Do You Love Disney Or Are You Just Used To Going To A Disney Park

We love it... all things Disney...

We are locals, and AP holders... and just renewed our AP's for this year 2021...

Our first time back in the parks last year, was a bit emotional for us... it was light at the end of the tunnel... it was exhilarating...to walk out on main street, and see the castle.. I do admit, I might have had a tear or two in my eyes that needed wiping away...

I think the two things go hand in hand... We have so many memories in the parks, Just the two of us, kids first trips, family trips, now we have grand-kiddos first trips, and family trips.. I have memories of my grandparents in the parks, which I hold so close in my heart. Girls trips with my Mom and DD ...

For us Disney goes the extra mile, making sure the guest have a magical experience, creating the atmosphere for family time, striving and looking for ways to give everyone the best most magical trips that they can. They are the gold standard in theme parks, cruise's, movies...

DH and I have all the parks on our Bucket list... So far WDW in Orlando, Disneyland California, Disneyland Paris... we had planned to mark Tokyo Disneyland off last year but that did not happen, so we are in a hold pattern on that right now... We were hoping to do a Disney family cruise which right now doesn't look good for that either... Yet we have hope for sure, that we will be able to start planning soon...

I fell in love with Disney as a child... watching the Wonderful World of Disney, nothing has changed... Disney kid forever...

this is me. We do all the Orlando theme parks (literally annual pass addicts) but I CRIED the first time back in MK. I didn’t cry at any other park, and we were there opening day of universal and LEGOLAND.

we go to Disney for DISNEY! But we also love other theme parks. we also love national and state parks. And we have salt water running through our veins.
For us it’s not about having to pick one, but being privileged to live in the great state of Florida and experience so many cool things.
DL and AUL are on our bucket lists- because Disney!

Its a good question and one that made me stop to think. Its just DH and I, no kids. We visit WDW annually, visited DL for the first time in 2019, and we spent part of our honeymoon at Aulani. We love the experience Disney provides - good service, nice accommodations, lots of things to do and see, unique and differentiating features no matter the type of Disney vacation. We enjoy all of that and keep returning. But, we don't really watch Disney movies, buy Disney merch, or have a great love or fondness for any characters. So we're probably more towards the going out of habit side, but we certainly enjoy it and love the experience.

Awesome question. I go because of nostalgia mostly. My Grandfather was there on a solo trip the year I was born (in 1974). He loved it. My first trip was when I was 4. My family went every 2-3 years. My parents loved it (my Mom loved the Mickey Mouse Club in the 50's when she was a kid). I went to college in Florida and lived there afterwards for 5 more years, so I was an annual passholder. My late husband loved it, and we had wonderful trips there.

Disney World continues to be my favorite vacation destination. It's nostalgia and it's in my blood. Some parts of Disney World still make me cry, because they bring back sweet memories of my Dad (who died in 2011). So, it's very much a family thing with us.

Good question! It's definitely the park experience over general Disney fandom for me. Friends & family often question why we like to go to Disney so much, and I find it's hard to explain in words, it's just a feeling!

Growing up, we did one family Disney trip (I was probably 11) and I remember liking it but didn't really care if we ever went back. My older brother (3 yrs. older) has Down syndrome and is a HUGE fan of the movies and characters. My first year working after college I finally had some money and decided to take him to WDW. Being in the parks with him and just seeing his pure joy and excitement is truly just magical. On top of that, the service is always outstanding and the cast members always manage to make our trip extra special. Ever since that trip, Disney trips have become our special "thing" that we do together and no matter how many times we go, that "magic" feeling always comes back!

It’s the park experience for me. I just feel so happy and giddy when I’m there. We go every 2-3 years and go other places the other years. So for us it’s very much a destination we like to go for vacation. I didn’t go to Disney until I took my son for his first trip when he was 3 so no nostalgia from my childhood. But I fell in love with the experience.

I don’t have Disney merchandise in my home except for the mugs or little souvenirs (magnets, xmas ornament, Xmas popcorn bucket I put out at Xmas) we bring home. I don’t do much Disney decorating. I do enjoy Disney movies, especially the classics from the 80s and 90s. I don’t wear character clothes and keep it to a minimum even when in the parks. I buy most from Etsy so it’s not the usual goofy or Mickey on a tshirt. All Disney clothes gets packed up and put away until the next trip. I do have a Disney phone case but it’s from Etsy and a “who runs the world” case with all of the princesses. I do want to buy some Disney Xmas merchandise because I love the decor. But that’s more for me to have a little moments to remember the parks. Since we only go every 2-3 years so it’s nice to remember previous trips.

I don’t know how anyone can answer this question without fundamentally loving Disney although I guess to each their own but I absolutely love Disney movies!

We love Disney, it means a ton to my family now as well as when I was growing up. It’s a thing that continues to give new and exciting topics to discuss with my dad every Friday when I see him. Love the parks, movies, merchandise etc.

After going to UO for the first time a couple of years ago, I can tell you I definitely love Disney. I have always loved the movies and products, but WDW is an experience unmatched by other theme parks. We liked UO, but it felt like only one step above a regional amusement park like Cedar Point. It has to do with the little details. Disney is all about eyelines and camouflaging different areas with different themes. CMs at Disney seem to enjoy saying, "Happy birthday." UO TMs seemed bored with it. Then there's the "pixie dust." Every trip we've had to Disney has had CMs granting one of us a little bit of pixie dust. A free cookie just for being cute can go a long way for making a positive experience during a little girl's Disney trip. :)

I think we're a family that goes to Disney, because it familiar and easy and something we know we all like. That's not to say I don't I don't love Disney. I tear up walking down Main Street and love the theming on the rides and the overall experience. We've had some fabulous moments at Disney. Part of me thinks we're trying to recreate those first few trips when everything was perfect to us. After a few trips you notice that things aren't as sparky and magical as you thought they were. And nothing beats the first few times you ride a new ride. But we keep going back!

We actually notice the Disney customer service more when we're not at Disney. My husband likes to say "well we're not at Disney" whenever he notices or experiences something just not right when we vacation other places.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm more of a park/cruise only person. Totally in love with the parks, cruises and resorts, I could easily live without the shows and movies.

It’s the park experience for me. I just feel so happy and giddy when I’m there. We go every 2-3 years and go other places the other years. So for us it’s very much a destination we like to go for vacation. I didn’t go to Disney until I took my son for his first trip when he was 3 so no nostalgia from my childhood. But I fell in love with the experience.

That's pretty much our family. We took our first trip to the parks when my eldest was 3, and I honestly never considered going to WDW before having children, I've always been more interested in international destinations. But when I saw how delighted he was and how easy they make it to vacation with small kids (can always find a changing table, restaurants always have high chairs and crayons, Magical Express, I was hooked. We mastered the FP+ and ADR systems, and returned to the parks 3 times since that first trip and took a DCL Alaska cruise in 2019. But our loyalty wasn't too Disney but to the experience offered, so as that experience loses value we're considering other options. We have a UO trip booked for Xmas 2021, and I'm looking at Royal Caribbean for a return trip to Alaska. We're deluxe resort guests, and happy to pay higher prices for good service and amenities. But I can't justify the high cost of a WDW trip right now.

For us it's a habit. I think we kind of hit a wall with Disney a few years back. I love it but my memories are so much sweeter than my last few experiences. It's time for a break. We had an amazing 18 year run/40+ trips. My daughter and I will use the free nights Disney gave us after a very messed up stay a year ago, but I suspect it will be more than a few years before we return after that.
I enjoy the movies and I have a beautiful cabinet full of Disney collectibles, a display of popcorn buckets dating back to 2003, many photo albums I lovingly made but I just don't feel the same when I have visited for the last few years. I don't talk bad about Disney and help friends plan their trips. But for us personally the magic and the cost are no longer complimentary if that makes sense!

I have to admit that I don't actively watch Disney movies. Sure, I've seen a lot of them, and I will watch them with my kids. However, while they are enjoyable, I wouldn't consider myself a die hard Disney movie fan.
As for the parks, I LOVE them. We first went to WDW with the kids and thought it would be a one and done, 'get it over with' kind of trip. But, we ended up enjoying it as much as the kids. So, we've made an annual trip out of it. For me, it's just such a great setting for a family vacation.

I have to admit that I don't actively watch Disney movies. Sure, I've seen a lot of them, and I will watch them with my kids. However, while they are enjoyable, I wouldn't consider myself a die hard Disney movie fan.
As for the parks, I LOVE them. We first went to WDW with the kids and thought it would be a one and done, 'get it over with' kind of trip. But, we ended up enjoying it as much as the kids. So, we've made an annual trip out of it. For me, it's just such a great setting for a family vacation.

I could have written this word for word. This is me.

I’m actually struggling with this myself, I LOVE WDW, but I do want to expand my travels a bit. However, I find myself back at Disney and Universal year after year because it’s what I know. I start exploring other options and feel overwhelmed so I fall back on the parks.

I'm just watching the DisUplugged video Off The Rails on Disney Breaking Points dated March 5 2021 and Craig @Teleclashter brought up an interesting point. Do regular visitors to Disney parks really love the Disney brand the Disney parks experience or do they just go out of habit, either because its a family thing or they live nearby?

So lets discuss this :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all things Disney!

I used to live in NYC. I think if you live somewhere lots of people want to visit, you just naturally take parts of it for granted. I went to see the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree every year and never thought anything of it. For some people that's like a big deal.

I love going to amusement parks and theme parks, and Disney makes the best. I'm also a big movie person, and enjoy a lot of the studio's films both old and new.

I find a good litmus test for a Disney person is whether or not you'd get married at Disney World. I love the parks, the movies, and listening to podcasts like The DIS and others. But I draw a hard line at getting married there. Nope. Not for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter