking through the bleachers? Or is it possible to ask for it to be packaged in "to-go" containers/boxes? Bottles of drinks can be thrown in a backpack, but wondering what the easiest way to get food in there is?
Thanks in advance! :)

To my knowledge, there are very few QS locations that have any type of "to go" containers. I would be prepared to get the typical paper plates on a tray. You'd have to balance that while walking through the bleachers and then while sitting on the bleachers, with people in close proximity. Last trip, I saw people eating while waiting in line to get into the arena, which seemed a little easier.

Very few QS places have to go containers. Some will offer a second plate to cover the food, but you could bring your own containers and ziploc bags to pack the food.

There's a snack stand inside the Fantasmic! theater called Hollywood Hills Theater that offers snacks and munchies.

Planning on seeing Fantasmic on our upcoming trip in September. I know that you can order food from a Quick Service counter to take in with you to while before the show starts. My question is, do they just give you the typical paper plates on a food tray that you then have to balance while walking through the bleachers? Or is it possible to ask for it to be packaged in "to-go" containers/boxes? Bottles of drinks can be thrown in a backpack, but wondering what the easiest way to get food in there is?
Not really a place I'd want to grab my meal.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/...mic-concessions-in-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Nothing stopping you from bringing your own "to-go" containers. I ALWAYS have zip lock bags in my park bag to hold the remains of popcorn, or leftover pastries, etc from CS meals, but you could easily take a couple of disposable food containers (depending on what you are planning on eating) pack up your food, throw it into a bag and head in. You can always grab a CS tray on your way in too. (Just remember to return it on your way out) I think this is an excellent way to pass your time waiting for the show to start. Obviously this plan is heavily dependent on your food selection, but certainly do-able.

It was wall-to-wall people when we waited to get in a few weeks ago. It would have been difficult to eat anything more complicated than a snack you could handle with one hand.

So, the "rule" at Fantasmic is just like with any poker game or fantasy football draft (I'm female so don't label this post) - some food you can hold in one hand while other wised engaged in what you are really there for.

I either get popcorn at the bottom of the walkway (tastes better than the boxed stuff for some reason) or grab some prepackaged fruit if they still have that along Sunset Blvd.

I wondered the same thing at EPCOT. Kids can't always agree on one country to eat. Was thinking about getting something in Morocco and France and then bringing it down to UK to watch the British Revolution. Was hoping to send DH by himself to get everything. We always have gallon ziploc bags with us so I suppose that would have to work and he could stick it in the backpack for the walk back, but would be nice if the cs restaurants could prepare it to go.

I wondered the same thing at EPCOT. Kids can't always agree on one country to eat. Was thinking about getting something in Morocco and France and then bringing it down to UK to watch the British Revolution. Was hoping to send DH by himself to get everything. We always have gallon ziploc bags with us so I suppose that would have to work and he could stick it in the backpack for the walk back, but would be nice if the cs restaurants could prepare it to go.

How is he going to "package up" couscous and hummus and taboleh that is simply on a divided plate? You may have to rethink this plan.

We did this a few times and carrying all the food was certainly a challenge. I really like Kristy562's suggestion and wish we had thought of it at the time.

Big Mickey pretzel from the Anaheim produce place. Easy to eat and filling to boot!

Just like going to the movies back home. I consider Popcorn is dinner at Fantasmic. However I have seen people get a hot dog bag of chips and a bottled drink and bring that in. The hot dog is the only thing that would have to be hand carried and they come in those little paper trays. Plus I think the CS right across the street is the one that carries the 'gourmet' dogs like the Mac and Cheese.

I remember hearing that you might be able to swap 3 snacks for a CS meal credit on the dining plan. Could you do that at the Fantasmic stand?

He can just carry the tray from one place to the next and pile things on it. Or, stop in each country before you head to the United Kingdom, get the meals on the trays and all of you carry it back for the show.

I remember hearing that you might be able to swap 3 snacks for a CS meal credit on the dining plan. Could you do that at the Fantasmic stand?

Probably, but no one has reported that one yet. If you do it, please let us know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter