• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC points for cruise booked through TA

MomsOf2boys

<font color= deeppink ><marquee>Has obsessive fing
Good morning everyone

I have previously booked a cruise through DVC when we would not be able to use our points for resort stays. I called this time and a couple of things were told to me differently and I wanted to see if anyone else has had this experience.

I am wanting to book concierge, previously, we were only able to book V using points. This time I was told I could use points even for the R. So I was thinking T as we are 4 adults. This cruise is 17 months out so we have a lot of time however, we are going with other family members and want to have staterooms in close vicinity.

We were told to go ahead and book through a TA as we will be paying cash for person 2 and 4. When we are ready to pay the remainder of our cash price, to call DVC and they will take the reservation over and complete their part.

My TA, who is experienced with Disney, has not heard of this and when she called DCL they said it had to come from DVC, which it would, after that transfer.

Anyone have any knowledge of this type of transaction. Not trying to get anything by, I called DVC first who said call your TA.

Thank you in advance.

...We were told to go ahead and book through a TA as we will be paying cash for person 2 and 4...
Unless something has changed that I am not aware of:
if you are going to use points the first person must be on points and the rest on cash or
the first two people must be on points and the rest on cash or
the first three people must be on points and the fourth on cash or
all four must be on points.
You can not book person one on points, person two on cash, person three on points, and person four on cash. You must pay DVC negotiated prices if you are booking even one person on points. I would call DVC MS back, choose the option for the DCL bookings off the menu, and talk with a different CM. I believe that you were given some incorrect information.

I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that the OP wants to book cabins located near other family members who are not booking with DVC points. This way the TA could book all cabins together and then have DVC take over their booking to pay with points? However, I have not used points to cruise yet, but that's what comes to my mind. If the OP books through DVC from the beginning, they may not be able to get cabins next or near other family members. It wouldn't hurt to make another call to find out if the first set of instructions would be the same as the second.

I recently booked a cruise over a year and a half out while onboard a Disney cruise. I called DVC to find out if I need to decide on using points vs cash by a certain date. I found out that even though point chart for my specific cruise is not out yet on the DVC web site, they already have the info available and can tell me the point vs cash price for each guest in my cabin. I only have enough points for the 1st adult and the 3rd person(child). I was told I can use points for them and pay cash to DVC for the 2nd adult in the room. I would need to transfer my reservation from DCL to DVC first and make full payment right then for the 2nd guest. And I have up till final payment date to transfer to DVC if I want to use points to pay for part of the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter