Do you think DVC should be a little more open to people moving dates without penalty because of corona?

Yeah, we are bummed because we had a 4/20 to 4/27 reservation with tickets for MM on 4/21, which would have been our first MM event that fell on one of our vacations.
Well, DL closing is only to end of March as of now - so maybe MM will go on as scheduled.

Fingers crossed for everyone whose trips are being so drastically affected!

Well, for the first time, we are now thinking we should not go. Supposed to arrive Saturday. No way I could use those points again within the holding period--even without virus, my kids have school and other commitments. We are going to decide in the next few hours and then will hope for the best when we call Member Services.

Do you think I need to contact them about my VGC vacation starting Thursday or will they just take care of it? I got 4 days in a row 2-3 months ago by waitlisting one night at a time. I'll never get that again.

Do you think I need to contact them about my VGC vacation starting Thursday or will they just take care of it? I got 4 days in a row 2-3 months ago by waitlisting one night at a time. I'll never get that again.

Yes. I would still call them just to be sure everything is done correctly.

I would definitely call.

Can anyone get a hold of MS?? I have been trying and it's a busy signal.
Keep trying. This was the experience this morning, and I had to just keep dialing over and over. Eventually got through and then about a 50 min wait. Very pleasant experience with the CM who helped me!

Try online chat -- I'm in queue -- started 1 hour ago at #116 - now #36 ;)
I tried to get some answers about points, and the CM's on chat can not do anything with DVC points, so you will have to call in to MS to take care of cancellations inside your holding period.

Well that's just a bummer - since the line just rings busy.
Yeah, when I called in this morning I just got a busy signal. That has never happened before, so the poor CM's are definitely earning their money today. Hope DVC authorizes overtime to clear out the calls.

We were on hold for about 35 minutes,Patricia our CM was very pleasant and we had our resize cancelled with points placed back in 2020 (Aug UY) within 10 minutes.There was never a question that they weren't going into holding.Our bummer was giving up MM for MK on 4/21/ Oh well. Be safe everyone.

We are supposed to arrive Saturday. I guess I need to call member services tomorrow to cancel. Do I just need to call before they close for the day? Trying to postpone the inevitable as long as possible...

We are supposed to arrive Saturday. I guess I need to call member services tomorrow to cancel. Do I just need to call before they close for the day? Trying to postpone the inevitable as long as possible...

Yes, Canceling day of is considered a no show and all points lost. I know they are helping out and changing typical penalties, but I would not want to chance that one,

They closed becuase Gov said no gatherings over 250--parks, conventions, meetings that cannot give 6' of distancing. That puts DLR slightly into that bucket

They closed becuase Gov said no gatherings over 250--parks, conventions, meetings that cannot give 6' of distancing. That puts DLR slightly into that bucket

It’s like here in NY. Broadway for the most part going dark because no gatherings with 500 seats or more. My DD27 works for Disney Theater and said they are dealing with the fall out now. Sounds like a late night for her!

OP here. I was supposed to have arrived today. DVC gave me my points back and I am very grateful. My daughter is higher risk and they told me they did have some discretion. Disney is a class act. I got a refund for my non refundable park tickets as well. I had to travel from Canada and things are evolving quickly here. All of this is a bit unbelievable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter