Doubletree Suites DTD review - very long

We just stayed there with the mouse savers deal, which included continental breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children. Again there was nothing on our reservation, but wew were given vouchers for this on our arrival at the hotel. We loved our stay here.

How far of a walk is it from the hotel to DTD? I mean this in terms of time and not actual distance (i.e. miles).

I'm not renting a car so I'm also wondering if there are any grocery stores within walking distance. I'm in pretty good shape so I don't mind walking.

I just got back from WDW with 3 nights at the Doubletree and 8 nights at the Contemporary.

Here is my take:

The Double tree is great. Price is excellent, plus lots of room. I think 2 adults can sleep on the sofabed. Having the little kitchen was great. We bought food stuff from COSTO and heated up. Very nice pool w/ towels. Hotel staff excellent. I did not try the resturant. We stay here as we like to shop in Downtown visit Orlando attractions/shopping, go to Cocoa beach and the Water parks. I don't want to spend Disney Resort prices to do these things.

The Contemporary is great also. I just plain like it there. I like walking to the MK. I like the EMH. Love watching fireworks from the CR. We were on the dining plan so eating in the room was not an issue. Compared to the Doubletree though the drawer and closet space is lacking, but we managed. (family of 4) I like the pool being near the lake, the slide is a plus. So when I stay here and pay $$$$ compared to the Doubletree I use it as more of a resort to relax.

Hope this sums it up the off-site vs on-site reasons. Both options are good and sometimes if you can do both you get the best of both worlds.

I just booked our first family vacation to DW, staying at the Doubletree in downtown Disney. TY for all the reviews but wondering now, I was told the shuttle takes you directly to the gates of MK, etc? Is that true?
TYIA!!

The bus drops you off at the Ticket and Transportation area then you need to take either the Monorail or the Ferry to the gates of MK. It never bothered us. All other nonDisney hotel buses stop over there. It's still better than driving. We took our car once to MK and I vowed I would never do that again. The tram, the line to get out, just finding the car was headache enough!

Has anyone gotten this deal on priceline? If so, what rate did you get, and what specifics did you load in to get it? Thanks

Great review - we don't drive when we go so the info on the buses was great :goodvibes. Look forward to reading your update when you are there later this month.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter