• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVD of WDW - Has Anyone viewed it?

Jules, I believe it's sold at the World of Disney in DTD. They may also sell it in the parks. Have a great trip!!

For some rides, like the Great Movie Ride, they show a whole segment of the ride - it shows the Gangster Scene and the Western Town Scene. For other things they show a much shorter piece, but it does give a pretty good general idea of each ride. They show a pretty long section of Illuminations and the music is actually coordinated with the fireworks.

We thought it was a nice DVD.

The DVD/Video in the parks shows more of the rides than the promotional video does. As previously noted, it does not touch on other parts of WDW, only the parks.

The park video takes more of a "low key" approach. There are voiceovers from Walt and also from another announcer (probably when they couldn't find an appropriate comment from Walt). The promotional video is more "in your face", with very enthusiastic voiceovers. In other words, the promotional video is trying to sell WDW to you, while the park video is meant as a momento from your trip.

Both are excellent, if you enjoy images from WDW.

Also, as others stated, the park DVD has the Walt Disney Story. I think its the same as the movie shown at the end of the Walt Disney attraction in MGM, minus the Michael Eisner parts. I'm not positive though, since I only saw the film in MGM once. Regardless, it is EXCELLENT if you are at all interested in Walt. I'm not sure if the Walt Disney Story is included on the in-park VHS version, but perhaps somebody else can verify.

If you like to view your WDW videos repeatedly, the DVD is a must. VHS tapes wear down with each use, while DVD's do not.

Does anyone know if there is a way to order this DVD online? It sounds great and I plan to use it to get the DKs good and excited prior to the trip. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I know this isnt the tape you are talking about....Disney has a series of kids vhs videos out that have kids in it and they sing songs...and they go all over the place at disney world.

My Ds...has the main street usa one..and the beach party...
Many Many beautiful scenes of all around walt disney world.
He always gets excited and says..."I wanna go there"

We always watch them in the car on the way there too! IT is very exciting to watch while on your way.

The best part is...they are cheap...like 7-8 bucks.... Disney thrills

cant wait to go back. :earsboy:

Last year I bought a video at WDW called "4 Parks 1 World". I'm wondering if this one is pretty much the same with just the Walt part added? I'll probably end up buying it anyway. Can't get enough Disney footage!;)

cant get enough disney ....we buy everything with actual footage of disney...and geez...lets not forget our own personal videos...
our favorite thing to watch...
Especially when we are getting ready to go on another trip soon!

check out my website

For anyone looking to purchase this DVD, it is NOT available online. I called merchandising directly, and was told (rather snydely) "Oh no, you can only get it by calling us."

If you're interested in a copy, it's $40.90 total. ($29.95 for the item, $10.95 for S&H) However, be prepared for a long wait. It takes 10-20 days to arrive!!!!!!!!!!! For $11 shipping, I want it tomorrow!!!! Anyway, call 407-363-6200 and ask for the 100 years of Magic DVD, and they'll take your order.

Shakespeare or anyone who can answer,
I watched for the Davey Crockett video to be released after reading about it in my magazine but I've never found it. Does it have more than the video of the the "River Pirates" or the video of "King of the Wild Frontier" segments? Can I still get it? If so, where? I would love to have Swamp Fox, too!

Belle5:
I bought the Davy Crockett DVD at Costco at Christmas. I've seen it in other places since then, so you should be able to find it.
Disc 1 has:
Davy Crockett, Indian Fighter
Davy Crocket goes to Congress
Davy Crocket at the Alamo

Disc 2:
Davy Crockett's Keelboat Race
Davy Crockett and the River Pirates
A conversation with Fess Parker
The Davy Crockett Craze
Gallery

The total running time is 4 hours and 28 minutes

Thanx for the link. Thank goodness it said "not to be confused" part... Cause I was looking at mine and thought hmmmmmmm it looks like the same..but saw the back and saw the back on mine and it is different. Almost the same but nope. And this just came out yesterday? Woohoo...something to get for our upcoming trip in Dec.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter