drum corps

Found a great clip for today's "Coffee clip" :lmao:

Bridgemen 1979. The Bridgemen were way ahead of their time! This show (without mic's to tell you what is going on!!!!) is a mini version of the civil war, complete with the then mandatory American Flag presentation! But they did so many things to piss off the "drum corps establishment" at the time (VFW, CYO, American Legion etc) they never got the credit they deserved. But you can tell by this old video the crowd always loved them! ( Now those are some go go boots on that female drum major!)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l8MtXrk8qqc&mode=related&search=

Thanks mike
you have won me over, i have a new like in my life
I've seen some high school stuff years ago but never this good.
do you know of any local comp. here in Charlotte NC

Crown always has a show in Fort Mill, but you missed it this year. All of the corps are west of the Missippi now working their way towards Pasadena.

BUT it looks like you can see the big show at the movies next Thursday at
Stonecrest At Piper Glen Stadium 22.

Here are the details...

http://www.dci.org/cinema/

PS if you do decide to go to this order your tickets early, some of the theaters sell out quick!

(You know us gays, we buy early!!!)

Thanks will look into this
Fort mill is just like 10 min from my house.

Well if your going to get into this activity your going to need (much like NASCAR) a team or "corps" to cheer for! If your going to pick because of location your corps would be Carolina Crown or just "Crown". (Check out post #168 to see your team! LOL)

Looks like your in 7th place today, but dont worry, Crown has a way of surging ahead in the last few weeks!

01 (01) - 94.30 (1) - The Cadets
02 (02) - 92.25 (3) - Blue Devils
03 (05) - 92.10 (1) - Bluecoats
04 (03) - 91.95 (5) - The Cavaliers
05 (06) - 90.90 (1) - Santa Clara Vanguard
06 (04) - 90.85 (2) - Phantom Regiment
07 (07) - 89.250 (4) - Carolina Crown
08 (08) - 88.65 (1) - Blue Knights
09 (09) - 87.00 (2) - Boston Crusaders
10 (11) - 84.50 (1) - Glassmen
11 (10) - 83.40 (2) - Colts
12 (12) - 80.85 (2) - Spirit from JSU
13 (15) - 80.45 (1) - Crossmen
14 (13) - 80.425 (4) - The Academy
15 (14) - 80.40 (2) - Blue Stars
16 (16) - 79.45 (2) - Madison Scouts
17 (18) - 78.20 (1) - Cascades
18 (20) - 77.45 (1) - Troopers
19 (17) - 76.90 (2) - Southwind
20 (19) - 76.250 (4) - Pacific Crest
21 (21) - 75.80 (1) - Mandarins
22 (22) - 71.00 (3) - Pioneer

Yea i seen that post and the vid. i was going to ask you what school they were from. but was thinking that would be a dumb Q.

GO CROWN:cheer2: LOL

Drum Corps are independent, and are not associated with schools. People actually come from all over the world to march with a corps like Crown. I'm sure they have members this year from Japan and Europe much like all of the Division 1 corps.

Hey Monorail Man, Sooze and JamieandBen are ganging up on us!

Dont forget kids.....

For Holy Name Shall Always Be!:banana:

at least i found a good team here in NC the only ones we got to pull for now is the Panthers and the Bobcats. and we all know that they could not win a game even if the refs were betting in our favor. :lmao:

Spirit from JSU used to be Spirit of Atlanta and now they are made up mostly of kids from Jackson State University in Alabama. That is about as school oriented at a corps gets.

One more week and I will be in lovely CA waiting.

Marsha,

You going to Finals? I'll be there. :cool1: Gonna try to post a video for our newest Crown fan tonight!

Well I've searched and searched, but this is the best version of this piece I could find. (It's from an early camp in 2005)

Once and a while a corps plays a ballad that just brings goose bumps and ya maybe a few tears!

(JamieandBen you are the crier right?)

Tonight is not so much a coffee clip, more a chardonnay clip!

Enjoy listening to your new team!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...=17&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

(Sooze do you have a better copy of this?)

Marsha,

You going to Finals? I'll be there. :cool1: Gonna try to post a video for our newest Crown fan tonight!

Semis and finals, in order to stay away from quarters, we are having dinner at Napa Rose!

I think the Cadets will take it all, but you never know.

Semis and finals, in order to stay away from quarters, we are having dinner at Napa Rose!

I think the Cadets will take it all, but you never know.

Still too early to predict. I hate narration, but have a feeling I'm gonna love this years Cadets. I'll be at all three shows, gonna try to meet Tyler on Thursday night after the show.

I may hit Napa Rose on Sunday night, I dont fly home till Tuesday.

We will hang in the parking lot before everything starts, just HAVE to hear the drum line warm ups. I have done NO listening to anyone this year, I want to be surprised.

Say, do you think I will be "allowed" to bring in my palm sized video camera? Still pics are nice, but I wuld like to be able to see them on TV again.

Good Luck, DCI has been pulling everything from youtube! Scrape up a little extra cash and you can buy the Mid Season DVD's in Pasadena, I think they filmed them at San Antonio.

This is my schedule

Tue - Fly in/Knotts
Wed - Disney
Thur, Fri, Sat - DCI
Sun - not sure
Mon - not sure
Tue - fly home

Good Luck, DCI has been pulling everything from youtube! Scrape up a little extra cash and you can buy the Mid Season DVD's in Pasadena, I think they filmed them at San Antonio.

This is my schedule

Tue - Fly in/Knotts
Wed - Disney
Thur, Fri, Sat - DCI
Sun - not sure
Mon - not sure
Tue - fly home

Well, I would only film it for me, no youtube for me.

My schedule:
Tuesday fly in/hang out at the pool/pick DS up at 9pm or so.
Wednesday - not sure
Thursday - DL/DCA
Friday am DL/DCA pm DCI
Saturday am pool pm DCI
Sunday fly home. Get in at MIDNIGHT.

Monday, sleep late! No work!!!!!

We may try to drive to LA to see Wicked on Wednesday night, but I am not thrilled about the driving in an unknown congested area, I live in a very small town (15K people) and DS lives in an even smaller one, so we are not into the city thing much.

Ya Wicked and Jersey Boys are both playing, and even though I lived in Boston for 10 years, downtown LA kind of scares me! :confused3

I may gather the strength and go see a matinee on Sunday!

Check out post #173 for what you can and can not bring into the Rose Bowl.

And I know DCI is very strict on filming shows. Good Luck!

OK did the Chardonnay kick in yet? If so look what I found. We have been discussing Star 93 for a few days. I love this show! As happy as I was that my team won, I really think Star should have won. The mood swings these kids had to go through in that show are awsome. In this clip watch them go from a ballad to the angriest bunch of musicians out there in less than 5 minutes!

What a show!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ToT5MJY8F5w&mode=related&search=

Well I've searched and searched, but this is the best version of this piece I could find. (It's from an early camp in 2005)

Once and a while a corps plays a ballad that just brings goose bumps and ya maybe a few tears!

(JamieandBen you are the crier right?)

Tonight is not so much a coffee clip, more a chardonnay clip!

Enjoy listening to your new team!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...=17&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

(Sooze do you have a better copy of this?)

Yes thats me i cry at the drop of a hat.
that clip was great thanks for sending it to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter