DVC Help

We’re considering renting points this fall. We still don’t know for sure if we are going and what are exact dates are. Availability is limited so we aren’t able to be picky with our resort choices, but we still think it would be fun to try for the first time.
You're getting too late to get almost anything for the fall, especially for Wine & Dine weekend.

September through January 1st is the busiest season for DVC, due to lower point costs, better weather, the holidays, and what used to be lower crowds (but isn't anymore). It's getting harder and harder to get anything other than SSR and OKW in those months as a member....much less a renter.

I know this, which is why I said I was late to the game for renting points. I knew that going in. I was just providing caution to the PP who is planning for Fall.

You're getting too late to get almost anything for the fall, especially for Wine & Dine weekend.
Yes I know. I’ve already been in contact with a dvc ta and know what my options are. I have a week booked at all star sports just in case. Dh and I just can’t make a non refundable reservation until we are absolutely sure we can make it.

I know this, which is why I said I was late to the game for renting points. I knew that going in. I was just providing caution to the PP who is planning for Fall.
We just got home from a vacation at pop and had no plans of returning again this year but then the more we thought about it the more we wanted to come back lol. I knew it would be slim pickings but thought it would be fun to at least try.

We just got home from a vacation at pop and had no plans of returning again this year but then the more we thought about it the more we wanted to come back lol. I knew it would be slim pickings but thought it would be fun to at least try.

As I mentioned, seems like Saratoga Springs is a viable option. If you are flexible with your dates and room types, there are likely more options. You're not completely out of luck!

As I mentioned, seems like Saratoga Springs is a viable option. If you are flexible with your dates and room types, there are likely more options. You're not completely out of luck!
As of now we have some other options. If it comes down to just Saratoga we will stay at all star sports or movies instead. Saratoga just doesn’t appeal to dh and I.

Animal Kingdom? Sure, tons of inventory. Animal Kingdom VALUE, especially a studio? Rarely will anyone ever be able to rent one. There are a max of 18 available, and 10 of those are lockoffs...so not only are you competing with owners over those studios, you're also competing against owners looking for 2br's.

Almost without exception, the hardest studio rooms to get for renters are actually AK Value, AK Club, Boardwalk Standard, BLT Standard, and Grand Californian...all due to very small inventories of those rooms (and low point requrements on all but GC).

Time of year matters, as well. Fall of the year through New Year's are very high occupancy times for DVC, due to (1) low point requirements through most of the fall, and (2) the holidays. First week of December and the holidays especially busy.

They are not easy, we are going in August doing a split stay. 4 nights in AK value and 5 nights at Boardwalk Standard. Animal Kingdom we had to book with someone other than our usual renter. But we got it. Can't wait.

I rented points for a BCV stay from an owner. I want to add another person and I asked the owner to add them. How do I add the name in MDE to the stay?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter