Dream special rooms - now that we see the pictures! ** Index now in Post 7 **

Ha, I found the list. well it's not as long as I recall. I thought I knew this info, but I think I'm confused now. It is late. I'll give my best interpretation. Take it with a grain salt. Perhaps others could verify.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2683348&highlight=6170+6172

Non suites
Any room that sleeps 3 has couch
any room that sleeps 4 has couch and upper pull down from ceiling
any room that sleeps 5 has those two and murphy(wall pull down)

I know of no room that has a murphy that also doesn't have the ceiling upper berth if that makes sense.

thanks for that thread!

but i have read some stateroom reports of 8D's with a murphy and no upper berth bunk. so confusing!!! why would dcl put in the murphy bed with no upper berth bunk? imo the murphy bed seems like it would be in the way! plus my kids want to see the lights above the upper bunk. hoping dcl will know if i call and ask. :rotfl2:

thank you guys!
I made the switch....besides, the xtra bed is really more important than anything. thanks again for your opinions!
annabug

We are in an 8C room-Aft, but which is better, aft or forward? I saw an opening for the same class forward, deck 8, and we are in deck 7 now, been booked there for about a year now. should we change to forward, or does it matter? Where is the drink station located at? If we did change, would that ruin any potential chance for an upgrade, since we have been booked all along in one room and now we may switch to another, so we might start over on our booking time?

I personally would stay aft. I was on deck 7 aft and barely felt movement. I hear forward feels the most, but aft does too, while midship feels the least. I have to say deck 7 aft was very nice for us. And yo uare closer to the drink stations there. The drink stations are outside of cabanas, which is just a few deck above you on the aft end. Also when Cabanas has drink stations to use when it's open.

We are in an 8C room-Aft, but which is better, aft or forward? I saw an opening for the same class forward, deck 8, and we are in deck 7 now, been booked there for about a year now. should we change to forward, or does it matter? Where is the drink station located at? If we did change, would that ruin any potential chance for an upgrade, since we have been booked all along in one room and now we may switch to another, so we might start over on our booking time?

On the older ships, I was a confirmed aft lover, unless you are an adult or couple with no kids, then forward was the place to be.

We just stayed forward on the Dream (in 8006 which is about as forward as you can get), and didn't have any motion on the cruise. The Dream is an awfully big ship, and in normal sailing conditions, we didn't feel anything negative motion wise by being forward. The Dream is set up where midship is where most things are, but the midship elevators are still difficult to use during high transit periods. We found the forward elevators were more convenient, though when going to the pools on deck 11, we either had to use the midship elevators, or walk the kids through the adult area given how the elevators and decks are laid out. Still better than the aft elevators that drop you off in the middle of Cabanas!

I'm torn as to what is the best location to be, and as with everything, it depends on what your situation is and what you are interested in. Our next cruise will be in one of the aft verandah rooms, so we're going from far forward to far aft, but staying on deck 8, so I'll be able to comment more on the aft location after our Fantasy MV cruise in March.

Halls what did you think of 8006? You were there just before us and I know we both were a bit concerned. We found the stateroom to be huge and have tons of floor space. Wasn't thrilled with the port hole, but kind of knew that going in. Considering we sailed with Irene, there was a TON of motion in that room. DH was sick, sick, sick. I had to get him out of that room and to the open aft 12 deck so he could stand up.

We ended up moving to an aft verandah stateroom (5150) for the second leg of the B2B and found it much more convenient to everything. We were about 3 doors from the aft elevators, and while getting dumped into Cabanas, we didn't have to walk through the adult pool area with the kids. It was also easier to zip up to grab a drink. 5150 was a lot smaller inside, but the HUGE verandah was amazing.

Halls what did you think of 8006? You were there just before us and I know we both were a bit concerned. We found the stateroom to be huge and have tons of floor space. Wasn't thrilled with the port hole, but kind of knew that going in. Considering we sailed with Irene, there was a TON of motion in that room. DH was sick, sick, sick. I had to get him out of that room and to the open aft 12 deck so he could stand up.

We ended up moving to an aft verandah stateroom (5150) for the second leg of the B2B and found it much more convenient to everything. We were about 3 doors from the aft elevators, and while getting dumped into Cabanas, we didn't have to walk through the adult pool area with the kids. It was also easier to zip up to grab a drink. 5150 was a lot smaller inside, but the HUGE verandah was amazing.

Sorry about your DH! That's why I was careful to qualify my response to say "on a normal sailing" since we didn't have any significant seas to deal with, other than some rain. But that small porthole could make anyone sick, since you can't really look out of it to provide comfort and relief, given you have to stand up in it (which results in a cool echo when you talk!) to look out at anything but sky. But when you're sailing through major storms, I don't know that any room will give a completely smooth ride!

I don't know that we'd book 8006 again, because I really hate the window and that the kids were separated which meant we had two ipods going every night (impossible to synch them up) on opposite sides of the room. Thankfully the kids were so tired that they fell asleep quickly every night, but we couldn't really watch TV without bothering one of them. But it had a ton of room and floor space, and was the first time since we were in the Roy suite on the Magic that we weren't bumping knees or heads as we moved around the room. It's a super short walk to the forward elevators, and not a bad walk to the midship ones, but it was a hike getting to Animator's for dinner or to the adult areas for alcohol tastings or the CC reception. We actually had the same stateroom host we had on a previous cruise, so it was nice to see a familiar face. All it all, it wasn't horrible but I don't know that I'd seek it out again!

I would love to see a close up picture of the MAGIC like this I was unaware the categories had changed and booked a 6 when I got my room # it said we had a solid whit wall veranda I was devistated so I called and was changed to a category 5C room 5630 I am REALLY REALLY worried that the verandah will be one of those partially blocked. I have called twice since the change and asked if it was partially blocked and have been told NO butlooking at what I can find on the cruiseline site it sure looks like it will be.

If it is I know I will be dissapointed and that is why I have called and asked several times. Does anyone know if room 5630 is partially blocked....HELP we sail October 22

From what I can see from Pictures of the Magic, 5630 is the first room after the Cat 7A Navigators Verandahs. It has a plexiglas railing and no real obstructions. There is only the slightest amount of curvature to the wall on the right side of the veranda that other verandah's of the same class would not have but it really shouldn't cause any obstruction.

What was wrong about the porthole???

What was wrong about the porthole???

The forward facing 9A rooms on the Dream have one smaller (medium) sized porthole that slants upward to follow the slant on the front of the ship. When seated on the couch you can only are sky from the window and you have to stand up in the window well (possible is 5'3" or shorter) to look down at the water or teen area.

how are the 5c rooms? I was wondering if the lifeboats were in the way of the verandah's for the deck 7 rooms?

The forward facing 9A rooms on the Dream have one smaller (medium) sized porthole that slants upward to follow the slant on the front of the ship. When seated on the couch you can only are sky from the window and you have to stand up in the window well (possible is 5'3" or shorter) to look down at the water or teen area.

And if you're any taller than 5'3" you have to duck into the window to stand up and look out, and then 9 times out of 10 you will hit the back of your head on the way out!:rotfl: The slope of the window made DS very seasick when he would look out of it too.

We are anxiously awaiting the 2013 itineraries! While we wait I am trying to figure out which cabins to request. We would like to hang out on our balcony after the kids are asleep and we may be cruising with another family. Are the aft veranda rooms mostly handicap accessible only? Do they go quickly? Or can anyone request one? The deck plans I have seen online are hard to read and I can't tell which rooms are for 3 people vs 4. Also, were the questions about the dividers between the verandas resolved? Are they private or is it possible to open the wall between connecting rooms? Thanks in advance!

We are anxiously awaiting the 2013 itineraries! While we wait I am trying to figure out which cabins to request. We would like to hang out on our balcony after the kids are asleep and we may be cruising with another family. Are the aft veranda rooms mostly handicap accessible only? Do they go quickly? Or can anyone request one? The deck plans I have seen online are hard to read and I can't tell which rooms are for 3 people vs 4. Also, were the questions about the dividers between the verandas resolved? Are they private or is it possible to open the wall between connecting rooms? Thanks in advance!

I too am waiting for 2013 to open. I also want an aft balcony !!!! Any idea when 2013 will open ?

Thanks

Charleyann:santa:

The only aft verandas that are handicapped are the corner ones with the monster balconys, and only on certain deck. I am not sure how to tell which sleep 3 or 4. We had 7192 and it only slept 3.

We had 8504 in January on the Dream and loved it so much we booked 8006 for the Fantasy next June.

I did not mind the porthole at all and since it is just me and hubby I do not have to worry about there not being a curtain or the kids beds separated.

I loved all the extra space. Booked my son and girlfriend on the same cruise in 7504. We are traveling with large group and will be nice to have a stateroom that will fit a few extra people for gathering...

MJ

And if you're any taller than 5'3" you have to duck into the window to stand up and look out, and then 9 times out of 10 you will hit the back of your head on the way out!:rotfl: The slope of the window made DS very seasick when he would look out of it too.

I just received my cabin number 6000 (ugh) for the Dream sailing October 20th, I am so disappointed and dreading it since I got sick on my last Carnival Cruise,:sick::are people still getting upgrades that are booked in these rooms?? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter