DVC Members will now get special welcome at parks

We were just there last week (got home Monday night) and we got the changing colors with the pink & blue & if you listened near the touch point it said Welcome Home. We thought it was pretty cool. Our sons band however did not do it. Dunno if it's just for the members listed on the contract?! The first time it did it we didn't hear it talk we just saw the lights asked why & the CM just said we paid more for it. We didn't get it at the time but I do now. :rolleyes: We also didn't have to always do the fingerprint scan. That was hit & miss.

We also got to use the special AP passholder entrance lines which were a huge plus. Really sped that part up as the parks were packed. AP holders definitely know how to move through faster. I hope they decide to keep that.

We also got to use the special AP passholder entrance lines which were a huge plus. Really sped that part up as the parks were packed. AP holders definitely know how to move through faster. I hope they decide to keep that.

You mentioned you had other with you, did they have APs and if, not were they allowed to use the AP entry with you? Or was it only AP holders in the queue? Just wondering since we have APS but our grandkids don't. Our next trip in less than 2 week away.

You mentioned you had other with you, did they have APs and if, not were they allowed to use the AP entry with you? Or was it only AP holders in the queue? Just wondering since we have APS but our grandkids don't. Our next trip in less than 2 week away.

We upgraded our DS's park hopper to an AP on our first day once we were inside the park at the Town Hall Guest Relations after we went in. He was able to go thru with us on that one time without any questions.

Haven't heard it talk and still no mention on DVC when going through and DH's doesn't change color. Just green for him.
I've had such a hard time this trip with the being blue almost every time, it is a treat just to get in on the first try!!

Haven't heard it talk and still no mention on DVC when going through and DH's doesn't change color. Just green for him.
I've had such a hard time this trip with the being blue almost every time, it is a treat just to get in on the first try!!

It's not very loud. If there is a lot of noise around you will have to bend down & put your ear right next to it while you scan in order to hear it. It didn't do all this for our DS when he entered so my theory is bcuz he isn't listed on the contract he wasn't recognized as DVC.

I'm pretty sure this is what I experienced in November at Destination D. They had a "test" touchpoint there as part of demonstrating the new MagicBand 2.0. I noticed that mine was behaving differently from the other attendees (since the theme of the event was "Adventure," the touchpoint *was* supposed to make some type of jungle sound.) I took a video, which is clearly audible since it was in the quiet hallway of the convention center.

https://twitter.com/HtomSirveaux/status/800323750168240128

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this is what I experienced in November at Destination D. They had a "test" touchpoint there as part of demonstrating the new MagicBand 2.0. I noticed that mine was behaving differently from the other attendees (since the theme of the event was "Adventure," the touchpoint *was* supposed to make some type of jungle sound.) I took a video, which is clearly audible since it was in the quiet hallway of the convention center.

https://twitter.com/HtomSirveaux/status/800323750168240128
Hmmm, I don't care for that voice. I would feel it was "barking" at me?

But you could give your MB to anyone just like the old tickets. It would defeat the purpose.

ETA: when wifey and I got our first AP's, it was a drivers license type thing with a picture. It went pretty quickly.

MG

REALLY? NOW I'm interested.....

What does this mean: It means WDW has all the technology required to give AP's Photo ID. They could choose WHO gets photo ID. They COULD choose to give photo ID to Security pre-screened APs. They could BILL for this, just as TSA Pre does. Just me- I want them to do so.

REALLY? NOW I'm interested.....

What does this mean: It means WDW has all the technology required to give AP's Photo ID. They could choose WHO gets photo ID. They COULD choose to give photo ID to Security pre-screened APs. They could BILL for this, just as TSA Pre does. Just me- I want them to do so.
Disneyland has been using photo-id for APs for ages. My first DLR AP from the mid-80's had a photo id ... I still have that AP in my treasure box of Disney memories. Now, the photo is held by the Disney ticketing system but NOT printed on your card. On activating a new AP, the Disney gate attendant takes your photo. That photo saved and displayed to each gate attendant as they scan your card for park entry.

Disneyland has been using photo-id for APs for ages. My first DLR AP from the mid-80's had a photo id ... I still have that AP in my treasure box of Disney memories. Now, the photo is held by the Disney ticketing system but NOT printed on your card. On activating a new AP, the Disney gate attendant takes your photo. That photo saved and displayed to each gate attendant as they scan your card for park entry.
Ay WDW the photo was actually on your card.... very similar to a drivers license.
This was around 1995 or so...

MG

It's not very loud. If there is a lot of noise around you will have to bend down & put your ear right next to it while you scan in order to hear it. It didn't do all this for our DS when he entered so my theory is bcuz he isn't listed on the contract he wasn't recognized as DVC.

Well, DH is on all the contracts, but I guess as long as he can get in all is good.
It only started turning purple for me the last 4-5 days.

I was there the first week of January. I saw the lights change color, but I didn't hear any sound.

It was confusing the first few times because I thought there was something wrong with my pass! A CM finally explained it to me.

Thanks guys, now I know why I get the pink color. I was confused at first but I then got green and passed through. My strategy is always: move on and don't block the line, if anything is wrong the CM will block me.

When does this start? We were in the parks January 5,6,8, and 9th. Several of those entries gave us multiple colors, yet no CM said anything other than "You're all set", certainly not any DVC welcome.

When does this start? We were in the parks January 5,6,8, and 9th. Several of those entries gave us multiple colors, yet no CM said anything other than "You're all set", certainly not any DVC welcome.

As I posted when I got the lights in December the CM didn't know why. Not all CM's will say anything and or do they pay attention of what's going on. Often we know more about Disney than they do.

:earsboy: Bill

Sounds like they are testing a way to tell if you purchased resale or direct. Hope so, this will help speed up getting discounts on food and purchases.

I go the purple when I entered in January 2017. We bought all 400 of our points on resale. One CM at MK did say "welcome home". The rest just waved me in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter