Does Cape May Cafe smell like fish?

KWithers

Mouseketeer
A review I read on another site stated that the cafe smells like frying fish, even during breakfast...can anyone confirm or deny this? If it does, I'd definitely be canceling my ADR for breakfast. :(

We've been to Cape May several times for breakfast, and I don't ever recall smelling fish during our breakfast time.

Yes, unfortunatally there is a distinct fishy smell going on ALL around Cape May Cafe. It is smelly enough that it really made us not willing to eat there.
Also if you are unlucky enough to get a room on the third floor directly above the Cafe........the hallways also smell of fishy smells. Didnt notice it in the rooms (we have stayed in 2 above CMC), just the hallways.
To be honest we didnt notice the smell as strong in the morning.......just in the early afternoon until the evening hours.

HTH,
Syndrome

I own at BCV and have had many stays at this resort. We eat at Cape May for our final breakfast each time. I've never noticed a fishy smell.

As PP said, you may catch a whiff o'fish in the evening when the seafood buffet is happening but not during breakfast.

I'm not a fish lover..well, at least not when it comes to eating them!!! I hate the smell of fish..anywhere! I have stayed at BC before and not once did I ever notice a fishy smell. I've eaten breakfast at Cape May more times than I can remember...again, no fishy smell, ever.
The only time I have ever noticed a 'smell' there was the one time we ate dinner there. We had a family right behind us that had garlicky clams or something or the other. We couldn't believe how many times that dad returned to the buffet to refill his plate. It was some type of shellfish. Being from NE, we weren't all that impressed with the offerings. Haven't gone back. But that wasn't due to any smell!

Yes! I do have a sensitive nose, though, and my family could not smell it. But it was so bad, I could not eat. I only ate desserts. I had like 5 of the little chocolate lava cakes. I love to eat fish, but not smell it, or if it tastes "fishy", I am out.

So 3 no's and 2 yes's.. Technically 3 yes's if I count that reviewer. I'm still torn. Maybe I should book somewhere else to be safe.

No there is NOT a fishy smell. We stayed at BC and ate at Cape May 4 times, 2 breakfast and 2 dinners. It never smelled like fish and it was our favorite place! You need to take a lot of reviews and slice the opinion in half and then try it for yourself!!

I have never smelled anything fishy coming from Cape May during breakfast. I've eaten there for breakfast and it does not smell fishy at all.

We went for breakfast and didn't notice any fishy smell at all. It was a great experience overall...the food was good, it was a more laid back character experience. We enjoyed it a lot and are going back in November.

We have stayed at the Beach Club twice and have eaten breakfast at Cape May. We never noticed the fishy smell at breakfast. The smell of seafood does bother me, so I think I would have noticed. There is definitely a strong smell coming from Cape May at dinner time. We noticed it every time we walked past there in the evening. I believe there is a lot of seafood on the buffet for dinner.

In my opinion it does smell like fish all the time. I actually like fish but the smell in that part of the resort is funky!::yes::

In my opinion it does smell like fish all the time. I actually like fish but the smell in that part of the resort is funky!::yes::

Yup, that whole corner walking past smells like fish... I enjoy eating fish but not to the extent that Cape May smells...turn off !

Wow I've stayed there a bunch of times and walked past the restaurant and never noticed it. I have a sensitive sense of smell, too. :confused3

We went to get a drink at Marthas Vineyard Lounge. (next door) Either last year or the year before. It smelled so bad in there we took our drinks to go. It was awful. I can't imagine how bad it was in the restaurant. We haven't been back since! :scared:

We've been to Cape May several times for breakfast, and I don't ever recall smelling fish during our breakfast time.

:thumbsup2 Ditto for us.
Now, outside of the resort smells like ...well...water to me...lake, bay, pond...whatever...but I LOVE that smell! ;)

At night, yes you can definitely smell the fish, but only while dinner is going on. We've eaten at CMC for breakfast and have never seen them serve fish.

Guess we're flipping the ol' coin time about now. ;) We've stayed at BC, YC, BW and of course S&D (on that end of the property) and I've never noticed the smell just walking by. Breakfast smells like sausage and bacon. :)

We've done the buffet a number of times as well, and then... yes. But honestly, what would you expect a seafood buffet to smell like? :confused3

Perhaps combined with SB pool smell in the closed (less ventilated areas) some odors work against one another. Did they ever convert to old fashion 'high test' chlorine or is it still the saline/converted chlorine system in the toilet / er pool that is? :stir:

When I ate breakfast there this past April there was no fish smell at all. (fortunately. The smell of fish turns my stomach.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter