Don't drive into the parks without the trams running!!!

This is getting crazy - I really do wonder where most guests will draw the line. The above sentence can truly be copied & pasted verbatim to apply to the never-ending stream of disappearing WDW benefits:

Why [do x} when people are still willing to pay full price without {x}?

x= parades, character meet/greets, EMH, fastpass, trams, magical express, benches, shade, generous food portions (or heck, even average portions -some QS dishes are shrinking), and whatever else is coming our way soon. :crazy2:
Yes, bottom line is clearly of more concern than Guest Experience, and the gap has been growing for years.
Plus how will I ever remember where my car is if there isn’t someone repeating it over a speaker about 32 times before getting to the front. 🤪
Google Maps! Just touch the pointer to the current location on the map, and a menu comes up that includes "Save Parking". If you're not riding the tram, you don't need to know the row number; just walk towards the dot.

Google Maps! Just touch the pointer to the current location on the map, and a menu comes up that includes "Save Parking". If you're not riding the tram, you don't need to know the row number; just walk towards the dot.

But that's not as much fun! :scared: In all seriousness though, my phone somehow automatically saves parking locations for me.

I was there in June and there were no trams. I have a season pass, so after the first day of walking too far to get to the park, I paid the extra $ 20.00 to park in the preferred area, which helped a bit. I am over 70, so this is now a deal breaker. It is sometimes far enough at the end of the day to walk from the tram to the end of the row, if I get unfortunate enough not to get a close to the road parking spot, not having the trams is thoughtless of Disney.

Maybe they could just replace the parking lot with another theme park and then build a parking structure above the bus drop off area. Better use of space. That massive surface parking lot is a huge waste of space and just leads to long walks.

https://blogmickey.com/2021/08/disney-world-hiring-parking-lot-operations-cast-members/
Hopefully this is a good sign that trams will make a return at some point. I posted this in another thread, but I saw a video on YouTube with someone starting the college program and working parking, was trained and provided reflective guests for when they work on the tram.

I sure hope so. The trams not running is part of the reason I'm not sad to ditch the over price rental car we have booked. I've been dealing with some new knee issues for almost a year. Walking that far just to get into the park is not an option.

https://blogmickey.com/2021/08/disney-world-hiring-parking-lot-operations-cast-members/
Hopefully this is a good sign that trams will make a return at some point. I posted this in another thread, but I saw a video on YouTube with someone starting the college program and working parking, was trained and provided reflective guests for when they work on the tram.
The reflective guests are instructed to stand along the edge of the tram lanes. If the driver in training strikes one, he flunks. :jester:
oops 🤣🤣 reflective vests***

Great tip! Had no idea this was an option.

This is getting crazy - I really do wonder where most guests will draw the line. The above sentence can truly be copied & pasted verbatim to apply to the never-ending stream of disappearing WDW benefits:

x= parades, character meet/greets, EMH, fastpass, trams, magical express, benches, shade, generous food portions (or heck, even average portions -some QS dishes are shrinking), and whatever else is coming our way soon. :crazy2:
Add housekeeping to your list. I’ve seen people on these boards giving the advice to bring your own trash bags and take your trash to the dumpster…..when paying 700$+ a night for a room???
Not having trams is terrible in the heat

Last edited:
Add housekeeping to your list. I’ve seen people on these boards giving the advice to bring your own trash bags and take your trash to the dumpster…..when paying 700$+ a night for a room???
Not having trams is terrible in the heat

It is certifiably insane to me to pay $100/night for a hotel (plus parking fees) and be expected to bring your own trash bags/haul bags to the dumpster. Can't even imagine $500-700/night.

(I guess I'm not Disney's target customer anymore. lol.) There is no vacation destination on earth so important to me that I'd lower my standards/expectations that much. I'll just enjoy my own clean, comfy home and splurge on day trips, beaches, nice restaurants, and other pleasures nearby.

We’ve drawn the line. It’s pretty sad, but I’m not willing to support this company any longer. It just feels like an unhealthy relationship at this point. As a guest, I operate in good faith—pay my admission, stay on site, eat in the restaurant, buy the occasional souvenir. In return I receive an ever diminishing experience.

Unfortunately I don't think that Disney is going to stop cutting out the things we all found "magical" as long as people keep coming. I think COVID showed them that despite cutting significantly into the traditional experience, mandating masks, and enforcing social distancing people still came in droves. Until the crowds stop coming they can continue and we will have to make the difficult decisions. We just booked our first Spring Vacation trip away from WDW in more than 10 years. Sigh ... it was a difficult decision but the magic just isn't there anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter