Early December Trip?

Nicole33

Earning My Ears
We are thinking about doing Disney the last few days of November (AFTER Thanksgiving) into the 1st week of December. Nov 29-Dec 7. Most of the crowd calendar seem to rank this week pretty high. We will be staying off site, with a car, with a 3 1/2 & almost 7 year old. Planning 1st day at day at LegoLand, while Thanksgiving crowds are still leaving Disney.
We are looking forward to the Christmas decorations and festivities at the parks. Hoping for low crowds. But what is the weather usually like? I'm assuming cool evenings (sweatshirts?). But during the day are shorts and light tops doable? Also, my kids will really want to swim in the hotel pool. Do you think that's possible?

Hi,

You are arriving Thanksgiving weekend, that's why crowds will be high. Also the following weekend is the weekend they tape the Disney Christmas special at the MK, so big crowds gather for that.

As for the weather: winter weather in Orlando is unpredictable. You could have warm days (80s) with cool mornings. Or you could have mornings near freezing with afternoon highs in the 40s or 50s. Or you could have a little of both, or something in between.

We went for 7 days at the beginning of December 5 years ago. At the beginning of the trip, it was chilly - we were in scarves and beanies. There was one day it poured all day, really heavy rain. By the end of the trip, we were hot. It's very unpredictable. We went the same time period two years prior and wore jeans and tshirts all day and could have gone swimming if we'd wanted, and there was only one 5 minutes rain shower the whole 7 day trip. We're from CA so used to warmer weather. We will be going in the same time period again this year and while I will definitely be watching the weather before we leave, we will come prepared for anything. If I hadn't been watching the weather last time, I doubt we would have brought scarves and beanies - after all, we didn't the time before and had no need for them.

Thanks all! I just checked out the historical temps & rain for these dates...and it actually shows warmer than I thought.
We are from Philadelphia, so I can't image EVER wearing scarfs & hats in Florida. We hardly even do that here unless it's a polar vortex blizzard!
Thanks also for the heads up on the filming of the parade...that actually has me reworking our last day.

We've gone in early December several times. I always plan our wardrobes to be tshirts, jeans, shorts, and coordinating long-sleeve shirts to wear under the tshirts. This kind of layering usually works well. We always bring a hoody or two with us, but two years ago it was so cold....we didn't have enough layers. We ended up wearing our hoodies everyday. Luckily I had tossed in gloves and scarfs before we left home (just in case).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter