DVC current membership discounts

The merchandise discount has never had a stated end date. It's listed in the new Membership Magic PDF which is valid for the entire 2017 year (albeit with discounts subject to change at any time.)

While the change was announced on October 1--WDW's 45th anniversary--it was never billed as a limited time offering. The restaurant discounts promoted to passholders are scheduled to end on 9/30/17.

:thumbsup2

I edited my post to reflect that the end date applies to the AP discounts.

thanks for the reply, but are people really counterfeiting membership cards to save 15%? Isn't that just like a senior or AAA discount?

I guess that I thought there may be better discounts. 15% on dinner isn't much of a discount when you leave more than that percentage on tips - or am I being too greedy...
For me the same goes on shopping - my wardrobe or home decor isn't mainly Disney themed

sorry for being so new!

Dom

We actually take advantage of the various discounts offered. As mentioned by others, the AP discounts are a huge savings if you spend more than 10 days in the parks annually, particularly if you can fit two years of trips on the same AP. We have already gotten 21 days on our current AP and will use 4 more for spring break.

There was a good DVC discount for La Nouba last summer, so we did that for the first time.

The usual merchandise discount of 10% is nothing to cheer about, but it helps. We spend several hundred dollars a year in the store, so it adds up. The current 20% discount is actually quite good. When shopping, we often buy a bottled water or Diet Coke in one of the shops to get the discount over the price at one of the kiosks out in the park. We always use the discount at the resort gift shops when we buy snacks, beverages and gifts.

We occasionally use the DVC dining discount, although we have the TIW card (at the DVC price), so we don't very often access the dining discount, other than at Yak and Yeti or a few other places where TIW does not work. If we did use the DVC discount more, it probably would add up to a substantial savings, as we probably spend $100-200 daily on dining when we vacation at WDW. I don't think any the restaurants or stores in the parks offer an AAA or AARP discount, as you alluded to, so the DVC discount is a nice perk.

Hello,

I've been a DVC member for several years now... essentially we just go on vacation there and I haven't used "ANY" perks if available.

A good forum may be "DVC - teach me how to save", (to collect all the dumb questions from new people)

I've been reading the forums a little today and I noticed one thread in which a member was concerned about counterfeiting membership cards.

Am I missing something?

As a DVC member do we get big discounts on anything?

The only good deal I ever found was a special on annual passes a few years ago maybe 2012 or 2013.... where I got 4 annual passes for like $1500 or something really cheap as I recall...

Please don't flame me out here... I'm new to the forums and haven't shopped around much...

Also - please fill me in on the best discounts if there are any - we may be going for Valentine's day if my reservation doesn't sell...

thanks,
Dom
Other than the pass discounts and availability (Gold passes) for those that get benefit, there's not a lot but it does add up. Dining and shopping discount. The other thing that I may have missed being mentioned besides member events and the lounge is access to member cruises. Paying for cruises with points is a poor choice most of the time and buying for that purpose is all of the time but one does have to have qualified points to even pay cash for member cruises.

I looked at the list of restaurants giving DVC discounts in 2017 and was surprised to see many that were previously there are not there for this year - Wave, Biergarten to name a few.

I looked at the list of restaurants giving DVC discounts in 2017 and was surprised to see many that were previously there are not there for this year - Wave, Biergarten to name a few.

Trail's End and Boma's are gone now too. This is a shame! My daughter and I are contemplating an annual pass because we plan to go twice this year so I guess I really need to look at the benefits for that more.

thanks for the reply, but are people really counterfeiting membership cards to save 15%? Isn't that just like a senior or AAA discount?

I guess that I thought there may be better discounts. 15% on dinner isn't much of a discount when you leave more than that percentage on tips - or am I being too greedy...
For me the same goes on shopping - my wardrobe or home decor isn't mainly Disney themed

sorry for being so new!

Dom
What does tipping have to do with the math?

You are eligible to purchase a gold annual pass, or receive a discount on a platinum.
Being a Member also makes you eligible to buy a Tables in Wonderland card, which gives you more discounts on meals.
There are also the discounts listed above.

IMO, the biggest discount is what you are paying for the room.

MG

Trail's End and Boma's are gone now too. This is a shame! My daughter and I are contemplating an annual pass because we plan to go twice this year so I guess I really need to look at the benefits for that more.

I am still seeing a discount for these restaurants of at least 10%. When you look under member benefits you have to expand the dine save and celebrate option to see the full list of restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter