DVC current membership discounts

Dom Guglielmo

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I've been a DVC member for several years now... essentially we just go on vacation there and I haven't used "ANY" perks if available.

A good forum may be "DVC - teach me how to save", (to collect all the dumb questions from new people)

I've been reading the forums a little today and I noticed one thread in which a member was concerned about counterfeiting membership cards.

Am I missing something?

As a DVC member do we get big discounts on anything?

The only good deal I ever found was a special on annual passes a few years ago maybe 2012 or 2013.... where I got 4 annual passes for like $1500 or something really cheap as I recall...

Please don't flame me out here... I'm new to the forums and haven't shopped around much...

Also - please fill me in on the best discounts if there are any - we may be going for Valentine's day if my reservation doesn't sell...

thanks,
Dom

thanks for the reply, but are people really counterfeiting membership cards to save 15%? Isn't that just like a senior or AAA discount?

I guess that I thought there may be better discounts. 15% on dinner isn't much of a discount when you leave more than that percentage on tips - or am I being too greedy...
For me the same goes on shopping - my wardrobe or home decor isn't mainly Disney themed

sorry for being so new!

Dom

The so called counterfeit cards will not work, DVC links to the data base to verify you really are a legal member with the correct ownership.

The so called counterfeit cards will not work, DVC links to the data base to verify you really are a legal member with the correct ownership.
Dining/merchandise discounts are applied manually by the CM, so those could be subject to fraud.

sorry - I wasn't concerned at all with fake cards.... just wanted to know why are they trying to fake cards to get a senior discount on stuff....

Typical, all the member partys fall on dates before or after my next travel dates

are people really counterfeiting membership cards to save 15%?
No. Someone was just pointing out the security flaws of the "digital" membership cards. It's all hypothetical. I can't imagine someone going through the trouble for a 10% merchandise discount.

you get a 10% discount on some merchandise and some food items but we find more shops don't allow it than do. It's not a discount I get excited about.

The discount on Spa treatments was good and also on hiring boats etc at BLT.

The best discount of are those on Annual Passes but not everyone always goes for long enough for one of those to make sense.

I'm confused at everyone stating we only get 10% off.... I was just there last month and got 20% off at all of the shops in the parks. Has the discount changed? Thanks! April

I'm confused at everyone stating we only get 10% off.... I was just there last month and got 20% off at all of the shops in the parks. Has the discount changed? Thanks! April
Do you have an annual pass? There's an extra discount during the 45th anniversary celebration.

I believe the discount went up to 20% due to the DVC 25th anniversary celebration.

Do you have an annual pass? There's an extra discount during the 45th anniversary celebration.
Hi! I actually do have an annual pass as well.... so was the 20% off only a temporary discount and it's ended now? ☹️ Ughhhhh I was looking forward to shopping next month. Thanks! April

Last edited:
Hi! I actually do have an annual pass as well.... so was the 20% off only a temporary discount and it's ended now? ☹️ Ughhhhh I was looking forward to shopping next month. Thanks! April

The AP food and merchandise discount runs through the end of the WDW 45th Anniversary Year, which ends 9/30/17.

Last edited:
Typical, all the member partys fall on dates before or after my next travel dates

If it's important enough to you, change your travel dates. Some of the events are still 10-11 months away. DVC will never offer events of that magnitude which are accessible to all, regardless of date & location of stay. Some give and take is necessary.

We pushed our summer trip back 3 weeks to hit one of the Typhoon Lagoon parties. No regrets.

The discount runs through the end of the WDW 45th Anniversary Year, which ends 9/30/17.

The merchandise discount has never had a stated end date. It's listed in the new Membership Magic PDF which is valid for the entire 2017 year (albeit with discounts subject to change at any time.)

While the change was announced on October 1--WDW's 45th anniversary--it was never billed as a limited time offering. The restaurant discounts promoted to passholders are scheduled to end on 9/30/17.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter