Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
ry%3D400

ry%3D480

ry%3D400

Great placement of Tink and the Disney World/ Disneyland banner but I'd really prefer a nice visible Mickey and Castle. :thumbsup2

This bag is going back either way, but I'm keeping it for now to make sure I prefer the Lucy over this one.

Nikki congrats on getting the Lucy Sketch purse. Please post pics when you get it:cutie: Wonder if this is the new pattern the CM at Tren-D mentioned:confused3 I hope it is a new pattern, and not just a new style being added. I do hope they do the 40th Anniversary edition:wizard:

Good point. As much as I like the Lucy bag, I think it would be a bit disappointing if that was the new release the CM was talking about. Hopefully there will be other surprises in store as well.

Oh no...that is soooo dangerous. I finally got my DCL Dooney last weekend (2-night trip on the Wonder) and thought that would be one thing that I wouldn't need to buy when we go on the Dream in April. But if there is a Dream specific one, I won't be able to resist :worship:

I'm jealous that you'll be cruising on the Dream so soon! We decided to wait for the longer cruises on the Fantasy before going back to Florida again, but I'm rethinking that decision now.

I thought the cruise to nowhere was waay too short, but still fun for what it was. Which bag did you choose, and did you find one with great placement? That was more challenging with the cruise bags than I expected.

:cool1:

So excited! This will be my very first Dooney bag and I can already tell I'm going to be addicted! Which is so funny, because 2 trips ago, I saw these bags in the parks and totally scoffed at them!! "Who would pay all that money?!" Little did I know, I would become so obsessed! I think it was the thrill of the chase but now I'm anxious to see if there will be a WDW 40th too!!

BTW, my mom did order me the medium tote before the Lucy bag fiasco, which she is planning to return once I get the Lucy. (Need to compare, first!) Anyway, we looked at it, and the placement is not great at all! Both Mickeys are covered by the label or bottom of the arm strap. It did have the heart medallion but there was a dirty spot on it, which I wasn't too thrilled about either. I did take some pics. Let me upload them....

Amazing what a difference placement makes isn't it? I've seen some bags I loved, and others I didn't like at all (and they were the exact same style). It was all about how the design fell.

It's great that you'll have 2 Lucy bags to choose from. Here's hoping at least 1 of them will be perfect. pixiedust:

Good point. As much as I like the Lucy bag, I think it would be a bit disappointing if that was the new release the CM was talking about. Hopefully there will be other surprises in store as well.

I'm jealous that you'll be cruising on the Dream so soon! We decided to wait for the longer cruises on the Fantasy before going back to Florida again, but I'm rethinking that decision now.

I thought the cruise to nowhere was waay too short, but still fun for what it was. Which bag did you choose, and did you find one with great placement? That was more challenging with the cruise bags than I expected.

Amazing what a difference placement makes isn't it? I've seen some bags I loved, and others I didn't like at all (and they were the exact same style). It was all about how the design fell.It's great that you'll have 2 Lucy bags to choose from. Here's hoping at least 1 of them will be perfect. pixiedust:

Sheila, when I was in disney this past xmas trip, I went to WOD to see the disney dooneys. While standing near the registers, where they keep the bags I was trying to find a purple sketch with both Tink and Mickey on the front. I didn't want to take up too much time at the register since there was a big line to pay. Well the lady next to me was buying a white sketch purse and did not even glance at the placement when the cashier gave it to her. Now I had 3 letter carriers in front of me and was still having doubts on the placement.:rolleyes1 This truly is an obsession!!:rotfl:

Hi on thread 3 :) I have posted this before but hoping for someone to have better info than I have been able to get.

I have the large sketch tote - or shall I say the GINORMOUS sketch tote. And the back of it is getting dirty - in one spot (where it must rub on my clothes) very dirty. I can't really get it clean - the Dooney advice is "it should repel most soil" and "use soapy water and a toothbrush in a circular motion". I need more than soapy water for the back - does anyone have any advice for what might clean this purse? I love it to pieces so I want to keep it in good shape and this big dirt spot (or maybe the fabric color is transferring as my clothes are clean:)) is really ugly - I 've made sure when i grab it I always face the back to my body as there was a smaller spot starting on the front.

Thanks for any advice - I am open to anything!

Heard from a cast member at Tren-D today to expect a new design soon I tried to get her to tell what it would be and all she would say was to watch for and expect it around March.

Hoping this is the anniversary bag :wizard:

Love the merchandise design... It would look awesome on a bag :goodvibes

Love the thread and look forward to hearing about the new Dream Dooney. We sail in March. I got my first Mickey Dooney last November the Wonder Tassel. I have gotten so many compliments on this purse. I look forward to starting a collection.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2633840

If you scroll down SSB took a picture of Dooney display and lists price. I guess it does not include the new bag since it was an earlier cruise.

Lots of great Dream photos in that thread!

Hopefully SideshowBob won't mind if we pull just the D&B photo over here:

for cseca, the DCL D&B purses ... by the way, large = $225, small = $49:

ry%3D400

And prices for the DCL D&B bags that aren't pictured are:

$395 Weekender
$195 Medium Tote

I see the red, white, and blue wristlets, but no yellow. Interesting..... Looks like there are some straps sticking up on the other side of the display.

Glad I got a yellow one.

OK, someone probably already posted this but they have a picture of the new design for the Disney Dream Inaugural cruises. I sure hope they still have these in April when I go.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2644032

I should have know when I bought the regular DCL version that there would be a new one that I would just "have" to get when we go on the Dream in April. :rotfl2:

Am I the only one not impressed with the Dream print? Don't hate me for saying this but it seems kind of generic looking IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter