Does Cape May Cafe smell like fish?

We stayed in the BC for a week last October and every single time we walked past it stank, I ended up walking past holding my nose as I hate fish.

We stay at Beach club or the villas there every trip.I never smelled a fish odor other than at night when the buffet becomes the clam bake

We always notice the fishy smell in the evenings when the Clam Bake is going on. It is unpleasant.

I've never noticed a fishy smell at breakfast of all the times we've stayed there and ate breakfast there.

Nope, no fishy smell!

Except when you are at the Clam Bake in the evening, then you have a great smell of steaming clams and crab legs - yummy! :thumbsup2 I'll take it any day. ::yes::

It doesn't always smell like fish.
Sometimes it smells like crab.
Pick your poison.
:crazy2:

A review I read on another site stated that the cafe smells like frying fish, even during breakfast...can anyone confirm or deny this? If it does, I'd definitely be canceling my ADR for breakfast. :(

Don't sit in that side room at breakfast. You get that gross fish smell. We had to ask to be moved.

I could smell it on the third floor of BC. (In hallway)

I don't remember being bothered by it in the morning, but in the evening, it definitely smells. We had to cancel an ADR there when I was pregnant because I couldn't make it walking past on our way to Beaches and Cream.

I could smell it on the third floor of BC. (In hallway)

Yep, us too Dave, we were just down the hall from you a few weeks ago,lol.
It was just something we learned to expect if we were on the 3rd floor hallways en-route to our room in the afternoon/evening.
The mornings were fine, but as soon as mid afternoon started to roll around, the hallway on the 3rd floor (and the entire area outside of CMC) wreaked of a fishy/shellfish smell (not in a good way).
Thanks goodness our room did NOT smell or we would have asked to be moved. I assume none of the actual rooms have a smell problem as our room a few weeks ago was DIRECTLY above CMC and did not smell !

In keeping with the original OP's question ..........
I think its safe to say that during breakfast there is not really a smell issue , but after that all bets are off ! That whole place around CMC stinks !

Syndrome

Definitely no fishy smell during breakfast time. When heading back from the pool one afternoon close to 4:30, there was a slight normal restaurant smell when you walked past through the lobby, but nothing overwhelming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter