• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Down the Rabbit Hole – a Vegan Alice and Omnivore Mad Hatter Taste Wonderland

I'm only on page 8 but I just wanted to say that I love your reviews! I'm a vegetarian so it's fun to see some vegan meals. You're a very cute couple, by the way. :)

Thanks so much!! I already miss Disney...especially all the food, so it's nice to at least be able to reminisce!

We had both wanted to try Raglan Road from the beginning, mostly for the live band that I knew would be playing during the evenings. With it being a Friday night also, how could we pass it up?!

61269299871raglan-road---downtown-disney.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

We arrived before the band had started, but asked to sit fairly close to the stage so that we would have a good view when it began. We were directly in front of the small dancing stage in the center of the restaurant, which turned out to be awesome once the entertainment began!

IMG_1963.jpg

The menu seemed really innovative for an Irish Pub, which surprised me! I started out with the Sangria, and Jeremy got a Flight of Beers that included a Blue Moon, Killians Red, Smithwicks, and Newcastle...wow! We both just sat back to relax - we didn't want to rush through the meal and miss the band completely.

The chef came out to talk to me after our waitress (also a Vegan!) let him know I would need some help. He explained that they had some good options for me, and that he would try his best to make it as flavorful as possible. I loved his Irish accent, so I probably would have agreed to just about anything he offered me!

IMG_1965.jpg

I started out with a Curried Lentil Soup. This was not on the menu, but must be always available because the waitress said she ordered it all the time herself. It was delicious!! Not too spicy but with some heat and smoke to it. I think I ate the entire cup, and probably could have had it for my main meal, as well!

IMG_1966.jpg

Jeremy started with the Heaven on Earth - Baby Back Ribs in a Guinness and honey glaze. Once again, a huge contrast in our food choices! He was excited about them though, and really enjoyed the flavor of the sauce and the consistency of the meat.

IMG_1974.jpg

The band began to play right when our entrees came out. They were really talented! Every 5 songs or so, a girl also came out and danced on the separate stage next to us. It was a traditional River Dance type of thing, but with her fishnets and short skirt, it modernized it a bit! Jeremy requested a song, which the band played right away. We were having a blast!

IMG_1969.jpg

For the entrees, I was only able to get the Veggie Plate, which is funny because on our receipt it says I ordered Meatballs! The vegetables were good, but nothing special at all. That thing on the plate that resembles a piece of meat was actually a Portobello mushroom cap. I would have at least liked to have some seasoning on them, but it seemed they had only been cooked with some oil.

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1970.jpg

Jeremy ordered the special for the night, which was Halibut. He really enjoyed it, but was already getting full from all the beer and ribs! It also came with a side salad, which I don't think he even touched. He mentioned that the sauce was very delicious and the fish was flaky and light.

IMG_1977.jpg

We both ordered another round of drinks, with Jeremy trying out the Harp and me getting my usual...a Ketel One Cosmopolitan.

IMG_1978.jpg

For dessert, I passed. I know, included in the dining plan, but I really wanted to go to Goofy's Candy company and not mess up my appetite with FRUIT! That was the only thing they could offer me, after all :goodvibes

IMG_1975.jpg

Jeremy however, ordered the Trifle Sinful...which I was so jealous of! It came out in a Mason jar, which was good enough to look at all on its own! But he let me know that it was wonderful, and consumed the whole jar. It was a homemade swiss cake roll (Strawberry flavored), with lots of custard, cream, berries, and some Grand Marnier! Now if that's not enough to tempt you, I'm not sure what is!

Our Out of Pocket Total would have been $116.07. All in all, we had a wonderful time here and will be back, not just for the entertainment but for the food, as well. I'll probably skip the Veggie plate and just order a few apps next time...if they'll let me!

We woke up and I was immediately hungry. No huge change there. After pushing Jeremy into the shower and having him get ready at lightning speed, we made it downstairs to the Garden Grove restaurant at the Swan. We were immediately seated, but since we didn't have a reservation, they were not aware of my dietary restrictions. The waitress went to get a manager, who told me he would have to see what could be done.

Ten minutes later, the manager returned and said that the only thing I would be able to eat that morning was fruit. That's it. Even the oatmeal had cream in it apparently. I was shocked at the lack of Disney hospitality of this restaurant. They were unwilling to even make something separate for me. He told me that if I wanted to eat there the following morning, I should go ahead and let them know so that they could perhaps have something besides fruit available. No Thanks!!

We put a small tip on the table for the poor waitress that wouldn't be getting our service, and we headed out the door and down the Boardwalk. Kouzzina, here we come!

IMG_1284.jpg

We were promptly seated outside on the patio, overlooking the harbor area. It was a beautiful morning and I was very excited to be here again. The waiter brought out the chef (different from my previous experience), and he let me know he could do practically anything I wanted. YAY!!! I got to work on my creativity and Jeremy perused the menu in search of his own breakfast.

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1992-1.jpg

The fantastic chef (I'm sorry I don't remember his name) was able to make Vegan Blueberry Orange Granola Pancakes for me! I was thrilled that I could have something like this. The regular ones came with either bacon or chicken sausage, but he let me have a side of the Sweet Potato Hash instead. It was a feast, and I cannot say enough good things about both these items. I'm not sure if my previous concoction of sweet potato hash pizza could beat this. I wanted to take it with me and finish it off at lunch - it was that good!

IMG_1993-1.jpg

Jeremy ordered the Spinach, Tomato, and Feta Scrambled Eggs. They looked so beautiful! It was a great presentation with the Croissant and Breakfast Potatoes. He opted to forgo the bacon or sausage. Good for him! He really loved it all, and while he didn't touch the croissant, he pretty much finished off the eggs. He said it was just the right amount of feta, and he would absolutely order this again.

We are both huge fans of Kouzzina, and will be having many more breakfasts here. The atmosphere was gorgeous outside, and the food was even better!! I have no idea why there were bad reviews to begin with. I cannot imagine that their dinner is anything but terrific, as well.

We paid Out of Pocket for this, and it came to $24.98 before tip. It was well worth it, and seemed a pretty great value.

I really wish I was able to get that veggie wrap at Beaches and Cream! Glad you got it, now I know it's good :goodvibes

That lentil soup sounds fantastic, and those pancakes look AMAZING! The sweet potato hash sounds awesome, too. I'm definitely going to be going there on our next trip.

Love your updates - Super yummy!

Oh and I went to Jiko when we were there. The vegan menu items were out of this world. Thanks for your review, it helped me decide to go for it when I was suddenly told Chef TJ was no longer at Ohana.

This is def on the top of my list for BF on our next trip! the sweet potato hash looks amazing!

It really should be! I'll be heading there for breakfast on my next trip...and maybe dinner, also!

Love your updates - Super yummy!

Oh and I went to Jiko when we were there. The vegan menu items were out of this world. Thanks for your review, it helped me decide to go for it when I was suddenly told Chef TJ was no longer at Ohana.

Oh, I'm really glad I helped you decide! I'm still pretty bummed about Chef TJ, and even though it won't stop me from heading to Ohana again, it absolutely means not going more than once! I'm pretty excited to see what he can change up at 1900 Park Fare though...no more fake egg surprise!!

I'm going to Ohana sans Chef TJ but I am going to try my luck at Grand Floridian Cafe too. I got an ADR there for a Sunday lunchtime but who knows his schedule at this point. I'll have reviews to share either way!!

I'm going to Ohana sans Chef TJ but I am going to try my luck at Grand Floridian Cafe too. I got an ADR there for a Sunday lunchtime but who knows his schedule at this point. I'll have reviews to share either way!!

I've read so many different places that Chef TJ is now working! Is it Grand Floridian Cafe or 1900 Park Fare? I was hoping that he might bring 1900 back to the top of my breakfast list, but I would also welcome the chance to try the Cafe for the first time!

I've read so many different places that Chef TJ is now working! Is it Grand Floridian Cafe or 1900 Park Fare? I was hoping that he might bring 1900 back to the top of my breakfast list, but I would also welcome the chance to try the Cafe for the first time!

I heard it was both, but who knows! I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Either way, I know i'm still going to stuff myself full of food! :rotfl:

I heard it was both, but who knows! I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Either way, I know i'm still going to stuff myself full of food! :rotfl:

Well I'm very excited to read all of your reviews - you guys are going to have a blast!!

I have been MIA on the boards for a loooong time because I was just too sad about not having a trip planned to be on here. Now I am *possibly* going in November so I am loving these reviews! I have been a vegetarian since I was 10, but just recently became vegan. Your reviews are so helpful - thanks for posting!

I have been MIA on the boards for a loooong time because I was just too sad about not having a trip planned to be on here. Now I am *possibly* going in November so I am loving these reviews! I have been a vegetarian since I was 10, but just recently became vegan. Your reviews are so helpful - thanks for posting!

You're very welcome! I really hope you get to go in November...I'm hoping for a little birthday trip that month, as well!

I love to see people with food restrictions still enjoy eating and taking full enjoyment in their meals! You are really inspiring!

Loving your TR! I would love to stay at the Boardwalk/Beach Club resorts. They look really nice, and they are close to our favorite parks, Epcot and DHS!!

I love to see people with food restrictions still enjoy eating and taking full enjoyment in their meals! You are really inspiring!

Loving your TR! I would love to stay at the Boardwalk/Beach Club resorts. They look really nice, and they are close to our favorite parks, Epcot and DHS!!

Boardwalk is fantastic! The villas are actually a little bit cheaper for us, and we are able to get a studio room for a decent price, even during the high season. We're going again at the end of May and I cannot wait! And like I said, I'll be practicing my photography until then, so hopefully my foodie pictures will turn out better than last time around!

Hello from england! have just spent the last hour reading all of your reviews. sounded like you both had a fantastic time. thanks for sharing!!

Hello from england! have just spent the last hour reading all of your reviews. sounded like you both had a fantastic time. thanks for sharing!!

Well I hope it was helpful! I can't wait to go back. I'm definitely counting down the days! By the way, we almost always go to Europe each year for a vacation, and one of our stops every time is England! Oxford is one of our favorite places; but it's just gorgeous throughout the entire UK!

Your reviews are fantastic! I'm taking my boyfriend of 5 years to the world for his first time in 27 days and I'm so excited! :woohoo: I started reading because I saw we had a lot of similar ADR's...who knew I would get such detailed reviews! I especially loved the tid-bit about drinking around the world...we're doing that the first night we arrive! And FINALLY a review for Tokyo Dining! :worship: I've looked everywhere on these boards and haven't been able to find a review of their sushi anywhere! We have that booked for our first night as well, so hopefully we wont be disappointed! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter