• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you know your IQ

I found out last year. My mom never would tell me growing up, but she gave me my old school file to look through for something else last year, and I ran across my test results from 1st grade.

I'm sure mine is losing a point or two for each year I age :(

When my son was tested in 5th grade, there was a part of the test where you give an answer, then the tester asks you for more elaboration and other answers. He thought the tester was just being a witch and would only give his first answer. He did not pass the test. A few years later he tested again because the "gifted" kids get priority scheduling in high school. He easily passed, and the second tester said he couldn't imagine what happened during the first test.

I really believe a lot of scoring depends on who is giving the test. I know that is not supposed to be the case, but one tester at our school seems to qualify more kids than the other.

I only know mine because of my ultra competitive husband. Our daughter was tested for the Gifted program in 3rd grade and got a score of 154. My husband kept bragging that it was because of him, so I suggested we both take an IQ test and see who scored higher. Needless to say, he doesn't brag anymore! LOL However, mine is still lower than my daughters!

In the morning before my coffee fix, I fall into the low hanging fruit category. After the coffee kicks in, I'm just slighty ditzy

Yes, but I never bother telling people. What's to keep me (or anyone) from making it up? If you knew the person, you'd know whether or not it was legit, but online.... Hard to fake something like an IQ in real life, whatever it happens to be :)

Last edited:
Where and how does everyone here get their iq tested? I always heard most tests were a scam or fake unless you're applying and being tested at mensa...
Mine was tested a couple of times in high school and they showed us our results when we reviewed our "permanent record" in Honors English class in 11th grade when we found out our class standings and joined the Honors Society.

My sister's was tested by a psychologist with a doctorate as part of a comprehensive exam/work-up.

Yes, but I never bother telling people. What's to keep me from making it up? If you knew me, you'd know whether or not I was legit, but online.... Hard to fake something like that in real life. :)

Implying that you have a high IQ isn't any better than the baseless claims made on this thread.

Implying that you have a high IQ isn't any better than the baseless claims made on this thread.

Was anything in that statement fallacious? No. Perhaps I should have made it more general; however, the essential meaning remains: anyone can make up whatever they want, if you knew the person in real life, you'd know whether or not their claims were true, and finally, it would be hard to fake your IQ in real life- whatever it happens to be.

Nope, have never been concerned about it. I'm smart in some things, and not-so-smart in other things. Probably pretty much like anyone else, really. :)

Don't you think if I was trying to impress people with my score, I would have made up a higher one? The question was asked and I answered. That's all.

Don't you think if I was trying to impress people with my score, I would have made up a higher one? The question was asked and I answered. That's all.

I don't claim to know anyone's purpose. I did say that the claims are baseless. Your claim is without proof and, therefore, baseless. With that said, I am always impressed that so many seem to know their IQ and that so many are exceedingly intelligent.

To answer your question, if your purpose is to impress I think that you would accomplish that with a claim of 138. As I understand the scoring scale, a score of 130 is considered superior (I think that various publishers have different classifications) and that you would be in the top one percent of U.S. citizens. Then again, you are from Canada so perhaps Canadians are much smarter than Americans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter