Don't drive into the parks without the trams running!!!

seven dwarfs

DIS Veteran
Im here now. Just a word of warning, do not drive into the parks until the trams start running again. We have come to Disney alot over the years. Including Christmas, New years and even July 4th and not had issues like we have this past week. We have dogs we need to tend to so we drive in most trips to make it easier, take a break to walk them and come back.... The parking is awful right now. I do not understand why, but they are filling in the back rows even when you park hop. (Maybe to force preferred??) I can't be any further back in Mk right now with a park hopper. At HS this morning, yup far in the back. We normally don't even use trams and are begging for them to run. As I walk, there are rows and rows empty that are closer. This has been at every park this entire week????

Zero trams running and they are charging the full $25.00 to park. I feel so bad for anyone with Granny.

Also when you leave MK after fireworks, it may be best to linger in the park for the crowds to subside. It took us two hours shoulder to shoulder to leave Mk by the ferry. It was so very confusing and there was zero help with where to go or where the line was. It was extremely uncomfortable and there were many fights....I have never experienced anything like this in the history of our trips and hope it is solved soon.

thank you. I was considering renting a car but perhaps just using magical express, disney transportation and uber would be best since rental prices are sky high and we are only doing a quick trip

thank you. I was considering renting a car but perhaps just using magical express, disney transportation and uber would be best since rental prices are sky high and we are only doing a quick trip

I think this is a better bet especially if it is a quick trip. We have also found it to be long lines to pay to get in as well. It is much busier then we thought for sure. We are still doing well, and going with the flow. But the flow isn't what we thought it would be.

Im here now. Just a word of warning, do not drive into the parks until the trams start running again. We have come to Disney alot over the years. Including Christmas, New years and even July 4th and not had issues like we have this past week. We have dogs we need to tend to so we drive in most trips to make it easier, take a break to walk them and come back.... The parking is awful right now. I do not understand why, but they are filling in the back rows even when you park hop. (Maybe to force preferred??) I can't be any further back in Mk right now with a park hopper. At HS this morning, yup far in the back. We normally don't even use trams and are begging for them to run. As I walk, there are rows and rows empty that are closer. This has been at every park this entire week????

Zero trams running and they are charging the full $25.00 to park. I feel so bad for anyone with Granny.

Also when you leave MK after fireworks, it may be best to linger in the park for the crowds to subside. It took us two hours shoulder to shoulder to leave Mk by the ferry. It was so very confusing and there was zero help with where to go or where the line was. It was extremely uncomfortable and there were many fights....I have never experienced anything like this in the history of our trips and hope it is solved soon.

UGH. Thanks for the heads up, we are on route to Disney as I type this. We were planning on driving to DHS, but getting on the first bus out sounds like a better option after hearing this. I do think it would have been nice if Disney offered a discounted parking fee until the trams return. Your ferry experience was a nightmare. Sigh.

Also when you leave MK after fireworks, it may be best to linger in the park for the crowds to subside. It took us two hours shoulder to shoulder to leave Mk by the ferry
There was a ferry incident on...Thursday(?)...I think. One of the ferries was out of commission, maybe still is? In any case, that's awful at the end of a long park day and all you want to do is get to your resort.

I gotta think the trams will be running sooner than later. It must be a CM shortage situation, but those parking lots are going to get really full as the 50th rolls around. It's a safety risk to have hordes of people trekking across those gigantic parking lots.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Disney eliminate the trams completely. Especially at Disneyland, as all other So Cal theme parks have already eliminated parking lot trams. But I think the same principle applies to WDW that makes me think this is the case out here:
Why run expensive trams when people are still willing to pay full price for parking without them running?

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Disney eliminate the trams completely. Especially at Disneyland, as all other So Cal theme parks have already eliminated parking lot trams. But I think the same principle applies to WDW that makes me think this is the case out here:
Why run expensive trams when people are still willing to pay full price for parking without them running?
I drive to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot about four,five times a week. This was my exact thought, they have you walking now and paying full price to park, why bother bringing back the trams. Heck, they got people paying, I believe another $20 for preferred parking. The parking lots sure aren’t empty that’s for sure.

I drive to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot about four,five times a week. This was my exact thought, they have you walking now and paying full price to park, why bother bringing back the trams. Heck, they got people paying, I believe another $20 for preferred parking. The parking lots sure aren’t empty that’s for sure.
Yeah, they are likely making more money than ever off of the parking and with lower costs than ever. Considering the high cost of labor, gas, maintenance, etc. I don't see how they could justify bringing the trams back to the accountants.

We were there 21-25 and we only went in the afternoons (after 3 usually) and parked extremely close. There were no cast members directing what row to park so we went all the way to the front. I’m guessing pure luck maybe?

Yeah, they are likely making more money than ever off of the parking and with lower costs than ever. Considering the high cost of labor, gas, maintenance, etc. I don't see how they could justify bringing the trams back to the accountants.
Im hoping guest experience still counts for something. I agree it’s saving $ and that’s hard for a company to ignore but when people walk into the gate of the park already tired, sweaty and frustrated it doesn’t make for a great start to the day.

We were there 21-25 and we only went in the afternoons (after 3 usually) and parked extremely close. There were no cast members directing what row to park so we went all the way to the front. I’m guessing pure luck maybe?

Im hoping guest experience still counts for something. I agree it’s saving $ and that’s hard for a company to ignore but when people walk into the gate of the park already tired, sweaty and frustrated it doesn’t make for a great start to the day.
The other part of the problem is the trams have been shut down for so long, the only option may be to moth all them and get all new ones if they want to run them again.

Those trams have been just parked on the edge of the lot since shutdown began. Hope they have moved them occasionally.
Tires will rot and need to be replaced metal will rust…
And very dangerous walking in Florida sun with black tar heat across parking lot. Better remember where you parked your car cause security doesn’t seem to be monitoring for assistance.
Pack a water bottle for everybody Cause it’s hot.

From the Hollywood Studios entrance to the bus station is not exactly a short walk.

It's worth it to linger in the park at closing even if you use the buses because there can be an hour plus wait for them too.

Yesterday ds and I went in to HS for our Rise boarding group. I think we parked around 11:30 maybe. Pretty far back. We left around 3-3:30. On the walk back there was an attendant and I asked him about the trams. He said fwiw that he has heard that as long as they can keep the walk under 10 minutes they are looking to not bring them back. I suspected this. Who knows the validity of what he said.

Yesterday ds and I went in to HS for our Rise boarding group. I think we parked around 11:30 maybe. Pretty far back. We left around 3-3:30. On the walk back there was an attendant and I asked him about the trams. He said fwiw that he has heard that as long as they can keep the walk under 10 minutes they are looking to not bring them back. I suspected this. Who knows the validity of what he said.
Would not be surprised at all.

I thought the trams were offered to reduce liability, plus it was I nice gesture of goodwill toward guests. Millions of people walking miles through the parking lot traffic has some risks. Figured it was just less headache for them to run trams. Guess not 😆 My optimistic side wants to believe it’s a staffing issue lol.

I thought the trams were offered to reduce liability, plus it was I nice gesture of goodwill toward guests. Millions of people walking miles through the parking lot traffic has some risks. Figured it was just less headache for them to run trams. Guess not 😆 My optimistic side wants to believe it’s a staffing issue lol.
Plus how will I ever remember where my car is if there isn’t someone repeating it over a speaker about 32 times before getting to the front. 🤪

This is getting crazy - I really do wonder where most guests will draw the line. The above sentence can truly be copied & pasted verbatim to apply to the never-ending stream of disappearing WDW benefits:

Why [do x} when people are still willing to pay full price without {x}?

x= parades, character meet/greets, EMH, fastpass, trams, magical express, benches, shade, generous food portions (or heck, even average portions -some QS dishes are shrinking), and whatever else is coming our way soon. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter