• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Members will now get special welcome at parks

Mine turned purple when we were there for over Christmas. I only heard the "welcome home" twice. I assume that was because of noise levels. For some reason, I waited until the last day to ask why, and was told the it was for DVC. My husband's did not do that. I later realized that on the MDE app I was showing as a DVC member, but my husband was not. I did not bother to see if I could add the DVC account number to him.

I think it's sad that an automated machine is saying "welcome home" as the CM is going about their business. Doesn't that diminish the point? Does the tapstile give you a friendly and welcoming smile?

MG

I think it's sad that an automated machine is saying "welcome home" as the CM is going about their business. Doesn't that diminish the point? Does the tapstile give you a friendly and welcoming smile?

MG

It was not sad at all. It was actually very cool and we liked the special changing colors on the tapstile as opposed to the green. It did make us feel special as not everyone gets it and the cast members WERE paying attention as we entered. Maybe if you were a DVC member again you would also enjoy it rather than being so cynical over everything. Don't knock it just bcuz you can't hear it anymore. I repeat. It was not sad at all.

I got the myriad of colors in December one day.

It should be pretty easy technology (and of course means they can program the system to recognize that you are DVC owners) so it's fine but for me it's like the Welcome Home which wasn't important. I just want things to work with some consistency and efficiency.

Did not get any Welcome Home from the CMs at MK nor EPCOT over the past two days even though the color showed purple and then green at the turnstiles.

MG

I kind of thought that too. To me, it's just another example of how face-to-face contact in life is diminishing. As Timon would say, "And everyone's OK with this?"

Last edited:
It was not sad at all. It was actually very cool and we liked the special changing colors on the tapstile as opposed to the green. It did make us feel special as not everyone gets it and the cast members WERE paying attention as we entered. Maybe if you were a DVC member again you would also enjoy it rather than being so cynical over everything. Don't knock it just bcuz you can't hear it anymore. I repeat. It was not sad at all.
As I alluded to earlier, I truly enjoyed the "Welcome Home" in the old days.... when it truly was for Members. I didn't like seeing it get watered down so much.
I do think the colors are neat.. I just think it would be much better if the CM saw the colors, looked you in the eye and said it with a smile.

MG

We were there last week and I got the purple for the first park we visited each day, but no subsequent parks. my children did not get it at all so it must be just fr the adult owners. We did not hear any message from the tapstile (first time I heard that word!). One of the CM commented "oh, look - a pretty purple". Every other one ignored it, looking for the green afterward. Actually, I did not hear - Welcome Home - at all the entire 5 days wee were there - not at the front gates, not when checking in, not at the parks when I used my DVC card. Kind of disappointed in that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter