"Double Dip Delight" 09.27.2008 - Take 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckeye Gal

Beach Girl Deep in the Land
This is the link to Chapter 1.
This is the link to Chapter 2.
Here's the link to Chapter 4, which is the the continuation of this thread.

Hello, fellow cruisers! You have arrived! You have found the "GO-TO" place with many resources you'll want to be familar with to stay in the loop and join in on the fun! Check back here on Page 1 from time-to-time as I'll keep updating Post 6 with new things and current stats.

I have volunteered to be the Cast Roll Call owner and the go-to person to for updates and additions to our cruisers list. Here's some good info on that as well as other items that will be of interest to many joining us on our Disney Double Dip Delight Cruise!

* Cast Roll Call List Submission *

At this time, I've included the following data fields in our cruise database, which will have some content uploaded to our own website:

DIS Name:
Fellow Passengers/Cabin Mates & ages of kids:
Celebrations:
Dining Seating (Main or Late):
Stateroom:
Home Country/State/City:
Going to WDW prior to the Cruise?:
Friday Night Pre-Cruise Hotel Choice:
Doing a Back-to-Back cruise from 9/24-27?:
Doing a Back-to-Back cruise from 10/4-11?:

If you desire, please send any of the info above to DoubleDip09-2008@hotmail.com. Obviously no one would be obligated to provide all or any of this info, but if you already had it out there on our first thread, I've added it to the spreadsheet. If you have not yet posted any of this info about yourself and would like to do so, feel free to PM me with the scoop or see my signature block for the email addy to submit your info. I do want to make it clear that if you email me at the Hotmail account, your personal email addy will be kept private. It will not be posted to the website! As newbies join us, I'll get them added to the Cast Roll Call List and welcome them to our cruise so they know I captured what they submitted!

comp25.gif
Our Own DDD Website!

Brandie's (Fizzgig) DH, Jeremy, has graciously volunteered to create our own DIS Double Dip website!! Jeremy, Brandie, and I will work together to periodically get the updates onto the site. This website contains some chat threads related to specific topics, a group and personal calendar, and so much more! You can also include pictures of yourself or your family in your profile (as the avatar) so we know who to run to in the Disney Cruise Terminal! So please sign up to get access to the site, and check it out!!

To establish an account on the website http://www.disdoubledip.com, at the home page you will see a portlet to allow you to log in. Just below the empty fields, there is a link where it says "Don't have an account yet? Sign up as a New User". Click on "New User", fill out the required fields, and it will send an email to the site administrator and automatically email you back. Go into the email that you received (you may need to check your Junk/Spam Folder for it), and select the link within the message to activate your account. Our webmasters will keep an eye on who's requesting an account as well.

princess: Kids' Meet Forum

Also on our DIS Double Dip website is a Kids' Meets Forum. It's a great way for the children to interact and make friends before meeting them in the cruise terminal or in the clubs!

As a precaution, the Kids' Area on DISDoubleDip.com has controlled access. In order to gain access to it, you must contact Brandie (Fizzgig) with the parents' username and the kiddo's username on the DISDoubleDip website. She and her DH will then get you and your child/children access to the Kids' Meet Thread.

Note that if you only have a single household email account, then that's the only username to get added to the Kids' Area Forum. So in that case, there will be no distinction between a kiddo's account and a parents' account for that family.

Rest assured that this forum will be watched *closely* for any inappropriate content. Either the parents or our webmasters (Jeremy and Brandie) will handle the inappropriate content. The "officer" of course will depend on what the situation entails.

:teacher: INTERESTING STATS AS OF 08.30.08:

151 Cabins accounted for (DISers, family, extended family, and friends)
450 Total People
165 Kids under age 18 (broken out of the total)
4 Sets of Twins (DD4, DD10, DD12, and DD14)
55 Cabins without children/96 Cabins with children
25 Adults with parents and/or grandparents traveling with them
5 Countries represented (Canada, Germany, New Zealand, United Kingdom, USA)
31 States in the US represented
3 Back-to-back cruising families (9/24-27)
2 Back-to-back cruising families (10/4-11)
1 Honeymoon
19 Anniversary Celebrations
23 Birthday Celebrations
2 Very Merry Unbirthdays
1 Master's Degree
1 Iraq Tour Completion
1 R&R from Iraq Tour
19 Cabins participating in Secret Mickey Gift Exchange
50 Cabins participating in Fish Extender Fun

For an count of kids by age and gender, go to "this" post to see the current numbers.

:artist: The DIS Double Dip Family Photo Album

If you would like to post a picture of you and/or your family so we can spot you at the port terminal or perhaps even at your Friday night hotel, there's a thread on our website to do so.
Just follow this link: DDD Family Photo Album

Cruise Logo

Here is our updated logo for your use!

DoubleDipLogoMedium-1.jpg
NewDoubleDipLogoAvatar.jpg

Feel free to use them for your siggy, door magnets, or any other grand idea you have!

Logo Merchandise

Cafe Press has many excellent goods that you can order on-line with our cruise logo. This includes postcards, t-shirts, mugs, messenger bags, thongs, hats, and so much more! Step-by-step directions are found in Post 2200 in our first thread.
icescream.gif
Double Dip Delight Customized Lanyards

On the day of our cruise departure, many of you will receive your own Double Dip Delight customized lanyard and personalized name badge!

Thanks to our lanyard leaders, Erik (tig82174) and Hadley (NHDisneylover), their solicitations led nearly 300 of us to want to proudly wear our logo-inspired lanyard. So if you signed up for lanyards by the April 1 cut-off deadline, you can expect to get yours on embarkation day, September 27!

A big "Thank You" goes out to our lanyard team sponsors who have made it possible for us to receive our keepsakes for free. The following are the DISers who have funded this memento:

• anewmac
  • AQW
  • Buckeye Gal
  • deb123453
  • FinallyBoughtDVC
  • Hoagie Pie
  • ilovemangoes
  • KB111570
  • LuvtheEars
  • MagicMe
  • NHDisneylover
  • pit303
  • rkandmjsmommy
  • Scoobypop
  • Scoutsmom99
  • Silversea
  • Tigger82174
  • VIKKIGZ
  • zweihund
If you are signed up to receive lanyards, be aware that these come with a simple plastic badge-holder sleeve that will hold the nametag and your KTTWC. If you like the large pouches like you see on some lanyards that holds things like a wad of cash or a folded up Navigator, you'll need to bring/buy this yourself.

Finally, "THANK YOU", Erik and Hadley (and their families), for all the time you've put into this special keepsake! They've already designed the lanyards, placed the order, and designed the nametags. In the coming months, they will continue their efforts by producing the removable name badges for us, stuffing them in the plastic sleeve, and organizing them by family(s)/friend traveling together.

So check back here as the cruise gets closer for details on how and where to pick up your personalized lanyards and badges on embarkation day!!

19.gif
'80s Party Night!

Well Disney can take away the 80's Party night, but they can't take the '80s groove out of the Double Dippers!

Get stoked! All you mall chicks, pull out your leg warmers, stirrup pants, shoulder pads, and big sweater. Then, dress yourself up with jelly bracelets, a banana clip, and 4" hoop earrings. For all the studs out there, find that back pocket comb, Ocean Pacific T-shirt, shades, and parachute pants. It's time to get ready to break dance!

On "One Hit Wonder" night, we Double Dip Delighters will be turning the Rockin' Bar D into an '80s club. Now don't have a cow if you forget to pack your Members Only jacket, Izod, or Jordache threads. Just join us at the Rockin' Bar D and party hardy! It's going to be a totally tubular event! Read what everyone is saying about it in the "Get-togethers on the Boat" Forum.

10.gif
Group Palo Brunch

Many were interested in joining some of our DIS friends for brunch at Palo, so Julie ("skoi") graciously volunteered to request the big room in Palo for Monday, our first day at sea.

On August 26, Julie received confirmation that the people in our group who signed up with her early this year got the room!!! She has already contacted everyone who will be participating to tell them the great news!

RESERVATIONS ARE AT 10:30 AM ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29!​
sport-smiley-015.gif
Excursions

Several of us have mentioned that we've taken some excursions off on our own that were not sponsored by DCL. Be sure to check out our website for some of those suggestions as well as posts on this thread.

Castaway Cay (Sunday 8:30 am - 2:30 pm & Friday 9:30 am - 5:00 pm)
The DCL site has all the excursions for Castaway Cay listed on their website.

It has been validated by those who could book at T-105 that the traditional offer by DCL for a second day discount of 75% for the Double Dippers on equipment rental included in the Castaway Cay Getaway Package will be available to us as well. This discount only gets applied if you sign up for the package prior to sailing. So be on the lookout for our cruise to be included in the discount opportunity.

Grand Cayman (Tuesday, 7:45 am - 4:30 pm)

UPDATED on 06.11.2008: It's official that we are NOT going to Costa Maya.

Excurisions offered by DCL for Grand Cayman are found at their website. As you plan your day, keep in mind that you have to tender to the island. This process takes from 15 - 30 minutes, depending on time of day and demand. At the drop-off point, there is a shopping market to walk around.

Cozumel (Wednesday, 8:00 am - 6:30 pm)
Excurisions offered by DCL for Cozumel are found at their website.

:fish: Fish Extender/Secret Mickey Fun

Sign-Up Cutoff Dates
Fish Extenders: Cut off date was July 14th.
Secret Mickey: Cut off date was June 30th.

For the final list of participants, visit this post on our website and the detailed FE list Drea posted. You can also keep up with chit chat on our FE Forum within our website.

think.gif
Question of the Week

Get to know your fellow DDD cast members a little more by reading the "Question of the Week" and see their enlightening and/or interesting responses! The links take you to the first page where the question was posted so you can follow the replies page-by-page. Enjoy!

PENGUIN%20IN%20TOP%20HAT.gif
Dining Rotations: Dress Attire and Restaurants

Thank you Jen (nenner1) for sharing your organizational spreadsheet with us!

CruiseScheduleAgenda-1.jpg

1.gif
Trip Reports

Check out pre-trip and post-trip reports from our fellow cruisers! You never know what you can learn about someone!! ;)

digging.gif
Geocaching

For those of you who just want to get the most out of your GPS, Erica (zweihund) did some homework to find some hidden treasures at Castaway Cay and Cozumel!

treasuremap.gif
The "Treasure Map"

Are you wondering if you have DISer neighbors near your stateroom? Well, Stella (FinallyBoughtDVC) has kindly volunteered to put together deck plans showing where DISers are located, deck by deck!

If you would like to have your cabin noted on the "Treasure Map", please PM Stella with the following information:

• Stateroom Number
  • DIS Name
  • Names of those in the cabin (if desired)
  • Ages (if desired)
  • E-mail address to which the map can be emailed
She will continue to compile the list until late August so it is as updated as possible. Then she'll email the list out to those who have opted to be listed on the Treasure Map.

conga.gif
DIS Meets

On embarkation day, we certainly want an opportunity to meet everyone live and in the flesh! So, we'll be meeting in the Promenade Lounge on Deck 4 starting at 3:00 pm on Saturday and will continue until we are summonsed to begin the Muster Drill at approximately 4:00.

Once the Muster Drill is over (approx 4:30), you have just enough time to return to your cabin to drop off your life vests so you can get you and your friends/family positioned in your desired location for the Sail Away Party, which begins around 5:00.

(See final voting results here.)

gif-Smiley-button-2.gif
DIS Family Photo & Shutters Pricing

Denise (rkandmjsmommy) and Crissi (crissichef) will be making arrangements with Shutters once we board to get scheduled for a DIS Family Photo!! We really hope that you and your family will take the time out to come!!!! They will be shooting for Thursday morning between 9:30 and 10:00, however, you should check a DIS Message Board found throughout the ship for the confirmed date, time, and location.

It would be wonderful if everyone who has purchased or made a DDD logo t-shirt would wear it in the picture. By no means is it a requirment, but it surely will make us look even more like a family! :-)

Prices are dated May 2008

6" X 8" $9.95
8"X 10" $19.95

6"X 8" Packages:
  • 10 for $84.95 (save $15)
  • 15 for $119.95 (save $30)
  • 20 for $149.95 (save $50)
  • 30 for $219.95 (save $80)

8" X 10" Packages:
  • 5 for $84.95 (save $15)
  • 10 for $149.95 (save $50)
  • 15 for $219.95 (save $80)
  • 20 for $289.95 (save $110)

Combo Packages:
  • [*]A: for $169.95 (save $40), any 5 6"x8"AND any 8 8"x10"
    [*]B:for $239.95 (save $79), any 8 6"x8"AND any 12 8"x10"
    [*]C:for $299.95 (save $119), any 12 6"x8"AND any 15 8"x10"​
Here's where you need to go for the Copyright Release Form.

Also note that you're best to purchase a package, which you can upgrade to another package later in the week if needed. If you buy photos as an individual purchase, you cannot convert those purchases to a package later.

snail_mail.gif
Shipping a Package to the Magic

Our dear DIS friend, Shirley, has posted info on ALL the specifics around shipping a box (note that is singular...one box) per cabin to the ship.

I'll note the address here, but PLEASE make sure you check back to her post, which I've included a link for above and below, to ensure you adhere to all the lastest regulations. This includes the size and weight of the box, packing list, and more. Remember...you need more info on shipping a package than just the shipping address!!!

Address your package(s) to:

IDS
c/o Magic/Ground Services
<Guest Name / Stateroom #> (GTY, if you don't know what it is when you send the package)
9001 Marlin Street
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

In the bottom left corner of the top of the package put the following information:ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING. Also note the Sailing Date, 9/27/2008, on the box.

Again, DON'T overlook reading Shirley's post. You don't want to risk the package not being in your cabin when you arrive!!! To quickly find this particular section about shipping in her post, once her post is showing on your monitor, press "Ctrl+F" and search for "WHERE I CAN SHIP BOXES". That will immediately take you to where you want to go!

knock.gif
Sources for Door Magnet Graphics

There are so many wonderful, creative people on the DISboards who are also very generous in sharing their talents. Post 1397 has a list of various websites and threads that you can go to for ideas.

motorola_9500xlr_gmrs_frs_2_way_radio_reviews_324697_50.jpg
Two-Way Radio Communications

Our buddy, FatCat Chris, has officially designated "9-27" as the DIS public channel! I can hear the callings to Diversions now!!

message_board.gif
DDD Deck-by-Deck Message Centers

Thank you Erik (tig82174) for coordinating the locations for our Message Centers, and thank you everyone listed below who has volunteered to update the message boards!

Sooooo, everyone, make sure you stop by one of these cabins to get any messages that need to be conveyed to the group, like the Double Dip Delight photo op!

• 1071 (anewmac)
  • 2076 (cyndifan)
  • 2604 (videoman)
  • 5013 (NHDisneylover)
  • 5524 (LuvtheEars)
  • 6048 (rkandmjsmommy)
  • 6628 (tig82174)
  • 7125 (Gramto3)
  • 7598 (scoutsmom99)
  • 8068 (pfishgirl)
  • 8576 (Magic3forme)
Walk or Run?

Need to burn some dessert calories? Do it with friends!!

There are several people who are interested in getting together in the mornings to walk or run as a group on Deck 4 or 10. You ARE on vacation, so there's no commitment or pressure to show up every day, yet more than likely, you can have a walking or runninig buddy and have an opportunity to spend time with your new friends if you do come.

Unofficial start time of the walkers is 7:45 am, but of course you can show up anytime you pull yourself out of bed and grab your coffee! The unofficial start time for the runners will be decided by the group soon, so check back. Feel free to chat about it on the DISDoubleDip.

Are you ready to start the party?!
uowpartyrh7.gif

Hey Kimberly--thanks for starting Take 3. So now the NEW refrain is "See post #1":cool1:

Brandie--Oh my it was as crazy as the CB today:eek: I just found the locked thread:sad2:

DW's delicious Pineapple Upsidedown cake. Hmmm, you know some rum would be good in that...:)
LOL you can tell I'm a rum cake virgin! It looks delish!

Oh my goodness I can't believe we are on part 3 already!! Let the good times roll:cool1: :thumbsup2

hey just posting on this newest version so that once it has to officially kick in I'll get update emails about new posts! :)

Just joining the new thread as well - I wonder what the record for posts for a cruise are - maybe we will set a new one :surfweb:

My pleasure. Brandie, thanks for getting all the links changed, including our website! I also got my siggy modified.

BTW, Erik's post made me think that some may not be aware that you don't have to post to a thread to subscribe to it. It's one of those "hidden" features. ;) If you go up the the options just below the page numbers in the upper right hand corner, you'll see "Thread Tools". Select "Thread Tools" then "Subscibe to this Thread".

No doubt we'll all be posting here anyways to get subscribed, but it's a nice tip for those threads on the main board that you want to watch but do not want to post on. :)

TTFN!

This is so exciting! We're like the popular kids or something...we need so much room to talk!

I'm off to the DCL boards to witness the aftermath of Epp's troublemaking :rotfl:

Been a little busy since grandchildren are out of school. We spend as much time with them as we can. Can't get enought of them. We went to see the new movie Wall-e, it was the best. We took them to a drive in and sat out in front of the car. It was the best, my grandson said and it was a great night. The thearter was packed and the kids got a wall-e wrist watch.

We will be in WDW on the 23rd and staying at Shades of Green. After the cruise we will be back at Shades of green with our other grandchildren from Vergina. Can't wait to see them. Plan to take Tiffany towncar to port. Have used them for years. Very good service.

Now I have to catch up on all the news. :surfweb: :surfweb: :surfweb:

Howdy all... wow chapter 3 I LOVE IT :)

Have to share my great news... ok not great mundan but all be it.. my news LOL

Not sure if yall remember but Airtran changed my flight same day diff hours. Well the flight to Orlando isnt bad just about 30mins more layover.. enough to get the kids something to eat. We get in now at 515 instead of 430pm

Our return was leaving at 8am, then got switched to 730am. Way to early especially after doing the parks. SO I called and got it switched to the 9am flight we get in at 1245... which cuts our connecting SHORT... and its Atlanta so hopefuly its not FAR away but we dont have to get up so early LOL... so we have to run.. again for a connecting ... wont be the 1st time its like our family motto when we travel :rotfl2:

as for the QotW favorite songs:
Me- So this is love from Cinderella (but and Cinderella song will do)
E- all the Elvis songs from Lilo and Stich LOL
P- YOu got a friend in me- he picks now but says its another one but cant remember the name LOL
J- Life is a highway (Cars)

This is so exciting! We're like the popular kids or something...we need so much room to talk!

Yeah - the other cruise thread for my 4 night is dead - no one posts for a few days so kind of sad - hopefully it will pick up as it gets closer for that one as my sis is going with me and its her first cruise and I keep telling her how fun our board is :cutie:

Just checking in:surfweb:

I've spent the last two days trying to get our cancelled flights worked out.....it's driving me nuts:sad2:

I am beginning to wonder is trying to get to Orlando in time for the MNSSHP on Friday evening is worth it! Please tell me it is!!

MNsshp is sooo worth it. :) The fireworks are the best. :) the parade is awesome too. We went in last year at 4 and stayed until midnight. The kids didnt want to leave either.

you get a free stroller rental if you are interested. We took one and ds ended up falling asleep during the fireworks. :confused3

We just had to change our flights, we were not getting in Friday until 3:30. So now we are flying in Thursday night.

Thanks for the thread Kimberly. :)

The Treasure Mappirate:

Hi All - All of this info is in Post #1 on this thread - but I thought I'd post a reminder here since some of you may not go back and read it.

I am designing a deck by deck map of where all of us are located on the ship. If you would like to be included, please PM me with the following information:

Dis Name
Stateroom Number (if you haven't been assigned, just write 0000)
Who is in the cabin and their ages
Email address to which I can send the map

This map will only be emailed out to those who choose to participate. The map will make it easy to do the F/E for those participating - it's also fun to see who is located near you on the ship. Thanks!!

Thanks for starting the new thread Kimberly! Good thinking ahed of time...that sure is a lot of info to transfer :)

I am anwering Heather's worm question from "Take 2";) If talk of worms makes you squeamish you may want to wait until after breakfast to read this (really it's not bad though;) )
I got our worms from the local CSA. It is a food "co-op" of sorts. We pay a set amount in the spring (works out to about $25 per week) and then every Wednesday from late June through October we go to the pick up and get a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables which are all locally grown and all organic. What we get varies with the season (sometimes it is stuff I would have never thought to buy--but we get to try new things that way). http://www.localharvest.org/
Anyway, they have some extra things for sale most weeks and one lady takes orders for composting worms. She also sells her worms at Farmer's Markets. I know lots of people who have picked up their worms at a Farmer's market so they may be a good route for you:thumbsup2 We do have worms on our property, but I do not trust myself to find the right ones for composting (now when we go fishing the kids can dig their own night crawlers--which do not work for compost by the way!).

I am anwering Heather's worm question from "Take 2";) If talk of worms makes you squeamish you may want to wait until after breakfast to read this (really it's not bad though;) )
I got our worms from the local CSA. It is a food "co-op" of sorts. We pay a set amount in the spring (works out to about $25 per week) and then every Wednesday from late June through October we go to the pick up and get a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables which are all locally grown and all organic. What we get varies with the season (sometimes it is stuff I would have never thought to buy--but we get to try new things that way). http://www.localharvest.org/
Anyway, they have some extra things for sale most weeks and one lady takes orders for composting worms. She also sells her worms at Farmer's Markets. I know lots of people who have picked up their worms at a Farmer's market so they may be a good route for you:thumbsup2 We do have worms on our property, but I do not trust myself to find the right ones for composting (now when we go fishing the kids can dig their own night crawlers--which do not work for compost by the way!).

Thanks for the suggestion on checking out the farmer's market. I had planned to order them on the internet, but I'm all for supporting local farmers before ordering them from the internet!

I actually have two sets of plans for worm bins. Trying to decide which would be easier for a group of 9 five year olds to make (everyone with their own!).

Every time I throw veggie/fruit scraps or the coffee grounds/filter away, I think of all the worm food I'm tossing out!

So was this a project you did with the kids, or a project of your own? Jeff laughs at me sometimes when I say it's a "homeschool project" but it's something I'm totally having fun with & Reese could care less. At least with the worm bin, it's an ongoing thing so Reese can participate.

When I taught 1st grade, I had a pet rat in the classroom. She lived for 3 years and was the most amazing rodent pet I've ever owned...never bit anyone, never pottied anywhere except her cage, we'd have her out most of the day to roam. Luckily my principal was a good sport (even though she coudn't stand the thought of a rat) and allowed Princess to stay in the classroom for 3 years! Anyway--my point--was that Princess was my fruit/veggie scrap eater and I still think of her when I toss carrot tops & strawberry hulls.

Wonder if I could pull of another rat as a homeschool project too? Jeff says no way! No rats in the house. Oh, she was smart and gentle....not like the biting mice & hamsters I've had in the past.

Sorry for hijacking our thread with rat talk...resume the daily programing...:hippie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter