Donuts better than Voodoo?

Donnask8pro

DIS Veteran
I know I read somewhere that someone said *their* opinion, there was a donut better than Voodoo? Does anyone remember where this was? Im willing to give it a try. TYSM

To us, anyplace is better than Voodoo. The hotel donuts at Royal Pacific were good so try from a hotel. Not sure where they got them from. We had Dunkin' deliver once - there is one nearby. Lard Lad Donuts in Universal (Simpson's area) was good.

The Big Pink from Lard Lad is really good. Had one of the regular donuts during the meet up and it was just ok, nothing special. But the Big Pink on a different visit was great, and easily shareable between two. They are huge.

I haven’t had VooDoo donuts yet, but I was really surprised at how good the big pink donuts are. I normally don’t like that type of donut (I prefer the denser cake type). We bought one at a shop in Port of Entry to take back to the resort so it wasn’t even the freshest. We had it for breakfast the next morning and it was so tasty. I was pleasantly surprised.

Voodoo donuts look good but I don't eat donuts very often. I tend to like local stores more than chain stores.

Voodoo donuts look good but I don't eat donuts very often. I tend to like local stores more than chain stores.
I’m not sure if I would consider Voodoo a chain. It started in Portland, Oregon and most locations (5) are in Oregon. They aren’t like Crispy Cream that seems to be everywhere. I’m in Oregon, but I only get them at City Walk. They have very creative choices, and I haven’t had a bad one yet. Big Pink is good, so are Universal’s regular doughnuts. They aren’t better though. I think everyone should try Voodoo once for the experience. You see doughnuts there that you won’t see anywhere else.

I’m not sure if I would consider Voodoo a chain. It started in Portland, Oregon and most locations (5) are in Oregon. They aren’t like Crispy Cream that seems to be everywhere. I’m in Oregon, but I only get them at City Walk. They have very creative choices, and I haven’t had a bad one yet. Big Pink is good, so are Universal’s regular doughnuts. They aren’t better though. I think everyone should try Voodoo once for the experience. You see doughnuts there that you won’t see anywhere else.
I consider it a chain since there are more than two locations but suit yourself. I was stating my opinion.

Our daughter really enjoyed the pink donut too, but the kids and I LOVED our Voodoo donuts. My husband thought they were just ok. I loved my mango tango, and the Portland cream, Grape ape was pretty good, and a few years back enjoyed the apple fritter. Donut opinions vary quite a bit with us though. Like my husband hates Krispy Kreme, and I love them. He loves cake donuts, I don't like them, etc. etc. While we have a lot of great food/restaurants where we live, we don't have convenient donut places, so these are always a big treat for me. Enjoy wherever you choose!

Last edited:
I agree with previous posters. The big pink donut at Lard Lad's is really good. We had VooDoo on 2 separate trips and Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts are way better than VooDoo IMO.

We have three locations in Houston now. They have them in Austin and a lot of cities. Definitely a chain now.

Though I rarely eat them, swinging by a Krispy Kreme when the Hot Now sign is lit and grabbing a plain ole glazed doughnut is hard to beat. It doesn't need a piece of bacon on it to make it delicious.

Though I rarely eat them, swinging by a Krispy Kreme when the Hot Now sign is lit and grabbing a plain ole glazed doughnut is hard to beat. It doesn't need a piece of bacon on it to make it delicious.
agree, a fresh warm Krispy Kreme is a treat!

I haven’t had VooDoo donuts yet, but I was really surprised at how good the big pink donuts are. I normally don’t like that type of donut (I prefer the denser cake type). We bought one at a shop in Port of Entry to take back to the resort so it wasn’t even the freshest. We had it for breakfast the next morning and it was so tasty. I was pleasantly surprised.

But they have cake donuts at VooDoo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter