DVD of WDW - Has Anyone viewed it?

Star Wars Guy

Jedi Master
I just returned from a trip to WDW and saw they have a 1 hour DVD (they also have a VHS version) that has 2 segments on it - 1. The Parks, 2. About Walt Disney. It sells for $30 and has the 100 Year Logo on the front of the case if I remember correctly.

Has anyone purchased/viewed this DVD? I was going to buy it, but when I saw the description on the back, it made me think that the free vacation planner video probably had the same level of detail about the parks and rides that this had. I also figured the 2nd segment about Walt was probably what had already been shown on The Wonderful World of Disney awhile back.

Is it worth the $30? If so, I'll pick it up on my next trip in a few months.

Personally, I say no. The Walt Disney thing is very good. Thats the good part about it

The bad part is the WDW part. Its just horribly gone. They make the rides seem 150% better they are. Maybe if you want to see what the parks look like then its worth it, but not for the content

I have the dvd and think it's wonderful. It has tons more content than the promo video. It's only an hour (if I remember correctly) so don't expect every nook and cranny to be covered. But it does go through ever park, land, country, pavilion, and major ride. Some of the footage is a bit recycled from previous videos sold in the parks, but over all I would say this is the best one I've seen. Plus being on DVD you can skip to the chapter (part of Disney World) that interests you. Through the Walt Disney Story on top of that and I think it's a wonderful dvd. Is it perfect? Of course not, but at $30 I think it was one of our best park purchases. Let me know if you have any specific questions about what's contained on the dvd.. it's been a few days since I've watched it, so I may just pop it on when I get home from work :)

I justwatched mine with DH today..We ordered it through WDW Merchandising and it cost $40.00 with shipping and tax..And worth every penny! ..We loved it. I plan to watch it over and over..I have a WDW sickness!! The second part, Walt's story was just as Good..I learned alot and there was so many pictures and information on him from birth on up.. Great DVD..

Chatty

Does the DVD have any inside shots of Pirates of the Caribbean on it. My 7 y.o. son wants to ride POC so bad, but is to afraid to go past the doors to get on. I was thinking if it had any info on POC it maybe with purchasing it.

yes!! tHE pIRATES OF THE cARIBBEAN SHOTS ARE great!! yOUR SON WILL LOVE IT..

cHATTY

The previous VHS version, called "Around the World with Mickey & Friends" was released a few years ago and only had conceptual drawings of Animal Kingdom.

This new DVD has the real deal!! Lots of great movies of the rides..Professional not like the ones my husband takes..

Chatty

It's called "WALT DISNEY WORLD"
100 YEARS OF MAGIC

BONUS FEATURE
" THE WALT DISNEY STORY"

MINE IS A DVD..

IT'S A BLUE COVER AND IN THE MIDDLE ARE 4 EQUAL SECTIONS..ONE SECTION IS THE MAGIC KINGDOM, THE OTHER IS EPCOT, THE OTHER MGM STUDIOS, AND THE 4TH SHOWS THE TREE BEING THE ANIMAL KINGDOM..

AND IN RED ACROSS THE TOP OF THESE FOUR PARKS IS A BIG 100...WITH DONALD DUCK, MICKEY MOUSE,GOOFY AND MINNIE HOLDING PAINT BRUSHES WITH RED PAINT ON THE AS IF THEY JUST PAINTED THE 100...

IT'S 60 MINS.LONG

THE BAR CODE ON THE BACK SAYS ON THE TOP

100BR WDW DVD $29.99

AND ON THE BOTTOM OF THE BAR CODE IT SAYS,

4 00132 13103 8

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT!

cHATTY

Is this anythig like the Disneyland special DVD that was released at the same time as the Davey Crocket DVD?

I was hoping for a WDW one, and a swampfox DVD =)

IS it available outside the park? My local Disney Store just closed =(

I also have the DL one in the tin. But I like this 100 yr.one way way better..My daughter was at WDW on her honeymoon and said she saw one there..My guess and I could be wrong, is that it's a park only thing..

Chatty

If the video is like previous videos, it will take you on a tour of each park. Kind of like a professional grade highlights package of each park. The old version had Mickey and friends viewing "home movies" of each park, so I imagine this will be similar. It's not like the DL DVD that came in the tin. That set compiles the live opening and other TV shows of DL whereas the DVD in question is a new "tour." It's only available at WDW, so I'll be calling for my copy soon!! :)

I thought I would give a review of the dvd for those interested.

When you play the dvd you're presented w the choice to watch the WDW 100 yrs park tour or the Walt Disney Story. Both are about 60 min. I thought it was interesting that the dvd is technically presented in 5.1 surround, although there is no separation of sound except for the .1 sub.

Anyway, the tour begins with a somewhat cheesy but catchy song and leads into an old (obviously) interview with Walt himself talking about creating Disneyland. Then it moves onto the MK with Walt giving a quick intro to each land and each park actually.
I though I'd give you a run down of each specific attraction they touch on (aside from the general footage from around the parks) So here goes:

JC, PoC,
Space Mt, Speedway, Astro Orbitor,
Country Bears, BTM, Splash
HoP, HM
Peter P, Small W
Fantasy in the Sky

All the Future World Pavilions.. However, Energy just has old footage and no mention of Ellen's and the Jorney into Imagination (nor Your Imagination) is covered.. just Image Works,
Every country is covered,

Great Movie Ride, Indiana JSS, Star Tours, Backlot T, Animation T, ToT

Dinosaur, Trails, Safari, Cons Station.. Animal Kingdom had the best footage b/c it was all new. Many parts of the the other parks are recycled footage

And there it ends.. no DTD.. no Resorts.. no Water Parks etc..
I was a bit disappointed about that, but overall it is a terrific souvenier video.

Hope this helps.. Feel free to ask any specifics.

How much detail does it go into for each attraction? I know the Vacation planning video does about 2 seconds per attraction - enough to show you the general idea, but not enough to satisfy the desire to see a majority of the ride (to re-live the experience.)

I have a Walt Disney World VHS that we bought last year (July). It goes through all four parks, a little bit of history, and is not the same thing as the vacation video (we get that one every year). Is the DVD different enough from the VHS to warrant spending the money?
-MrsAPalm

I will be visiting in November, and would like to purchase the DVD while I'm there, where in the World is it sold??

Jules

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter