Dr.Who had WDW ride!

idofabric

<font color=green>"How do I...?"
While watching the latest Dr.Who episode, Amy is on a planet that offered her several choices of entertainment....one was a Roller Coaster Zone, "basedon the defunk Walt Disney World Death Warp Roller coaster ride", or so I think it said. DH is not inclined to rewind to find out exactly what it said...But it sounded so cool..Wish I was in a Tardis at WDW.
Think they should paint one of the Phone Booths in England BLUE!

Haha! How awesome! I recently started watching the show, In in series 4 with David Tennant right now. I'd die if they replaced one of the phone booths in EPCOT with a TARDIS lol

Oh wow!
the episode that was shown in Australia last Saturday was about a young frightened boy who was scared of the monsters that come out of his closet! just as I was saying to DH "they stole that from Disney" Amy and Rory got into an elevator that suddenly free fell in an uncontrolled manner. "Disney again" I said. Then Amy picked up a frypan to carry as a weapon. "Tangled" I shouted by this stage. Spent the rest of the hour looking for more disney references.
:happytv:

Either sorry or happy to admit, we go back to Peter Davison. Used to go to Who conventions, saw Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy in person, own a talking Dalek, T-shirts, etc. etc. SO loving the current series, especially given the fact that they are true to the past while updating to really resonate with young people today.

Also love Torchwood, but only catching up On Demand with the new series on Starz.

If only Disney could do something with the Doctor in England. Imagine the Kim Possible mission, the merchandise, the phone booth!!!!!!

I'm a HUGE Doctor Who Fan (I own Series 5, The 2010 Christmas Special and Series Six, Part One on DVD AND have four Doctor Who posters [The Doctor and Amy in front of the Pandorica from Doctor Who Magizine and The Doctor, Amy Pond and Captain Jack Harkness from Doctor Who Insider]...yeah, I'm a nerd...bow ties are cool! :lmao: I even have a TARDIS tee shirt to wear in WDW (It's blue and his a tardis in white. I got it off Etsy). ) and I'm sorry to say I missed last night's episode :( I was out with my family celebrating my Grandfather's 80th birthday. And I'm going to miss this weeks because I'm going to the World (I leave tomorrow...it's gonna be today in 20 minutes!!! :worship: and I'm there until the 21st)....but it's worth it. I'll just catch up when I get home

I can't wait to see this one!!!

BTW - I watched Torchwood: Miracle Day and LOVED it!!!

Slightly off topic from the main subject, but my girlfriend and I have been thinking it would be amazing if the Imagineers worked on a Doctor Who/TARDIS ride. I know, I know, there is absolutely no relation between Disney and BBC, but just imagine if it could happen....

Oh wow!
the episode that was shown in Australia last Saturday was about a young frightened boy who was scared of the monsters that come out of his closet! just as I was saying to DH "they stole that from Disney" Amy and Rory got into an elevator that suddenly free fell in an uncontrolled manner. "Disney again" I said. Then Amy picked up a frypan to carry as a weapon. "Tangled" I shouted by this stage. Spent the rest of the hour looking for more disney references.
:happytv:

I had those same thoughts as I watched it later. I was surprised my Who-crazed dd didn't mention any of those instances.
We did have a thread here, a-ways back, where we did mention sneaking into Epcot one night and spray-painting a red phone booth blue. But...you didn't hear that from me!!!

DH hates it when I make him watch Dr. Who but he got all excited when he heard his favorite place mentioned. :)

didnt think of all those connections with Disney in the last episode though. They must have a writer that is a fan!!! Love it.

I just started watching Dr Who (started with the reboot) and am only on season 3. I was just telling DH the other day that they really should add a blue call box the UK pavilion. It would be an awesome touch.

I seriously thought about taking a picture with the phone booths and then photoshopping it to make it look like the TARDIS... :D

Yea, I was gonna do this for a Where is the Tardis contest, or Find the Tardis contest, what ever it was... It just ended a few months ago, and I think you had to be in the photo. Thought it would be a good excuse to go back down, hey, its only 6.25 hours to drive...:rolleyes1.But then I got to thinking how Disney doesn't like its stuff repurposed like that, and I didn't want to chance a law suit...

But it would have been great! And then they would have had an opening to the Tardis/WDW ride, and we could all time travel...OH, wait, thats why we have the COP at MK! It's really a Tardis....bigger on the inside then outside...Think they should paint the building Blue!

My girlfriend (SashaFarce who posted earlier on this thread) and I always mention how we wished that (i) one UK phone booth was blue and (ii) that UK had a Doctor Who ride. She got me into the series reboot and we are pretty obsessed. In fact, when we go to WDW for the weekend of the 23rd, we are planning to take the laptop just to download the episode and watch it either late Saturday night or Sunday night after we get back to the hotel. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter