• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DW virgins, what do you do?

I will add some of my favorites that are exclusive to WDW.

*Monsters Laugh Floor
*Mickey's Philharmagic
*Dinosaur
*Kilimanjaro Safari
*Expedition Everest
*Rock-n-Roller Coaster
*Ellen's Energy Adventure (if you have the time for this long ride)
*Imagination (usually a walk-on and cute)
*Finding Nemo (similar and not as neat as the submarine version at DL but a walk on)

Unlike DL, Star Tour lines are usually short so that might be something to add even though it is the same attraction. I also think The Jungle Cruise is much better at WDW and worth checking out.

Have a great time! It's so fun going there with newbies. :-)

Last edited:
I'm sure you've already done this, but ask them what sounds good to them. Just show them a map and have them pick some things out. Knowing they chose some things in any given park may add to their excitement of their chosen "thing." Also relay to them that the parks (namely Epcot) are a LOT bigger than DL so you may want to factor in some breaks from walking. A nice cool drink or ice cream would help that as you take in the sights!

So excited for you! I'm a creature of habit so I have a few things that I need to do. First I have to do the Magic Kingdom Sandwich, so I start my first day at MK and end my last day with it and see Wishes both times. Epcot always has to be my second day. I'm not sure which time frame you are planning on going with but there's a chance Pandora might be opened. For me, if its closed I usually do a half day at Animal Kingdom. I find there aren't a whole lof of rides there are mainly a lot of walking so I try to do the Safari, Festival of the Lion King, Expedition Everest, and Dinosaur. If Pandora is open you'll want the full day. For Hollywood Studios you don't really need a full day but you should still check it out. There are some great rides like Toy Story Midway Mania and Tower of Terror. I would end the evening at HS with Fantasmic as I've heart the Star Wars fireworks are lack luster. I know you have two rest days scheduled but I would try to limit the rest day to just one. There is so much to do at Disney World and Magic Kingdom and Epcot alone I believe are worth extra visits. One thing I do is if I want to rest I'll do a half rest day. So sleep in relax at the hotel/ pool and spending the evening at a park.

Also want to add some must do's for us like Mickey's Philharmagic at Magic Kingdom as our first stop. It sets you up on your disney vacation :) Also a tradition is we always have Lunch at Biergarten in Epcot. Its a buffet style restaurant set up to look like Germany outside at night. There's a fake moon as you dine and a stage for some performances. Hope you have a great time!
Awesome, thank you. I had planned the MK sandwich too. But it will depend on what is happening at MK. If they are doing the MNSSHP at that time. I think we decided that two of us want to do that if it is going on. But actually I've seen the Star Wars fireworks, and my friends are also huge SW fans so I think we will be doing those, and Pandora is going on so I'm thinking I can do HS in the morning, early morning hours and get everything in without FP and then hop over to AK and get both of those done in a day. I had Biergarten last trip and I found it rather tasty and will bring it up to them to try again. Thank you for your imput.

They may enjoy getting to experience the MK/DHS versions of the DL attractions that have been down more than a year (and will be down most of this year) due to Star Wars Land construction. Those would be the WDWRR, Tom Sawyer Island, the Liberty Belle, and Fantasmic.

They will also probably love the things DLR used to have that now are only at WDW, including Carousel of Progress, Country Bear Jamboree, the People Mover, Jungle Cruise with the temple still in it (DL had its temple taken out when Indy was built), and Tower of Terror (which is now closed at DLR.)

I agree to save the night for fireworks. The Wishes and Illuminations shows are great.
If you have tickets that let you park hop then spend an evening at EPCOT for the walk around the countries. Much nicer at night.
Having ridden Space Mountain in both parks I find the DL version much more of a tame ride. There were no big, quick drops like in MK. Also, the fast pass track and the standby track are different so see if you can go left and right side for two rides.
The park gets much more crowded than DL so try to get their early at Rope Drop so you can get a lot of rides in with minimal wait.

They may enjoy getting to experience the MK/DHS versions of the DL attractions that have been down more than a year (and will be down most of this year) due to Star Wars Land construction. Those would be the WDWRR, Tom Sawyer Island, the Liberty Belle, and Fantasmic.

They will also probably love the things DLR used to have that now are only at WDW, including Carousel of Progress, Country Bear Jamboree, the People Mover, Jungle Cruise with the temple still in it (DL had its temple taken out when Indy was built), and Tower of Terror (which is now closed at DLR.)
Thank you. I'm having them each pick three must do's to try and fit in. I agree on seeing the things they wont get to see at DL.

I agree to save the night for fireworks. The Wishes and Illuminations shows are great.
If you have tickets that let you park hop then spend an evening at EPCOT for the walk around the countries. Much nicer at night.
Having ridden Space Mountain in both parks I find the DL version much more of a tame ride. There were no big, quick drops like in MK. Also, the fast pass track and the standby track are different so see if you can go left and right side for two rides.
The park gets much more crowded than DL so try to get their early at Rope Drop so you can get a lot of rides in with minimal wait.

Thank you. I am kinda bummed the MK opening changed, so I'll def get to all the parks early an use the extra morning hours. I don't know if all of the party will make it that early, but thats what I'm going to be doing. I've heard great things about finding places for illuminations from around the world. I think thats what we will be doing this time. I didnt even see it the last time I was there. I think we may single rider a few rides too. Last year on Space Mtn i was a bit dismayed to see the fast pass line backed up farther than the regular one. This is going to be an interesting trip.

At MK at rope drop, in the hour before the fast pass line builds, Space Mountain CMs in the station will usually direct standby riders to both loading queues. So early enough, you can easily ride both sides as standby. Generally, if you simply re-enter the standby queue immediately after you've exit of the ride at rope drop, by the time you get to the loading station, they will be directing you to the other side.

But I would be wary of assuming that OP's DL-vet guests are going to automatically consider any specific rides at Walt Disney World to be better than their Disneyland counterparts. that's usually a recipe for disaster when you're showing first timers around on either coast. For example, I love Space Mountain at both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. But the Disneyland version for a very long time was my only adult experience of it, and as much as I love MK's version now, I still find myself wishing for Disneyland's wilder track layout and better interior effects every time I ride it.

At MK at rope drop, in the hour before the fast pass line builds, Space Mountain CMs in the station will usually direct standby riders to both loading queues. So early enough, you can easily ride both sides as standby. Generally, if you simply re-enter the standby queue immediately after you've exit of the ride at rope drop, by the time you get to the loading station, they will be directing you to the other side.

But I would be wary of assuming that OP's DL-vet guests are going to automatically consider any specific rides at Walt Disney World to be better than their Disneyland counterparts. that's usually a recipe for disaster when you're showing first timers around on either coast. For example, I love Space Mountain at both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom. But the Disneyland version for a very long time was my only adult experience of it, and as much as I love MK's version now, I still find myself wishing for Disneyland's wilder track layout and better interior effects every time I ride it.
I hope to actually get in as many rides as possible. I'll def fast pass the really urgent ones. I want to ride Peter Pan but that will be a first one thing, just to show the waiting que. I think its really cool and fast passing it, you miss some of that. But I'm going to try for a little Pixie Dust and do as much as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter