Does anyone else hide their addiction????

OK, so I haven't got to DL yet. (Unless you count a day at Tokyo DL as a 15 year old - tired, missing my family, and broke). However, I've heard the few comments that were thrown my sister's way when she sqaid she wanted to go back, mainly from our older brother. I don't think he's been to DL, so how would he know whether it was worth going back to or not?

I think it's great that Aust and I will be there together with my DD - she knows all the tricks etc that will make our time there even more enjoyable. Oh, and if it wasn't for her wanting to go back, I wouldn't have contemplated it ever, and now I'm hooked!

My mantra: People suck! Especially Disney-haters!

I wouldn't say I hide it but I have noticed some family members rolling their eyes when we start talking about it so i don't usually bring it up anymore.

When ever anyone makes one of those "it must be nice to have all that money to throw around" or "you must be rich" comments I just reply that some people choose to spend their money on an extravagant lifestyle of restaurants and nice clothes but we prefer to concentrate on our mortage and travel.

It works especially well for my single sister who is always at the fabulous places dressed in uber-designer gear.

I hide it a bit, Most my friends think my collection of Disney dvds is a bit weird and would never get the obsession with the themeparks and other stuff. I guess if I had friends into Disney as well it would help. Thats where online communities are great.

I don't think many of my friends and family 'get it'. Most of them don't seem to know or understand that WDW and DL are 2 separate places. If they do, they have no idea where WDW is. I think they think the names are interchangeable for the one place.
:confused3

We're going to Hong Kong in December/January. I'll probably mention to people that we'll be going to HKD whilst we're there but I doubt they'll (a) realise it even exists, or (b) care. Even my 13 year old DS doesn't care.:scared1:

Thankfully my penpal (of 30 years) in Singapore, who we'll be seeing on the way over, loves Disney and has been to HKD a few times, so at least 1 person shares my enthusiasm.:cheer2:

I openly declare my love for Disney. My close friends and family know its part of who I am, thankfully some of them like Disney as well! My wider social circle though and people that I meet don't get it. And so that's why I enjoy the DISboards so much!

Being a a Disney fan is a little bit hard for me to hide as I have Mickey tattooed on my forearm and a few other Disney themed tattoos, as for family and friends I let them bring up the subject. It really does not bother us what they think or say.

I believe many aussies just don't fully understand how huge WDW really is until they have been.

I work there and play there when im not at work, honestly ive been hundreds of times however there are still things I am yet to do.

My family know about my addiction to Disney but they don't understand it. Friends though, they just think its strange. My best friend can't understand why we aren't looking to go somewhere else. This is from someone that goes to the Gold Coast every year.

One of the things that is frustrating if you do try talking to someone about it...they will know a TINY bit...and it is just so wrong that I just give up...

Like -
- people think Walt Disney World and Disneyland are both the same place and refer to them BOTH as Disneyland!
- I heard a story where the friend of a Disney nut said they decided to take the kids to "Disney"... and they went to MK, Epcot, Universal and Sea World. To them, those 4 parks were "Disney"

I am out and I am proud of my disney addiction.

I am always talking about our next trip to family and friends. I am sure they will be glad once we have left for our next trip.

I am sure sone a secretly jealous. We talked about our last trip so much friends are coming on our next trip, the more the merrier I say.

Queenie how right you are about most people not knowing the difference ebwteen DL and WDW. I am always correcting people and having to explain the difference.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

The good thing that occurs when people know that you are "Disneyfied" is that they ask you for advice when their kids get to the age of bugging them to go to Disneyland.

Then you are suddenly a font of knowledge that becomes invaluable to those who haven't yet developed a "clue".

But on a serious note....it's your money. Spend it anyway that you want. For what it's worth, I'm planning to up my stake in DVC and visit every year from now on. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I always tie it in with a trip to another part of the country, and believe me when I say that even after 6 trips to the states I still haven't scratched the surface.

Hey all..

I am known at work as the Disney go to girl...i had my boss ask me about his DL trip in April,I was able to save him $350 and give him tips etc, he came back hooked....loved every thing about it and wants to implement certain Disney business ideas....
I had to drag my DH last year, he loved it so much he had me plan this years trip..so our home wont be paid off in record speed..at least we have these memories
my family just assume now that I'll be going to WDW every year...:banana: and why not, we all work hard for our $$$$, why shouldnt we spend it the way we want???

My parents loved Disney and so I have grown up loving DL. They took us when I was a child and I just loved it. I went on my own as I finished school. My last trip was with my parents, husband and children. The grandparents had to come, we couldn't possibly go without them. My DH had no interest but since our children are Disney nuts he did agree that perhaps it would be nice to take them, but just to DL. Nowhere else.

Next year we are going around the world and will finish with a family meetup in DL for Christmas (again can't go without Grandparents). Then enough frequent flyer points to try WDW the following Sept.

People ask why to you go back - because it puts a smile on everyones face and for the time you are there you live in the moment. The outside world just fades away... Reminiscing, planning or being DL weaves its magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter