Do you have a Best Friend

bigsis1970

Thanksgiving,a Birthday & our Anniversary 2017!
Hi , I am almost 33 and my BEST friend has been my best friend since 3rd grade - we can go for 3 months with out chatting as we both have busy lives - who doesn't now a days - but she called last night around 9pm we hung up at 12:30 am :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I hope my Daughter finds a best friend like the one I have..

( I do have a few other people I call best friends - but Hope is my True Best Friend ! )

Michelle

I'm in my late 20s and my best friend and I have been friends since 2nd grade. We don't like very close anymore, but we talk on the phone every weekend and she's coming to visit soon on her way to WDW! Now that I have a DD it'll be fun to have our kids meet too.

My friend and I have been best friends for over 25 years now. I have a 10 yo daughter and she now has a 2 yo son and another son on the way. She is on her second marriage and he is the most wonderful man a person could ask for. We have always lived within walking distance of each other, she bought vacation land up in NH about 9 years ago, we have been going camping for as long as we have been friends and I was just given the opportunity to purchase a plot near hers. I watch her kid all the time and she watches mine when needed (she is 10 you know!). I don't know what I would do without her!!!

Yes! We've been friends since we were 10 (we're 32 now). She was my maid of honor at my wedding and she's also my daughter's godmother:D .

Yes, we have been friends since Jr High. We don't see eachother as much as we would like - but when we do it is like we were together yesterday.

I have a best friend. I am 30 & we met in second grade. We lost touch while we were both away at college for 4 years, but then bumped into each other by chance & decided we shouldn't have let life & different states stand in the way of friendship!

I am one of a group of 5 that has been best friends since high school. Unfortuantely these days we dont see each other like we used to(daily!), but email helps us keep in touch a lot.

Out of those 4 girls I am a little closer to 1 of them. She is my DS's godmother and I am her DD's. Of course, she also moved 6 hours away from here so, obviously we dont see each other much at all. :(

nope. I've got quite a few close, dear friends, but none that Anne of Green Gables would call, "kindred spirits". *sigh*

I don't have sisters (always wished that I had) but I am blessed to have 2 ladies in my life that I can easily call kindred spirits.
One is a lady I met in University, who went to high school with my hubby. We are godmother to each other's children and can go a year without seeing each other and still "pick up where we left off".

The second is one I met on the DIS, Michelle. We were jokingly called Twisted Sisters and the name stuck. Even my husband met her and after an hour said "omg, she is a blonde version of YOU!" We are known to finish each other's sentences and say we are 2 halves of the same brain.....which is not to say we are half-wits!!!! :p

I don't know what I would do without either of these ladies in my life, I am truly blessed!
CC

Yup, and he is a pretty special person. Even though he is a guy(can you believe that?), I can say just about anything to him, and when I need to get put in my place :rolleyes: as I am told often I do...he does it with finese...lol....He is there when I need him, and has never let me down. He is always good for making me laugh when I do not feel like it. We are very similar in how we think, and somehow understand eachother and stuff we enjoy. I am blessed to have this nutcase as such a great friend :)

Hi!

My best friend is my wife! I see all the divorce in the world, and I know why DW and I have a such a strong marriage. Lot's of people love each other. We like each others. Friends, quite honestly, are better at shaking hands after fighting. And they like to do things together.

Pat

Yep, it's my husand. He is always the first one I want to tell a secret to, the first one I go to when I'm upset, the first one I want to talk to when something wonderful has happened!!

The only downside with my best friend is that he hates to shop :) I have a couple backup girlfriends who are my shopping partners since he would rather get a root canal! :)

tamie

My very best friend is my big sister. We became very close after I graduated from high school and have been close ever since. Growing up we weren't close at all...she's eight years older than me and we just couldn't relate to one another. But once we were both adults, we just clicked. She was my maid of honor at my wedding, we vacation together, and we burn up the phone lines like you can not believe. ;) Even my DH knows, she is my best friend and no one can replace her. There is just something very special and sacred about sisters....at least there is about mine. :D

Best friend is DH. We were friends before anything else. I can't imagine NOT being married to someone who wasn't your friend.

As the song says, "I'd rather have bad times with you, than good times with someone else." I agree (but I wish we'd get in the groove of more good times).

Hi - this is great to hear.. I too have a sister ( 9 - almost 10 yrs younger then me ) and she and I are really good friends !!
Keep 'em coming ! Michelle

Yep, we both turn 32 this year and have been best friends since 4th grade. We also can go for weeks at a time without talking, but neither of us ever feels like we're being ignored or anything...we're just sooo busy. But, we can pick up the phone and start chatting like we see each other all the time. She's the one I know who understands me most (other than DH) and who I know would do anything for me...and I would do the same for her.

I know I'm supposed to say my Wife. But I have always seperated my wife from friend. Hard to explain. She is my love, my treasure, my reason for being, my WIFE, not my best friend. So without further ado...............My best Friend is Neil. A guy I've known since.....well since I was born. He is a year older than me. I was at his wedding (best man) he was at mine (also best man). We still live within a mile of each other. Anywho, thats my bestest friend. :bounce:

I have 2 best friends. I have been friends with one for 22 years now. We got married about he same time, had our first sons abou the same time, now we are getting old at the same time, lol.
My other best friend I have been friends with for 16 years. Both of these great ladies have helped me through some tough times. Even of one of us is on vacation we still have to get on atleast one phone call.

Hmmmm, am I the only one who doesn't really feel like I have any kindred spirits??? I love my husband dearly, but having the special "girlfriend friendship" is different from my relationship with dh. I have many friends who I spend time with, but I just don't get the feeling like we're kindred spirits. I've been a bridesmaid 9 times in the last 7yrs but only 3 of those was I the maid of honour. I don't know - maybe what I'm looking for in a kindred spirit is unrealistic? Hmmmm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter