Do you have a Guinea Pig?

Everyone's responses have been fantastic. I think based on the replies and the research I have done, we are going to hold off on getting a Guinea Pig.

Guinea pigs are a lot of work for little return as far as human playtime goes. We went thru the small animal stage here, gps, frogs, hermies, betas, baby sat a snake and a lizard and all I have to say is, done. If I have to put in the work, I want the snuggle time.

Some people are fine with the small pets, or have space/time constraints. I happen to prefer to have dogs and cats, they are just more hands on, especially for a little child. GPs and the like are pretty fragile, and so darned cute a little kid could just want to squeeze the bejesus out of them, that doesn't end well.

I had a guinea pig when I was probably 11, but I don't think it's a great choice for a 4 yr old. What about a kitty? I am allergic to cats and dogs so we have 6 hamsters, two are dwarfs and 4 of them are Syrians (teddy bears). Because they are solitary critters we have to have 5 cages (dwarfs are brothers and don't mind each other). I got caught up in the cuteness of the first one and kept getting more :p. Now my problem is finding hamster sitters when we go out of town. I think I would get a bigger pet for your child, though.

we had a black bear hamster and he was the meanest sucker ever! BIT everyone, no matter who. Had a cute dwarf hamster (yes he was small) but he was so sweet. NEVER bit (and my cousin squeezed him a few times.) He did get out once but hung out right next to his cage till he was put back. Gatta handle them when there young. I had a hammy at 4 (he was a teddy bear) and he was my best bud. I had him trained to be a pocket rider, and used to take him all over with me (even went to the grocery store when I forgot he was sleeping in my pocket)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter