Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast | Celebrity Infinity Cruise - Part 1 | 01/09/17

Loved this episode, can't wait to hear about the food in Part 2!

I HATE the split bathrooms on DCL. Being a larger person, I had to shower sideways with the shower head drilled into the side of my head, and the shower curtain stapled to my back and butt for the 3 nights I was on the cruise - thank GOD it was only a 3 night. That bathroom set up made me feel MUCH bigger than I am, SO constricted, and like a bull in a china shop. Never forgot it.

Went on a Norwegian Dawn cruise a few years after that, and 1 reason a friend and I kept our mini suite after our 3rd cancelled on us, was because the mini suites had full size showers. Was SOOOO much better, and actually made me hopeful about cruising again.

I'd love in the future if you guys could ever provide details/pricing ideas/pics of "singles" cabins, which are becoming more and more popular. I know NCL does them, as does maybe 1 other line (not sure). As a sometimes solo traveler, would be nice to see options to having to pay a single supplement, and the concept and "shared common area lounges" I've seen seem pretty cool. Just a thought.

Thanx, and keep up the great work!

As a frequent Celebrity client, one thing that should be mentioned. Tracey stated she got a $300 on board credit. This $300 dollars is not going to get you as far compared to DCL (save Remy) and Royal Caribbean. Things are a lot more expensive on board. That said, if you are on a ship where people are clutching their purse strings, they start offering discounts and promotions to get you into the up charge venues and to get you gambling.

I love dressing up on cruises!
And I'm sure you look even more gorgeous than usual doing so!! :) And that' s another thing I'm just so NOT into - dressing up! Even on the Dawn (much less formal than most), my friend (and usual travel partner, if not going solo) and I ended up eating most of our meals in the buffet to avoid doing so. She likes dressing up even less than I do!

As a frequent Celebrity client, one thing that should be mentioned. Tracey stated she got a $300 on board credit. This $300 dollars is not going to get you as far compared to DCL (save Remy) and Royal Caribbean. Things are a lot more expensive on board. That said, if you are on a ship where people are clutching their purse strings, they start offering discounts and promotions to get you into the up charge venues and to get you gambling.
Curious about what things you find more expensive than other cruise lines. I do think the internet was more, I did get a discount and it was 50% off the second device, but still felt more than other cruises. I thought the specialty dining was similar to other lines (Disney excluded). The soda package was more, it was canned soda, but was more. What other things in your experience have priced higher?

Curious about what things you find more expensive than other cruise lines. I do think the internet was more, I did get a discount and it was 50% off the second device, but still felt more than other cruises. I thought the specialty dining was similar to other lines (Disney excluded). The soda package was more, it was canned soda, but was more. What other things in your experience have priced higher?

Upcharge dining on Royal and NCL tends to be in the 15 to 35 dollar range, some go up to 50. Celebrity is 50 and 60. The 3 meal dining package on Royal is 75. On Celebrity it is 110ish. Drinks tend to be between a dollar and 3 dollars more then the prices I've seen on other lines. You've already mentioned how expensive the internet was. The shops are also pushing the more high-end compared to Royal and NCL especially. The difference between prices on board Celebrity and Holland America are especially stark. I was on one of the discover Koningsdam cruises (as a 20-something) and could not believe the differences in prices. I loved that ship; the food was amazing.

Now saying that, for the vast majority of people on a Celebrity ship; they have an on board credit, one of the beverage packages and many get discounts on dining because of their status in the Captain's Club.

I too greatly enjoyed the episode and have been enjoying learning about the different cruise lines. We have never cruised but do have our first one booked, with Disney, for next Februrary

The more I see of other cruise lines makes me think we would really enjoy them - but sans kids. Like what Tracey described for this most recent cruise I think if it was just my wife and myself we would love it - but my 3 little kids, not so sure

I think DCL is just set up for families like me where things like a split bathroom make a lot sense and obviously the kids clubs and stuff

I loved this episode. We went on an 11 night cruise on the Millenium in September traveling from Tokyo to Shanghai and really enjoyed it. We were basically planning a trip to Tokyo Disney and wanted to see Japan while we were there. We found this cruise and the price was reasonable. The bonus was that it ended in Shanghai so we were able to go to Shanghai Disney as well. We had no expectations and we were pleasantly surprised. The crew could not do enough to please us. The ship was nice and clean. The internet was $199 for unlimited, one device. We received 30% off due to our Captain's Club status. Your Captain's Club status on Celebrity is equivalent to your status on Royal Caribbean. This was my second time on Celebrity, my husband's first, and we will definitely do another one. I can't wait to hear Part II.

I loved this episode. We went on an 11 night cruise on the Millenium in September traveling from Tokyo to Shanghai and really enjoyed it. We were basically planning a trip to Tokyo Disney and wanted to see Japan while we were there. We found this cruise and the price was reasonable. The bonus was that it ended in Shanghai so we were able to go to Shanghai Disney as well. We had no expectations and we were pleasantly surprised. The crew could not do enough to please us. The ship was nice and clean. The internet was $199 for unlimited, one device. We received 30% off due to our Captain's Club status. Your Captain's Club status on Celebrity is equivalent to your status on Royal Caribbean. This was my second time on Celebrity, my husband's first, and we will definitely do another one. I can't wait to hear Part II.
I have been looking at these itineraries!! Really glad to hear you enjoyed it. Of course the Disney Parks are a big draw for us too :-)

Just catching up with this podcast this afternoon & thought it was really well done. Lots of detail, pics & helpful advice. Thank you, Tracey! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to part 2. Many DIS'rs fly into Orlando to visit the parks & wondered if another cruise profile was in the works, if it could be from nearby Cape Canaveral. Adding a short cruise onto a 1 wk WDW vacation is a possible for many of us. We've had great recent coverage of the Oasis, but would love to see another different cruise eg Carnival or Norwegian. I know I have the perception (without ever experiencing it) that Carnival is more of a booze cruise and have avoided it in favour of Royal Caribbean. Curious if either Carnival or Norwegian might be on the radar for either Tracey or someone from the DIS Team. Wonderful & very helpful to see an honest, on the seas experience from Dreams or the DIS.

Nicely stated, Sam. The 1 Disney cruise I did was a 3-day on the front end of a WDW trip. I've also done 1 NCL, and liked it, would definitely travel with them again, especially because they are 1 of the few who do "studio cabins", so you don't have to pay a single supplement. I also loved the FreeStyle dining concept, which they pioneered.

Just catching up with this podcast this afternoon & thought it was really well done. Lots of detail, pics & helpful advice. Thank you, Tracey! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to part 2. Many DIS'rs fly into Orlando to visit the parks & wondered if another cruise profile was in the works, if it could be from nearby Cape Canaveral. Adding a short cruise onto a 1 wk WDW vacation is a possible for many of us. We've had great recent coverage of the Oasis, but would love to see another different cruise eg Carnival or Norwegian. I know I have the perception (without ever experiencing it) that Carnival is more of a booze cruise and have avoided it in favour of Royal Caribbean. Curious if either Carnival or Norwegian might be on the radar for either Tracey or someone from the DIS Team. Wonderful & very helpful to see an honest, on the seas experience from Dreams or the DIS.

I of course will do what John asks, but personally I have no plans for Carnival. I do plan on checking out NCL, I don't believe they have a ship doing regular Bahamas (shorter) sailings out of Port Canaveral. They have placed the Epic in PCN for some dates, but in my opinion, this ship isn't the best NCL has to offer. I would like to see what they are doing with their newer ships, probably from Miami area. RCL has changed things up on the shorter cruises out of PCN with a recently renovated ship, so it may be worth a look. I do think a short cruise option out of Port Canaveral is a good market, especially for those looking to extend a theme park vacation.

They have placed the Epic in PCN for some dates, but in my opinion, this ship isn't the best NCL has to offer. I would like to see what they are doing with their newer ships, probably from Miami area.
Absolutely agree. We don't always get the ships we want out of Canaveral. Hopefully, NCL (Norwegian) will switch this up next year & give us a better ship. Thank you for your hard work. Much appreciated. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter