Does anyone else hide their addiction????

lovintheland

Mouseketeer
Just wondered, we are planning our third "once in a lifetime trip" and are afraid to tell anyone. People just don't understand our love of Disney. They certainly couldn't understand when we went for a second time last year. So this year I don't even want to tell. Is anyone else in the same boat???

Just wondered, we are planning our third "once in a lifetime trip" and are afraid to tell anyone. People just don't understand our love of Disney. They certainly couldn't understand when we went for a second time last year. So this year I don't even want to tell. Is anyone else in the same boat???

Sadly yes! When I told my family we were going to WDW in September they said, "what are you going there again for? You went there a couple of years ago, twice?" and you went in December! Well no, not exactly true, yes we went to WDW in 2008 and Disneyland Paris in 2008 and Disneyland in Anaheim in December, so... WDW is 9 months after going to Disneyland and its a different place! It's too hard trying to explain the addiction if they don't have it :lmao:

Nope, not at all. If someone doesn't like that I'm 'going again?!' too bad for them, they aren't paying for it neither am I forcing them to go. I mean, god forbid I spend my hard earned money going somewhere besides a cheap beer fueled trip to Bali etc where I'll see nothing but the inside of a bar and meet no one but drunk Aussies.....:)

We have had a corner shop for years & years, so know & chat to a great many people each day. I have found that the great majority are happy for us, but you are always going to get a very few that will make snide comments. Frankly, now it is like water off a ducks back, because if those few people weren't being nasty about that, it would be about something else.

Personally though I can't understand that way of being like that, as I know I am THRILLED for anyone who gets to go away (even if just for a weekend away camping or something). I love talking to everyone about their plans & trips & if they bring photos back for us to see, I am in heaven!

It is so funny though - sometimes the girls at the local travel agent will book someone on a Disney holiday & then send them down to us for any tips & hints. I love those days!

Also, if our customers suddenly see us out walking each day (trying madly to get a bit fitter in time for all that Disney walking), they will come in & ask "another trip coming up?" They know us so well!

Hahahahaha Aussiemickeys, too funny about the walking.

Well we have only been the once and I am constantly talking about going again and most people just pretend they didn't hear me I'm sure. Esp my DH :lmao:. But he can only ignore me so long, and then I've got him where I want him:rotfl2:

Yes, I think I do too.

We are going back in November/December and the only people that know are 2 girlfriends and the DIS :lmao: (shhhhh guys, don't tell anyone ok!!) I can just imagine right now the comments coming from certain people that I could be spending my money on other things and that if I have so much money to spend I should be getting some culture into my kids instead (as in take them to China or London :scared: ).

So I will eventually tell them all. But only when my girls know first. And they will know as soon as I can figure out a super special way to tell them :thumbsup2

xxx

Almost my whole family is Disney obsessed, so we can talk all we want at home without feeling guilty or embarrassed. We don't tell anyone else, though. Unless they are bitten by the mousebug, there's no way anyone else would understand.

Going to Disney has gotten a whole lot easier when we had DS...we just blame it on him. :rotfl2:

Well we haven't been yet (I've been to both DL and WDW but this is DH and the kids first time), but people are confused as to why we are going to both. Even some that we are travelling with (going over with others from my daughter's dancing school) don't get why we're going to DL as well when we are all going to WDW. I just say there is no way we could go to California and not visit Disneyland. No way.

We have friends who go to Bali or Phuket every single year and I don't get it. That's just not my thing. I don't criticise them for it though.

Yes, I do. A few friends know we are going again next year. Most people (including DH) don't 'get' Disney, and think we are crazy for going to back. I also get sick of the comments about being 'rich' (which we are definitely not), so I tend to keep my travel plans to myself.

I really don't care what anyone says or thinks. Who really cares if they think I'm weird or wasting my money?

As far as I'm concerned they can all go and get ... oh better not say that, its not very Disney :rotfl:

I find that people don't really "get" disney either. I don't hide it - in fact this year at work I decided to embrace it. People don't really care actually. The only problem I suspect I have is that I lose some of my "seriousness" with the management. so I've decided to do a presentation - I work for a R&D place with a thousand scientists and we have "insight seminars" every week in our theatrette. As the Leadership Manager I'm gonna do a Disney Approach to Leadership presentation open to any staff. :teacher: That way I can give them all those really fine points of distinction and detail that are what makes Disney magical to me! :rotfl:

I'm loud and proud!! :lmao:

Everyone knows, and if they don't they soon will.

I haven't told a huge amount of people about my DL trip in January (which will be my 2nd) - mainly because I am going without my kids (the 2 oldest will be in Phuket with my inlaws and the youngest at home with DH). Some people I have told think I'm strange choosing to go there instead of to a tropical island or whatever, but I can't wait to go back!! And my sister and neice are coming with me so I can convert them too!!

We went to Australia for 3 weeks 2 years ago-loved it, could live there. But WDW would have to be a yearly thing still for us, theres WDW-and then theres everything else. :wizard:

Australia792-1.jpg

We spent 6 days at DL last year and got a few "6 days???What are you going to do there for that long???" comments.
We are now planning another 'trip of a lifetime' for next year and no doubt will get some similar comments.

I just downloaded the Tiki Room theme as my ringtone (lots of good free DL ones on phonezoo.com) and most of my friends don't know what it is and think it's very odd, but it makes me smile everytime I hear it...

We spent 6 days at DL last year and got a few "6 days???What are you going to do there for that long???" comments.
We are now planning another 'trip of a lifetime' for next year and no doubt will get some similar comments.

I just downloaded the Tiki Room theme as my ringtone (lots of good free DL ones on phonezoo.com) and most of my friends don't know what it is and think it's very odd, but it makes me smile everytime I hear it...
I don't really discuss it with people but I have fantasmic as my ringtone for one family member, haunted mansion ghost host for another, the electrical parade for another. Then I have as alarms soarin, legend of mythica (Tokyo disneysea), and for when I need to make sure I really do hear it.
The Disney Cruise line horns.
If you have an iphone and mac you can create ring tones from any mp3 in Garage Band.

It is my way of disneyfying my life :) in a more 'subtle' way as people have no idea what it is unless they are disney fans.

I don't hide my addiction and most people go with it.

I talk to my customers about it and they loved hearing about our Disney trip.

We're auctioning our house in a few weeks and i'm thinking of asking DH if we get a good price could we fit in a small trip??

Absolutely YES I do hide it and I'm so glad that other people do this as well.

I'm also sick of the snide "you must be rich" remarks - especially because I'm a single parent and so a lot of folks assume I live on some sort of government handouts, which is NOT true - I work full time!

I'm just careful with the pennies and budget carefully. I also reserach prices to within an inch of my life - if I can save just $50 I will.

The kids don't know we're going this time, so I'm beeping it a secret from pretty much everyone, even my boss. Only the DIS-ers and my TA know!

I don't worry what anyone thinks. I used to try to explain it but don't bother anymore. After all, it's my money and I will "waste" it however I like.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter