Dreams will come true! Hearts will soar! May 2016 TR *NEW 7/6 x2!*

Joining! Can't wait to see what you thought of AKL. DH and I stayed there for the first time in Jan. on our adults-only trip and fell in love :love: Also looking forward to pics of your WL room, we've never stayed there b/c DH has no interest, so I love seeing others' pictures.

Travel Days are the Best Days...right?

It's everyone's favorite - travel day! Fun to do and fun to read about...am I right? You feel me??

I enjoy them I promise!

https://flic.kr/p/Gh9tzk

I love Colin's top!​

https://flic.kr/p/H9ygrC

Whatever it is, it looks like fun!

https://flic.kr/p/GgZ8xA
https://flic.kr/p/GgZ8xA
Can't wait to hear what you thought of it given all the construction going on. I'm booked in for four nights as part of my trip but on the DVC side.

Yay for smooth travels! We are staying at a Country Inn & Suites the day before Disney, too! We are driving but, regardless, seemed like a great deal and highly rated!

Can't wait to see the room. We were booked at VWL but the construction drove us away.

Also looking forward to your AKL experience as that's on the short list for June 2017.

Last edited:
I'm totally along for the ride. Sounds like a great start to the trip!!!!

It's everyone's favorite - travel day! Fun to do and fun to read about...am I right? You feel me??

I do feel you! (Also, this was excellent gif usage. I died laughing.)

That's how I get through plane rides, too. You should try it in October, it's very soothing.

He did much better than I expected and was content to stay in his seat with his books and Kindle...as long as I kept the snacks flowing!
Funnily enough, endless snacks keeps me relatively chill in most situations, also.

YAY! I love that text! I'm so hoping I get one in October (although unlikely, givin' that I'll be checking in at like 9am....)

Yay!! Travel day(s) went smooth, which is really what you're looking for in a travel day.

Can't wait to see how the trip went! If IG was even a little close its gonna be a great TR!

I'm always thankful for a smooth travel day with no delays or crazy behavior! Definitely a good way to start the trip!

And I'm really excited for this TR! We did lots of new fun things this time around!

Joining! Can't wait to see what you thought of AKL. DH and I stayed there for the first time in Jan. on our adults-only trip and fell in love :love: Also looking forward to pics of your WL room, we've never stayed there b/c DH has no interest, so I love seeing others' pictures.

Thanks for following along!!

We really enjoyed AKL! It was always such a peaceful place to come back to after the parks. And WL was amazing too! I need a longer stay there!

I enjoy them I promise!

Then that makes 1! They are high stress days for me until we arrive at our resort. Then that stress magically melts away!

I love Colin's top!​

Thanks - he does too!

Whatever it is, it looks like fun!

The things that amuse you when you're 3 and have spent 2 hours on a plane!

Can't wait to hear what you thought of it given all the construction going on. I'm booked in for four nights as part of my trip but on the DVC side.

There were some good and bad points to our short stay, but mostly good! I think you will be pleased especially since I'm sure they will have made even more progress before October.

Yay - travel day! Well really, it's pretty exciting to know you're on your way!

Exactly! Travel days at the beginning of the trip are happy because of the destination!

Everybody's looking quite chipper for that time of the morning :) And all big boys on the plane, and a pretty good length of flight. Impressive!

They did a great job! I'm always thankful for peaceful flights - games and movies on their Kindles and as many snacks as it takes!

Ahhhhh, maybe one day! Looking forward to see what you thought of the deluxes. I really should make it a priority to spend more time at the resort.

I think we got a little spoiled with our first taste of a Deluxe. I think I'm sticking with Pop in October just to save but I have a feeling our future family trips will be all Deluxe.

Following... cute kids!! Love the "I am the boss" shirt

Thanks for joining it! And it's true - even if he's the littlest, he calls the shots!

Yay for smooth travels! We are staying at a Counrty Inn & Suites the day before Disney, too! We are driving but, regardless, seemed like a great deal and highly rated!

It was a really nice place for the night! Clean and comfortable and a good breakfast which is all you can ask for!

Can't wait to see the room. We were booked at VWL but the construction drive us away.

The room was amazing and really overall it was great with just a few sore spots.

Also looking forward to your AKL experience as that's on the short list for June 2017.

We fell in love with AKL and really DVC in general!

I'm totally along for the ride. Sounds like a great start to the trip!!!!

Thanks for following along! A happy travel day is always a good way to start a trip!

I do feel you! (Also, this was excellent gif usage. I died laughing.)

Travel days are awful until you pass under those magic gates! And I spend far too long on giphy looking at gifs...an embarrassingly long time.

That's how I get through plane rides, too. You should try it in October, it's very soothing.

Funny lady.

My plane ride in October will be spent with my headphones on and reading a book. With no one asking for a snack or telling me they have to go to the bathroom. I plan to be highly unapproachable. Bliss.

Funnily enough, endless snacks keeps me relatively chill in most situations, also.

Snacks are always the answer!

YAY! I love that text! I'm so hoping I get one in October (although unlikely, givin' that I'll be checking in at like 9am....)

It's so fun to just go straight to your room!

Oh my word! You were on our flight to Disney! I don't remember seeing you, though. Sorry! We also stayed the night before in Baltimore in a different hotel. Our hotel and airport shuttle had Southwest pilots and stewardesses. We live about 2 hours away and loved arriving in Baltimore the night before. It was more relaxed. Security lines at BWI weren't too bad.

I can't wait to hear about your trip!

Glad to see that your travel day went smoothly and that everything went off without a hitch. Wow, that is a long drive to get to a major airport. I've never been happier to live so close to ours, but I think you made a good call on staying at a hotel the night before, plus it looks like you were all ready to get the magic started after being more well rested :)

Joining in! Love your firework photo in your intro!

Seems like pretty smoothe travel day and having the park n fly option at your hotel is great

Glad going Deluxe worked out

Oh my word! You were on our flight to Disney! I don't remember seeing you, though. Sorry! We also stayed the night before in Baltimore in a different hotel. Our hotel and airport shuttle had Southwest pilots and stewardesses. We live about 2 hours away and loved arriving in Baltimore the night before. It was more relaxed. Security lines at BWI weren't too bad.

I can't wait to hear about your trip!

What?? How crazy! Hope you had a good flight! And I agree - I really like arriving the night before. We've driven to the airport the morning of our flight and it's much more hectic.

Thanks for following along!

Glad to see that your travel day went smoothly and that everything went off without a hitch. Wow, that is a long drive to get to a major airport. I've never been happier to live so close to ours, but I think you made a good call on staying at a hotel the night before, plus it looks like you were all ready to get the magic started after being more well rested :)

The trip did start out nice and fairly stress free!

And it is a pain to live so far from a major airport. We have several that are within 30 minutes-2 hours but they are crazy expensive or have really limited flight schedules.

Sounds like a great start :goodvibes

Smooth travel days are always a nice start to the trip!

Joining in! Love your firework photo in your intro!

Seems like pretty smoothe travel day and having the park n fly option at your hotel is great

Glad going Deluxe worked out

Thanks for following along!

I love that fireworks picture as well. It was only on my iPhone but I love the colors and seeing everyone watching the castle!

We had a good, fairly stress free travel day. It was especially nice not having to deal with airport parking!

A quick question....what countdown app do you use?

I use the WDW Prep School countdown app! There are stock pictures or you can dd your own!

Sounds like a great travel day. Glad things went smoothly and the boys were good on the flight.

Yay for arrival! :cool1:

I really do enjoy reading everyone's travel days, especially those travelling with kids. It's always good to get some ideas, and see what everyone else does! Sounds like you're off to a good start!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter