• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Don't eat that! Let me take a picture first! 7 nights on the basic DDP. Complete 5/5

This was our last full day in the parks. :sad:

We started with a late breakfast - brunch really, at
CHEF MICKEY'S

This is always a must do for us. DS7 could eat his weight in bacon, so he loves it here!

This was our 4th year in a row going, and I must say they have made some positive changes.
1)The seating in the waiting area is much larger, but the wait was much shorter.
2)They have moved the picture area over to the right side so it is out of the way. They also changed the picture some. I think the big plate is gone. I can't really remember right now. I'll check our pictures and let you know for sure.
3)This was the first year that they had a CM in charge of making sure the characters made it to every table in a timely manner - AND when you were actually there. It was the best ever!!!!! We were in and out much faster than past years because we saw all the characters without long waits. Goofy even came by three times, because we were not all at the table the first two.

We really enjoy the food here. It's nothing exotic, just good hearty breakfast food. Our favorites are the Mickey waffles, bacon, pastrys, fresh fruit.... actually, I think we like it all!

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520-Copy.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

After breakfast, we were off to MK where we stopped by
ALOHA ISLE

Because no trip would be complete without DOLE WHIP PINEAPPLE FLOATS!

IMG_0539.jpg

We were really thirsty after our salty breakfast, so these hit the spot. They are so refreshing. :goodvibes

Wow, I am so grateful that you posted all these pictures and descriptions of the food you enjoyed in the parks! I'm about to make my ADRs and I have upgraded a few of my plans after seeing your posts. Thank you!

Wow, I am so grateful that you posted all these pictures and descriptions of the food you enjoyed in the parks! I'm about to make my ADRs and I have upgraded a few of my plans after seeing your posts. Thank you!
Thanks! Others have helped me in the past, so I was hoping to return the favor. :goodvibes

Sorry about the pictures! I have NO IDEA how to fix it. I'll finish my report when I figure it out. :sad2:

Chef Mickey's looks yummy. Thanks for the great pics. Hoping I'll be able to snag an adr there in December.

Great reviews! Thanks so much to going to all the trouble of taking pictures of all your meals! I'm really excited about Tusker House, Crystal Palace and Chef Mickeys now!

This was our last full day in the parks. :sad:

We started with a late breakfast - brunch really, at
CHEF MICKEY'S

This is always a must do for us. DS7 could eat his weight in bacon, so he loves it here!

This was our 4th year in a row going, and I must say they have made some positive changes.
1)The seating in the waiting area is much larger, but the wait was much shorter.
2)They have moved the picture area over to the right side so it is out of the way. They also changed the picture some. I think the big plate is gone. I can't really remember right now. I'll check our pictures and let you know for sure.
3)This was the first year that they had a CM in charge of making sure the characters made it to every table in a timely manner - AND when you were actually there. It was the best ever!!!!! We were in and out much faster than past years because we saw all the characters without long waits. Goofy even came by three times, because we were not all at the table the first two.

We really enjoy the food here. It's nothing exotic, just good hearty breakfast food. Our favorites are the Mickey waffles, bacon, pastrys, fresh fruit.... actually, I think we like it all!

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0520-Copy.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

Hey what are those egg roll looking things? crepes? cheese blints?:confused3

Chef Mickey's looks yummy. Thanks for the great pics. Hoping I'll be able to snag an adr there in December.
Are you going for breakfast? We've been 4 years in a row now and loved it every time. We always eat around 10:30. It gives us a day to sleep in OR run to Space Mtn at rope drop - we've done both. Then we are full until dinner time. :thumbsup2

Great reviews! Thanks so much to going to all the trouble of taking pictures of all your meals! I'm really excited about Tusker House, Crystal Palace and Chef Mickeys now!
I hope you love them all! Tusker House was our favorite, but all three were good. :goodvibes

Hey what are those egg roll looking things? crepes? cheese blints?:confused3
They are cheese blints. I tried them a couple of years ago and didn't like them, so I didn't try these. They look good. Did you notice the "hidden Mickey's" in the second one from the bottom? I see two! :lmao:

TUTTO ITALIA

We are big fans of Tutto Italia, so we were excited to have this as our last Disney TS meal. We arrived a few minutes late but were seated right away. They brought out the veggies and bread soon after we were seated. We were so hungry I forgot to take pictures - sorry.

This is the one place that they really worried about DS's cashew allergy. They made a big deal out of it. They brought him a "safe" plate of bread - which was great because he eats a TON of bread, and we didn't have to share. ;) They sent over a special CM in charge of allergies to talk to us and make recommendations. We mis-remembered and thought he has spaghetti and meatballs last year, so we went against the suggestions and ordered that. Well, the CM came back with a witness and has us repeat our order. THEN the manager came over a few minutes later because he was very concerned. (BUT - he got the wrong allergy info. They had told him GARLIC. :scared1: There is no way I would have taken him to an Italian restaurant with a garlic allergy. :confused3)

Anyway, I think all the fuss kind of freaked DS out. He ended up not eating very much of his food at all. :sad2:

DH and I tasted the boys' food, and we loved it - but both boys didn't like it at all. I think next year we will probably order the pizza or chicken for them. AND DH and I will order the spaghetti and meatballs. It was fantastic!

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

Oh I almost forgot!!!!!
Kids get a REAL appetizer here. :woohoo: Both of them had the Mozzarella Sticks. Once again, I forgot the picture at first. I cut them in half to cool them and ate one :guilty: before this picture. They actually got 4 each.

IMG_0557.jpg

They were really good! It actually probably explains why they didn't eat their entree. They were full of cheese and bread! :lmao:

DH and I both had the Lasagna (with meat ragu, bechamel and parmesan). This was also fantastic! The cheese was very creamy and smooth. When I realized that there was no way I could finish it, I pressed down on the noodles to squeeze out more of that buttery cheese. :cloud9: So yummy!

This is a HUGE portion. I had no problem finishing all of the other meals we had during the trip, but I couldn't finish but half of this one. And not because I didn't want to! Believe me, I tried. :upsidedow

IMG_0560.jpg

Here is a picture of what I sadly had to leave behind. :sad:

IMG_0562.jpg

DH's (real) birthday was the next day, so we celebrated. :woohoo:
This was by far the best birthday place of the week. They came out and sang in Italian and brought him and extra piece of cake.

IMG_0570.jpg

We weren't sure what it was, so we took a picture of the dessert menu. We are pretty sure is was Gianduja - Chocolate Torta (chocolate and hazelnut torte with whipped cream and raspberry sauce).

IMG_0563.jpg

He also had a Mocha Tiramisu (mascarpone cheese, espresso coffee, savoiardi biscuits and chocolate).

IMG_0571.jpg

Since he finished BOTH of them without sharing, I can't say which was better. I think you should do what he did and have BOTH!! :woohoo:

I finished off with the Copetta Sottobosco (berries, zabaglione cream gelato and chocolate sauce). I adore this dessert and refuse to order anything else.

IMG_0572.jpg

The boys had Italian Sorbetti (lemon) and Gelati (vanilla). The one with the cookies is the lemon sorbetti. DS couldn't have the cookies because of his allergy, so his gelati came out plain.

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

This meal was a fantastic use of the DDP. The total cost was $142.28. :eek:

We will be back next year!!! :goodvibes

After not eating much of his dinner, DS9 was hungry a few hours later. So we made a stop at Fife and Drum Tavern over in America.

We ordered popcorn and a turkey leg. The CM made an extra ice cream by mistake and gave it to us free. :woohoo:

I only have a picture of the turkey leg, and it doesn't really look that great - but it was actually pretty good. It was very juicy and salty. It was also HUGE. He didn't even eat half of that thing. We all had a taste since we had never tried one before. Not really something I'd order again, but it was better than I expected. The boys loved it.

IMG_0582.jpg

Next we continued on to Norway for some more school bread. This time we got 4 to go for breakfast the next day. :cloud9:

IMG_0587.jpg

FINALLY....
We used the rest of our snack credits for some cookies and a bowl of grapes from the SASSAGOULA FOOD COURT.

IMG_0585-Copy.jpg

IMG_0586-Copy.jpg

The sugar cookie was great, but the other one was a little well done. It ended up in the trash.

Le Cellier Fantastic as always. Still a must-do for us.

Columbia Harbor House Very good CS. Love the tuna.

Sassagoula Food Court Not the best CS, but a very good choice if you are at the resort.

Crystal Palace Good buffet. Great character interaction.

Lunching Pad (snack) I'll be back for another of those pretzels.

Sci-Fi Still one of our favorite lunch spots. Another must-do for us.

Starring Rolls Cafe (snack) Definitely a must do snack spot, and worth a try for lunch.

Cookes of Dublin Great if you want some deep fried goodness.

Leaning Palms at Typhoon Lagoon (lunch) Yuck.

Teppan Edo Another must-do - except for that lame kids dessert.

Sommerfest (Germany - snack) Yuck.

Kringla Bakeri og Cafe (Norway - snack) A new favorite. MUST-DO - over and over...

Goofy's Candy Co. (DTD - snack) Yummy, yummy, yummy.

Captain Cooks at the Poly (breakfast) Fantastic.

Grand Floridian Pirate Cruise (kids lunch) Wonderful. I'll be really sad when my kids are too old for this.

Tusker House (dinner) WOW! Our new favorite buffet.

Sassagoula Food Court (pizza) Good enough for a late night snack.

Fairfax Fare (Toluca Legs Turkey Co.) at DHS (lunch) A surprisingly good salad!

France Wine Kiosk (drink) I would like to order this stuff by the gallon.

Kaki Gori (Japan, WS) (snack) Yummy!

Chef Mickey's (breakfast) Good breakfast food. Great character interaction.

Aloha Isle (MK) (Dole Whip Float) Yummy!

Tutto Italia (dinner) Fantastic. Another must-do.

Fife and Drum Tavern (turkey leg) OK

Wow! With all of our MUST-DO's we are going to have to stay longer next time! :lmao:

Wow...it's over already? I've enjoyed all of your reviews so much! Tutto looks positively yummy!! I'm like your kids... give me the bread and fried cheese and I'd be all set too! :lmao:

Wow! With all of our MUST-DO's we are going to have to stay longer next time! :lmao:

Ain't that the truth? :laughing: Love that you were able to re-affirm old favorites and find some new ones. Thanks again for sharing!! :)

I always get the School Bread to have for breakfast the next morning as well...it's so good!

Tutto sounds great, it's one place that we have not tried yet and sadly not on our list for September either. I suppose one time we will get there, the Lasagna looks very good.

Are you going for breakfast? We've been 4 years in a row now and loved it every time. We always eat around 10:30. It gives us a day to sleep in OR run to Space Mtn at rope drop - we've done both. Then we are full until dinner time. :thumbsup2

I hope you love them all! Tusker House was our favorite, but all three were good. :goodvibes

They are cheese blints. I tried them a couple of years ago and didn't like them, so I didn't try these. They look good. Did you notice the "hidden Mickey's" in the second one from the bottom? I see two! :lmao:

Hidden Mickey's? Where?:confused3
The pictures of the school bread don't look that exciting but everyone seems to love it so I'm gonna have to try it while I'm there.
I'm sad that you're done with the food reviews. :sad2:
I've enjoyed reading them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter