• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Early November Travelers! For those arriving Nov 1 ~ Nov. 17

Good Morning!

Can you add me? Arriving Nov 2-7, staying at Swan?

Just got DH on board this week and we are officially going...booking airfare after I confirm time off Monday...then it will be real!

Thank you for all the tips...

Sure, but it's a bit of a long read!

Oct 29 (arrival day)
- after a very early morning and connecting flight, arrive in Orlando (and do a little dance) :banana: :dance3: :woohoo:!
- check in at the CSR and if the room is ready, drop off our carry-on baggage and freshen up, if it's not ready, head to DTD and have a bite to eat at the Earl of Sandwich :love:. If the room was ready, head to the MK from here, but if it wasn't ready, go back to the CSR and drop our bags in our room, which at this point would probably be ready, and then head to the MK
- 8:05 pm ADR at 'Ohana, go back to the resort after this, we will have had a long day!

Oct 30
- Epcot :cool1:
- Lunch at ?
- 5:45 pm, ADR at Coral Reef

Oct 31
- 8:05 am ADR at the Tusker House
- AK until around 2pm, then back to CSR
- nap/relax and get ready for...
- 5pm MNSSHP! :hyper:

Nov 1
- sleep in a bit, and then head to HS! :thumbsup2
- lunch at ?
- 5:50 pm ADR at 50's Prime Time

Nov 2
- AK::yes::
- 12:45 check in for BSS tour at 1, but shhh, it's a surprise! :rolleyes1 :yay:
- 4:45 pm ADR at Yak'n'Yetti

Nov 3
- HS until around 11:30, there are EMH this morning
- 12pm -ish, Epcot
- 7:30 pm ADR at Teppan Edo

Nov 4
- UNDECIDED!

Nov 5
- morning undecided
- around 5:30 leave where-ever we are to go to HS for the evening EMH

Nov 6
- check-out of CSR and get bags transferred over to the POR
- head to DTD for a bit
- around 11 check in at POR
- UNDECIDED

Nov 7
- 7:45 am ADR at Kona Cafe
- MK for rope drop! (will be the first time to see it)

Nov 8
- UNDECIDED

Nov 9
- AK in the morning
- leave around 2 or 3 pm for POR to have a nap/relax
- 5 pm MVMCP at MK!!! :woohoo: :santa:

Nov 10 (aka the crazy day! :crazy:)
- EMH at HS in the morning, leave around 10:30-11
- Epcot until around 2:30-3
- AK until about 5 or just before the parade
- HS around 6pm for the Osbourne Lights, if they're up and running
- MK around 9pm for EMH
We want to try and get all 4 parks in on this day, as it will be our last park day before we leave on the 11th :sad1:.

So, planning is going well! But I'd like to get the last few days planned out :)

Have you ever visited other hotels? I don't know when they decorate for Christmas, but I'm sure some are interesting even without holiday decorations. Maybe take a stroll on the boardwalk?

Oops! I hit reply before I was done with my last post.

Silverhaze269,
I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon (and wedding)!

Suelala:

Thursday, Nov 1: ... Meet @ MCO w/landing 30 min apart … head to ME for delivery @ POP. Great option for an affordable trip. Bus service is relatively quick and rooms are sufficient. My son & I are staying there as well for our 2nd mother/son trip. Arrive/check-in late evening, may/may not head to MK for Wishes. MK tonite features MSEP @ 8, WISHES @ 9 & both will be very busy. You could view from Flagpole but would need to be INSIDE park by 7:45 very latest to see parade, 8:45 for Wishes. How many days do you have tickets for your stay? May not want to waste a day just for Wishes if you cannot make both.

Friday 11/2: (GREAT DAY here) MK w/ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern; Park closes at 7pm for MNSSHP; head back to POP for a swim and early bedtime. Does anyone think we might want to get MNSSHP tickets? (We really enjoyed MNSSHP – but it will make for a LONG first day if you stay until midnight, and might make if tough getting to AK early tomorrow.)

Saturday, 11/3: (EASY DAY here) AK - nervous about EE (If you have a fear of heights, squint – it’s what I do. The ride is very exhilarating but fun – my granddaughter at age 4 ½ rode it 10 times in a row! Watch the Jammin' Jungle parade. IMHO – this is the best upclose parade at WDW, but many people are done with the park and depart before it begins. We generally stay for the parade on a day when we don’t arrive here until after 10:30am – do rides, see FOTLK, have lunch, see Nemo, see parade, maybe stay for dinner @ Tusker House or Yak & Yeti, walk out at twilight for a very different view of AK! .Then park hop to MK to see Wishes if don’t see on first night.

Sunday, 11/4: (GREAT DAY here) DHS (known as MGM to me, and I resist the name change! AGREE! But copyright privileges prevent WDW from maintaining that name.) ADR @ 50's Primetime; stay for Fantasmic.

Monday 11/5: (GREAT DAY here) Epcot world showcase to eat our way around the world at F&W festival. ADR @ Le Cellier but may cancel; Stay for Illuminations or POP if tired.

Tuesday 11/6: Back @ (GREAT DAY here) AK if we feel there is more to see; OR may resort hop hoping for some Christmas decorations. Should be up, or at least PUTTING them up by now.

Wednesday 11/7: Back @ (BUSY day/VERY BUSY night) Epcot for Futureworld. No idea where to eat there (Coral Reef? Great interior, can be relaxing as long as you ask the server NOT to rush your meal - or - QS at Sunshine Seasons)...(good plan to just do FW as WS will be busy tonight with F&WF and EMH late hours)Thursday 11/8: Back @ (GREAT DAY here – again. We arrive Tue & will be here all day today!) Epcot for F&W fest again. Favorite park (Ever consider doing an early morning Segway tour? Be warned – once you start you’ll be addicted to Segway!) & margaritas in mexico! (excellent plan – let us know what time & we’ll join you! )

Friday 11/9: Last full day. Leisurely morning, then (GOOD DAY) MK; afternoon break before heading back for MVMCP! I love Christmas! (We’ll be here tonight as well. Be sure to wave at us!)

Saturday 1/10: Dreaded last day - check out, leave luggage at POP; (busy- but not bad) MGM for a few hours (EMH today - be here by 7:30 as they will probably let us in by 7:45 or so, then leave when crowds crunch in) before hopping on ME to fly home. Love to make that the departure day park, as to me, it’s a more laid back park. (Haven’t finalized our plans yet, but pretty sure we’ll be here early this morning as well. We should have become great friends by now!)

Does anyone know if there has been any further word about the opening of Be Our Guest and when reservations will start?

Does anyone know if there has been any further word about the opening of Be Our Guest and when reservations will start?

The only info from Disney is that they will begin taking reservation calls in "late August", but no specific date for the opening has be revealed.

We're early Nov travellers too!
Will be in Disney for our Disneymoon and we can't wait!

Checking into POP on 12 - 14 Nov with a room only booking. That day is just for us to spend at Universal Studios. We priced it and it seems that getting a room at POP and travelling there via Mears is cheaper than renting a car or staying at a Universal hotel/ offsite + transport from airport.

Then we're checking into Poly from 14 - 20 Nov with FD upgraded to deluxe ! Super looking forward to it :D

I'm so happy I'm finally in the double digits! :cheer2: Yay for everyone arriving on Nov. 1st!! :mickeyjum Just think, in a few more days all of us early Nov. DISers will be in double digits! :banana::cool1::banana:

We are flying in on the 10th and flying out on the 19th! We will be going to Universal and IOA as well as Disney. So excited for our trip. My little guy is 3 and I can't wait to see the look on his face.

I'm so happy I'm finally in the double digits! :cheer2: Yay for everyone arriving on Nov. 1st!! :mickeyjum Just think, in a few more days all of us early Nov. DISers will be in double digits! :banana::cool1::banana:

:dance3::dance3::cheer2::cheer2::cool1::yay::banana::wizard: Yay for the start of double digit parties!! Yes,..we will all be here shortly!!!
Do any of you who go at least once a year or every 18 months or so, feel more excited about this trip than some in the past? We go once a year, and I always really look forward to it and really enjoy my planning and prepping--but this year my husband is more excited than he has been since we took our kids on their first trips!! Maybe because we are at the WL this time(his favorite),or maybe because he can look forward to a break more this year,...not sure, but even me and the kids seem more pumped up about it!!!How 'bout you?

Suelala:

Thursday, Nov 1: ... Meet @ MCO w/landing 30 min apart … head to ME for delivery @ POP. Great option for an affordable trip. Bus service is relatively quick and rooms are sufficient. My son & I are staying there as well for our 2nd mother/son trip. Arrive/check-in late evening, may/may not head to MK for Wishes. MK tonite features MSEP @ 8, WISHES @ 9 & both will be very busy. You could view from Flagpole but would need to be INSIDE park by 7:45 very latest to see parade, 8:45 for Wishes. How many days do you have tickets for your stay? May not want to waste a day just for Wishes if you cannot make both.

Friday 11/2: (GREAT DAY here) MK w/ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern; Park closes at 7pm for MNSSHP; head back to POP for a swim and early bedtime. Does anyone think we might want to get MNSSHP tickets? (We really enjoyed MNSSHP – but it will make for a LONG first day if you stay until midnight, and might make if tough getting to AK early tomorrow.)

Saturday, 11/3: (EASY DAY here) AK - nervous about EE (If you have a fear of heights, squint – it’s what I do. The ride is very exhilarating but fun – my granddaughter at age 4 ½ rode it 10 times in a row! Watch the Jammin' Jungle parade. IMHO – this is the best upclose parade at WDW, but many people are done with the park and depart before it begins. We generally stay for the parade on a day when we don’t arrive here until after 10:30am – do rides, see FOTLK, have lunch, see Nemo, see parade, maybe stay for dinner @ Tusker House or Yak & Yeti, walk out at twilight for a very different view of AK! .Then park hop to MK to see Wishes if don’t see on first night.

Sunday, 11/4: (GREAT DAY here) DHS (known as MGM to me, and I resist the name change! AGREE! But copyright privileges prevent WDW from maintaining that name.) ADR @ 50's Primetime; stay for Fantasmic.

Monday 11/5: (GREAT DAY here) Epcot world showcase to eat our way around the world at F&W festival. ADR @ Le Cellier but may cancel; Stay for Illuminations or POP if tired.

Tuesday 11/6: Back @ (GREAT DAY here) AK if we feel there is more to see; OR may resort hop hoping for some Christmas decorations. Should be up, or at least PUTTING them up by now.

Wednesday 11/7: Back @ (BUSY day/VERY BUSY night) Epcot for Futureworld. No idea where to eat there (Coral Reef? Great interior, can be relaxing as long as you ask the server NOT to rush your meal - or - QS at Sunshine Seasons)...(good plan to just do FW as WS will be busy tonight with F&WF and EMH late hours)Thursday 11/8: Back @ (GREAT DAY here – again. We arrive Tue & will be here all day today!) Epcot for F&W fest again. Favorite park (Ever consider doing an early morning Segway tour? Be warned – once you start you’ll be addicted to Segway!) & margaritas in mexico! (excellent plan – let us know what time & we’ll join you! )

Friday 11/9: Last full day. Leisurely morning, then (GOOD DAY) MK; afternoon break before heading back for MVMCP! I love Christmas! (We’ll be here tonight as well. Be sure to wave at us!)

Saturday 1/10: Dreaded last day - check out, leave luggage at POP; (busy- but not bad) MGM for a few hours (EMH today - be here by 7:30 as they will probably let us in by 7:45 or so, then leave when crowds crunch in) before hopping on ME to fly home. Love to make that the departure day park, as to me, it’s a more laid back park. (Haven’t finalized our plans yet, but pretty sure we’ll be here early this morning as well. We should have become great friends by now!)

Thanks so much for your review! You have some great suggestions! We have 10 day parkhoppers, so no problem to go to MK just for Wishes on arrival day. However, I have a long flight that day, and have health issues (RA) so that might not be wise. Maybe just getting dinner, swimming, spending time catching up and unpacking would be a better idea. I have actually reviewed these plans and am changing some of them AGAIN! I will post revised plan and I hope you take a look at it and tell me if you think it is a better one! I hope you and your son have a wonderful, magical trip! Oh, and I agree with you about MNSSHP...would love to see the parade, but maybe another time.

tomorrow is my double digit dance. I am excited for ths trip because it wil lbe my longest one ever! And doing boht parties....which I've never done either before. Lots of new stuff for us this time around.

Broncobilly83 said:
Found a comment that said a CM had said ADRs open Aug. 28. Still no official word beyond late August...

°o° Lace — Planning our second WDW adventure, 11/1-10 AoA-LM (Sent from my iPad using DISBoards)

lovemickeyshouse said:
Any news on public discounts for the 2nd week of November?Thanks for your help and its our Dismoon.:thumbsup2

Can you tweak your dates? Frm what I read on the boards the discounts are given based on occupancy and its likely that the week you are going is busy already because of Jersey week/ veterans day/ some other reason. Maybe u can move your booking fwd a bit so it starts on a day when fd is offered? Though you might have already thought of it and ruled it out.

Or maybe call Disney to check if you have a room only pin? Its worth a shot.

Good luck n Congrats on your wedding!!!

The count down has begun in earnest! Here's my dilemma; I have planned 5 other WDW trips with no problem, but this time, I am having a terrible time finalizing our plans. I think I am reading too much info and getting scared away from certain parks on certain days due to crowd concerns. Other than 1 trip in December, I have always gone in early November (1-10 this time)and have always found the crowds quite reasonable. However, I havent been in 5 years and from what I read everywhere, it sounds like this time is now pretty busy. Birnbaums now rates this as a busy week, and it was always listed as a low attendance week in the past. easywdw.com lists what parks to avoid on which days, and again,it sounds like a crowd. What do YOU guys think? I feel like the DISboard people are the real experts. Should I follow the easywdw recommendations, or just go to the park I want to go to and forget it? We do have park hoppers. Thanks for your thoughts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter