• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Do You Mind?" - Disney Adventures with Teens August Trip Report

I love this trip report so far. You seem like such a fun bunch :woohoo: The elevator game cracked me up! Looking forward to reading about your first full day! :)

My goal is to post an update tonight. Updating my TR is welcome relief from reviewing tax returns!

Your elevator game cracked me up! That poor man! I wonder what he was thinking? :rotfl:

I loved that you guys went to MK for an hour just because you could and it was your first night there! :lovestruc

Splash Mountain is one of my favorite rides, but you know what? I don't think I have ever ridden it at night before! :eek: I think I will need to fix that!

Can't wait to hear more about the trip!
I didn't feel sorry for "that poor man". He should have had more Disney spirit and joined in our fun.

I really didn't think about it that we went just because we could, but we did, didn't we?

You have to ride Splash Mountain at night. and BTMRR. and EE. and Test Track. They all give a different experience at night.

I hope to add more very soon. Work is killing me.

Going to MK for 2 rides and the experience -- so cool that you guys could do that!! Probably felt like you were "breaking the rules" a little :lmao: With our 3yo, that would never happen!

I love to hang back and let the crowd leave MK...I always want to be one of the only people left ... but DH is more like -- ok, it's closed, let's go!

Poor feet!!

I'm going to guess conservatively and say you didn't get up early, didn't make rope drop but you did split up.
I know - it's crazy - and we didn't really realize we went for only 2 rides. It felt like we were there for a long time, taking it all in. The air, the smell, everyone's positive attitudes...

It might be really cool to be the very last party to leave the park. Would the CM's be irritated?

My feet recovered fine. I learned not to wear those shoes!

Guesses - two yes's and a no.

i
Next up: Our first full day
• Did we get up early for AK? No
• Did we make rope drop? No
• Did we all stay together? No

Whats my score???

I must say Katie and Caitlin are both very pretty I myself, one year younger, am the same when it comes to the canded and posed for photos, and I hope you vacation was fantabulous, i was there the same time you were, well almost, August 14 - 20. I love you trip report so far
Your score: 67%

Thank you for the compliments on the girls. I will pass them on. Hope you had a great trip - do you have a trip report?

Great update!

We once caught the fireworks from a great roller coaster at LegoLand in California and it was REALLY neat! I can totally relate :goodvibes
Thanks! Nothing like the fireworks coming out of nowhere!

Yeah, gotta love that you went to MK for just 2 rides on your 1st night! Sounds like you had fun!

I'm guessing you got up early, but not for rope drop, and split up....that seems to be a popular vote!
I am so glad we went to MK. I wouldn't take that one back for anytihng.

Your score: 100% - but details to come.

I LOVE Splash Mountain at night. It is so cool to come over that hill just before heading into the Briar Patch and getting that gorgeous view of the Castle all lit up. It is one of my favorite sights in all of WDW.

Very cool on the quickie MK trip. I love doing stuff like that! I'm judging from the Green/Yellow thing that you do TGM? LOVE him!

My votes on your questions:
Next up: Our first full day
• Did we get up early for AK? Yes
• Did we make rope drop? Yes
• Did we all stay together? No

How'd I do?
I love SM too! It was fun to see the castle AND the Spectromagic floats going by and hear the music.

I did a combination of TGM and UG, but they were just as a guide. If you can bear with me throughout the TR, you'll see how that turned out for us. If I can remember to, I will comment on our feedback for TGM and UG at the end.

Your score: 67% (but you had probably already calculated that) :thumbsup2

I've been lurking along the whole TR and am absolutely loving it! I really do try and guess the answer to your questions at the end haha can't wait to read more! :banana:
:welcome: So glad to have you along. I got my quiz idea from Marshay. I thought it made the TR really fun, with a twist.

Hi, just spent the last hour reading your TR, really enjoying it!! Can't wait for the rest!! :surfweb:
:welcome: I'm so glad you're enjoying. I really wish I could move faster on this TR, but life gets in the way.

Great update Susan! I love all the nighttime MK pics!:thumbsup2 The ones of you waiting for the bus are cute too! Katie seems like such a go with the flow kind of girl!:goodvibes
The pics are fun, aren't they? Katie is such a great kid. I don't know what I did to deserve it. But wait - she has her moments, and she did one day later in the trip.... (duh duh dummmmmm)

I'm really enjoying your report - and let your dad know he's not the only one: both my husbands had 10/7 birthdays!!! OF THE SAME YEAR!
Thanks so much! I will let my dad know - we laugh about it. Mom laughs about it. It's quite a club to belong to. :rotfl:

I love this trip report so far. You seem like such a fun bunch :woohoo: The elevator game cracked me up! Looking forward to reading about your first full day! :)
Thanks so much. We really like to have fun and, as Mom says, make memories. Mom taught me growing up to splurge on your vacations because they make memories you will never forget. Family is so important. Elevator games are fun! :thumbsup2

Great Trip Report so far! Can't wait for the next installment! :thumbsup2
:welcome: and thanks! Working on the next one but it may be a day or two.

Oh, I do hope you accomplish your goal this evening -- that would be awesome to read some more about your trip! :goodvibes
So sorry I didn't make my goal.

I feel sooooo guilty leaving everyone hanging. I am one of the world's most impatient people and waiting on trip reports makes me crazy. And here I go making people wait. I just hope I don't lose readers in all the waiting. Please don't unsubscribe! :) It will be worth it.

The last tax deadline is October 15th and most of our clients' tax returns are due next Wednesday. But the catch is: I have to go to Washington DC next Monday-Wednesday, so I have to get these TRs (that's Tax Returns, not Trip Reports :lmao: ) finished and signed in the next couple of days. That's the hang up. Please bear with me.

Hey Susan...what's the hold-up for :rolleyes1 You left us all hanging! I know it'll be interesting reading having a teen, myself:headache: ......:rotfl: Could be real cool, dude! :laughing: Can't wait for more.:thumbsup2 :hug: ...to GramaBonnie! Hope all calms down at work, real soon for ya!!!

Hi, Susan! Check out my ticker! We are staying at the Beach Club with the 4/3 deal!!! Come back and finish your TR so you can tell me all about how much we will love BC! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter