Early Entry Rope Drop Strategy

SteveInOmaha

Mouseketeer
We are a party of 6 going to WDW January 5-9. We will be at or near the front of the Early Entry Rope Drop at each park. We are using Lightening Lane, but not the Individual one. Do these opening strategies sound reasonable?

Magic Kingdom (riding Jungle Cruise is not a priority for us)
7am - one person gets a Big Thunder Mountain Lightening Lane, another gets a Tron Boarding Group
Early Entry Rope Drop - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Early Entry - Peter Pan

Epcot (Int'l Gateway via skyway from Pop Century)
7am - one person gets a Test Track Lightening Lane, another gets a Guardians Boarding Group
Early Entry Rope Drop - Ratatouille
Early Entry - Frozen

Studios
7am - get a Slinky Lightening Lane
Early Entry Rope Drop - Rise of the Resistance
Early Entry - Millennium Falcon

Animal Kingdom
7am - get Kilimanjaro Lightening Lane
Early Entry Rope Drop - Flight of Passage
Early Entry - Na'vi River

The big question is at each park, will we be able to ride the 2nd Early Entry attraction with a reasonable wait time?

If you want to ride SDMT more than once, I would RD that instead of PP and then as soon as you get off SDMT ride PP, then grab a LL for SDMT. Personally, I find BTMR to be a 20m wait or less for a good hourish after we ride SDMT. I don't know that I would use my LL here initially. I would probably grab a SDMT or SM LL first and then later in the day do BTMR with a LL so I could ride it multiple times quickly.

Your Epcot plan is exactly what I would do.

HS -- Your plan is what I would do IF I didn't buy the ILL for Rise. If I did buy the ILL for Rise, I would rope drop Slinky, TOT, or RNRC so I could ride more than once (using the LL as my second ride), and would pick up a LL for Smuggler's Run later..

The AK plan is exactly what I would do and then if you have park hoppers, start stacking for a second park after you use your Safari LL.

If you are arrive at each park one hour before the EE time, and you move with respectful intention -- you will easily be able to knock out 1-3 rides. We have always been able to knock out SDMT first then SM before the park officially opens, but where you are in the line-up is important.

We are a party of 6 going to WDW January 5-9. We will be at or near the front of the Early Entry Rope Drop at each park. We are using Lightening Lane, but not the Individual one. Do these opening strategies sound reasonable?

Magic Kingdom (riding Jungle Cruise is not a priority for us)
7am - one person gets a Big Thunder Mountain Lightening Lane, another gets a Tron Boarding Group
Early Entry Rope Drop - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Early Entry - Peter Pan

Epcot (Int'l Gateway via skyway from Pop Century)
7am - one person gets a Test Track Lightening Lane, another gets a Guardians Boarding Group
Early Entry Rope Drop - Ratatouille
Early Entry - Frozen

Studios
7am - get a Slinky Lightening Lane
Early Entry Rope Drop - Rise of the Resistance
Early Entry - Millennium Falcon

Animal Kingdom
7am - get Kilimanjaro Lightening Lane
Early Entry Rope Drop - Flight of Passage
Early Entry - Na'vi River

The big question is at each park, will we be able to ride the 2nd Early Entry attraction with a reasonable wait time?

If you want to ride SDMT more than once, I would RD that instead of PP and then as soon as you get off SDMT ride PP, then grab a LL for SDMT. Personally, I find BTMR to be a 20m wait or less for a good hourish after we ride SDMT. I don't know that I would use my LL here initially. I would probably grab a SDMT or SM LL first and then later in the day do BTMR with a LL so I could ride it multiple times quickly.

Your Epcot plan is exactly what I would do.

HS -- Your plan is what I would do IF I didn't buy the ILL for Rise. If I did buy the ILL for Rise, I would rope drop Slinky, TOT, or RNRC so I could ride more than once (using the LL as my second ride), and would pick up a LL for Smuggler's Run later..

The AK plan is exactly what I would do and then if you have park hoppers, start stacking for a second park after you use your Safari LL.

If you are arrive at each park one hour before the EE time, and you move with respectful intention -- you will easily be able to knock out 1-3 rides. We have always been able to knock out SDMT first then SM before the park officially opens, but where you are in the line-up is important.
Thanks. Is there a list of acronyms anywhere?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter