• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"earning" our spending money

leebee

DIS Veteran
Just made $45 for next month's trip by giving in and returning our bottles. There were 906 of 'em at 5 cents each! Too bad we aren't still in Michigan, where there's a 10 cent deposit- I'd be really rich! I've also been saving up random checks- rebates, gifts, etc.- which should bring the total to over $200. I'm gonna run out and buy Di$ney Dollar$ before my vacation money goes into the gas tank and refrigerator! I do love "found" money, don't you?

I live in Ohio and have thought about saving my bottles and driving to MI to turn them in. Has anyone does this? Where do you turn them in at?

G.

I have been doing online surveys and have made lots of money that I save as Disney spending $$$$. Last year I had over 700.00 in survey income. I banked that and I am still adding to it. The main companies I survey for are Greenfieldonline.com, surveyspot.com and clickiq.com.
Once you start doing them, it seems you are on a list of people that do surveys, because I have gotten tons of emails requesting me to take surveys from other companies and have gotten regular checks. $10 here, $20 there, it all adds up. It's fun too!

Originally posted by hulabird
I have been doing online surveys and have made lots of money that I save as Disney spending $$$$. Last year I had over 700.00 in survey income. I banked that and I am still adding to it. The main companies I survey for are Greenfieldonline.com, surveyspot.com and clickiq.com.
Once you start doing them, it seems you are on a list of people that do surveys, because I have gotten tons of emails requesting me to take surveys from other companies and have gotten regular checks. $10 here, $20 there, it all adds up. It's fun too!

How much time do the surveys actually take? And how long until you get the checks? Thanks!

Most surveys are 10-15 minutes, occaisionally I will get a focus group and will spend an hour to an hour and a half and get $30-$50. I have been doing this for years so it seems I get at least a few a day between my email address and my DH's. Some are for actual payments (6-8 weeks) and some are for a drawing, but I have won those too (the most being $100.00 on a drawing, but usually $10-$50). I would suggest you do a search and put in "surveys for cash" or something and start signing up. There was a site I went to last year that listed all the survey companies, and I clicked on each link and signed me and DH up. I don't remember the name of the site, but it listed 100's of companies. Once I even got to Beta Test for Lexmark and I came home one day to find a Z65p photoprinter at my door free of charge, all I had to do was use it according to some instructions they gave and then do some online surveys on it and it was mine to keep. Check the Disney Reward Programs board for more companies that offer surveys. My friends are jealous because it seems every week I either have checks worth $100 or more or a few $5-$10 checks that I can for lunch money. I keep telling them they have to sign up, but they never get around to it. Good luck!

I live in Ohio and have thought about saving my bottles and driving to MI to turn them in. Has anyone does this? Where do you turn them in at?

You can only turn in bottles and cans in the state they were purchased if you are charged a deposit. Like if you buy pop in Michigan and get charged a 5-10 cent deposit you have to return them in Michigan. You can not redeem your non deposit cans from Ohio. If you do have Michigan cans, you can probably take them to a grocery store or conveinence store. Hope this helps.:)

hi all....... Im am sure this has been brought up but we just simply save our change! I make sure when I pay for something I never use exact change ifs its 1.59 I give 2.00 throw the change in my bag and add it to the jar. It helps that Im a waitress too. Anyway, last year we saved four hundred dollars and this year so far we have saved 500. and we still have three months to go. We could take it to our credit union where they will cjange it for free but its so much fun to count and roll with the kids. We talk about math and how we are gonna spend our money. The day before we leave we change it and head to the disney store this way we know we will use it for what it was intended for. I do also Ebay when getting near trip time. any extra money goes towards the trip.:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter