drum corps

What do you mean??? I'm wearing hot pants right now. :cheer2:

I never figured out how they actually spun flag or rifle with the whole "garb" on. I'd probably be smacking the helmet/shako off my head with my flag if I had to wear that.

Those are not gogo boots, those are majorette boots. Gogo boots are stretchy pleather and go to the knee.

And on a semi related subject, if the Big Loud Live from Pasdena going to be something that we can see live or is it just for the movie theater broadcast?
It's BIG... It's LOUD... and It's LIVE on the big screen this August as the world's most elite and exclusive marching music ensembles return to the big screen for a fourth triumphant year. A presentation of National CineMedia's FATHOM, the 2007 Drum Corps International World Championship Quarterfinals will be shown for only one-night on Thursday, Aug. 9 at 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT.

Presented live via satellite from the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena, Calif. into 116 movie theaters nationwide, this exclusive event will feature the top 17 Division I drum corps performing in their entirety with highlight clips of the first five corps that performed earlier in the day.

To see all 17 perform, that would be awesome, since so far we are only doing semis and finals.

Who gets in early Tuesday and would like to hang out in DL or at the Residence Inn pool for a while? I have a few hours between my arrival and the DS getting in in the late evening.

I'll be at Knott's probably till the kick me out on Tuesday, with a Knott's Chicken Dinner for supper! (No entrance fee required) Then off to some hotel near Knott's, and I'll be at Disneyland on Wednesday the minute they open the gates. Thursday I'll make my way to Pasadena.

Great video! I laughed out loud when the pargo drove past behind them.

Meh. They weren't as good that time. :rotfl: I did, however, enjoy the man in yellow conducting. I love watching staff members go insane while they get into their work. :woohoo: Good stuff.

Found a great clip for today's "Coffee clip" :lmao:

Bridgemen 1979. The Bridgemen were way ahead of their time! This show (without mic's to tell you what is going on!!!!) is a mini version of the civil war, complete with the then mandatory American Flag presentation! But they did so many things to piss off the "drum corps establishment" at the time (VFW, CYO, American Legion etc) they never got the credit they deserved. But you can tell by this old video the crowd always loved them! ( Now those are some go go boots on that female drum major!)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l8MtXrk8qqc&mode=related&search=

Sooooo.....the north and the south made up that congenially? They seemed so happy at the end. :cheer2:

How is this gonna work with DCI? :confused3 From the Rose Bowl website!

The following items will not be allowed into the stadium: Bottles, containers,cans, thermoses, ice chests, picnic baskets, alcohol, signs, poles, chairs, umbrellas, weapons, knives, video recorders, beach balls, footballs, soccer balls, frisbees, flags/banners with poles, large musical instruments, fireworks, palm video recorders, and drugs.

:rotfl2:

Thanks for the Crown moment. I loved that show! By the way, if you go to this clip, then find the "staff hype 2004" clip off to the side, you can see my DH being a goof ball! He's one with a mic and he's singing the really high stuff. It's fun, check it out!

:cool1: It's always fun to watch people at the end of tour! Pretty much everyone is crazy after living on a bus for the whole summer!popcorn::

The following items will not be allowed into the stadium: Bottles, containers,cans, thermoses, ice chests, picnic baskets, alcohol, signs, poles, chairs, umbrellas, weapons, knives, video recorders, beach balls, footballs, soccer balls, frisbees, flags/banners with poles, large musical instruments, fireworks, palm video recorders, and drugs.

Sure will make for a boring few nights!

Don't forget the lions, tigers and bears!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter