• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you ever go just one or two of the parks on a long stay?

The plan for us in the future is to pick just one park to go to on 1 day of our 6 day trip and spend the rest of the days relaxing at our resort, exploring, or doing other activities on Disney property. We have found this to make for much more relaxing vacations. The parks have just become too stressful. Because we are DVC members, we know we'll be back and get to experience a different park.

As long-time DVC members, we rarely visit every park on every trip in recent years. An ideal trip for our family is 4 to 5 nights with one day at Epcot and a special ticketed event like the Christmas or Halloween events at Magic Kingdom which give DVC members early access. The rest of the time is spent relaxing at the resort or exploring Disney Springs and other resorts.

As long-time DVC members, we rarely visit every park on every trip in recent years. An ideal trip for our family is 4 to 5 nights with one day at Epcot and a special ticketed event like the Christmas or Halloween events at Magic Kingdom which give DVC members early access. The rest of the time is spent relaxing at the resort or exploring Disney Springs and other resorts.
We definitely toned down our park days during our last visit. Like you, we know we will be back since we are DVC members so we don’t feel the need to hit every park. But my teenage daughters would be disappointed if we didn’t get a few park days in. Because of that, we are doing 3 park hopper days over our 7 day trip next month. Before DVC we used to do 5 park hopper days over our 7 days. It seems like, for us anyway, 3 park days is perfect. The kids (and me) get our fix but also have a lot of “non hustle” days. One of the problems with a Walt Disney World trip before DVC is that I needed a vacation after my vacation. It’s not like that now, and I love it!

We completely skipped AK on our last trip. Did 2 days at Epcot for F&W, one a HS and one at MK.

Our trips are usually about 13 days. Of those, we go to Epcot daily/almost daily in the afternoon or evening (we usually stay at BWV or Riviera). We'll do DHS and AK for about 4 hours each on one or two days, and MK zero or 1 (if one, it is usually for under 2 hours, or during an extra hours event when the crowds aren't as crazy).
We come home relaxed & refreshed :)

My wife and I like going to all parks, each one has an appeal. For this reason, not only do we go to all parks, but we love park hopping--on any given day you may be at one park that is packed, but hop to a park that is not so much. Really hope they loosen the time when you can start hopping from 2pm to say 12:30 pm.

It all depends on who is going. If our son isn't with us we usually skip HS. My husband can't ride most things there due to health issues and I don't want to spend the day riding things alone while he sits and waits for me. We always spend more time in Epcot than anywhere else. It's our favorite park, especially during a festival which is pretty much year round at this point :flower: . We have always gone for at least a week in the past, but we're planning a short trip over Labor Day weekend this year and that will probably just be Epcot and MK.

We love just going to one park per day. There is so much to see and do…plus you don’t have to feel rushed after all you are on vacation.

I just came back from an 8 day WDW trip, and only did 2 parks, Epcot and AK. And even those 2 parks I only spent a total of 3 days in-2 in Epcot and 1 in AK. I'll admit that I felt guilty a lot, like I should be running around doing things all the time. But if/when I got beyond the guilt, it was one of the most restful, enjoyable trips. The fact that it was COLD and often cloudy kept me from feeling TOO guilty.

We usually only do 1 park per week trip. Last trip we went into MK twice, but next week we will hop from HS to EP for one day. We enjoy everything else available.

It never occurred to me to just “focus” on one park. I want to see all the things. Curious if anyone has done “only MK/AK etc” for a week and skipped parks entirely. I just can’t imagine!
I' VE done 2 trips skipping Hollywood Studios each time. One last year, the other about 18 yrs ago. I also celebrated my 25th wedding anniversary with my husband only going to EPCOT 3 days, during Food and Wine. Not sure I could skip on MK again though, LOL.

I still can’t imagine skipping. Lol!!!! I have to do it all. I love reading them all and trying to imagine tho. I have no favorites. They are all my favorite!!!!

maybe just maybe I would do Epcot and AK if I had to pick. Just bc they are the most unique.

We are planning to this for the first time in March. 8 nights - one day Epcot with late night. The rest of trip will be resort stay (split stay at 3 DVC resorts), day at beach, visit to a spring etc

we are fortunate to have APs in hand for a long time. Takes the pressure off worrying about getting the ‘usage’ out of PH tix.

unless we are in a resort that precludes using a bus or the rental car to the parks, we tend to just focus on one park a day. Even then, usually stay for just a half day unless we have family along who (understandably, since they don’t visit as often) want to commando.

We're leaving today after a 12 night stay, and we didn't do the parks at all. My adult son with disabilities is usually only good for a few hours per day in the parks, and with no DVC Annual Pass at the moment, we couldn't justify the cost. We enjoyed our exploration of a lot of the resorts and many modes of transportation, as well as trying some new restaurants. We're 20 years DVC, so there was no urgency for us. Still, seeing the castle from the monorail made me wistful.

Have gone for two weeks and never set foot in a park.
Two nights VB
7 nights DCL
Five nights BWV
We had a great time.

I've stayed for 10 days and only gone to two parks. That gives me time to do other things I enjoy, including hang out at the resort.

We normally go for 2 weeks one time 3 every 2 years and hit every park. We will do a park in the morning go back to the Hotel maybe few hours at pool then something to eat then hit a different park at night. Some days just waterpark in morning then mini golf then park at night. Although the wife plans our trips to a T there's no stress and if we don't end up doing something them no worries we just do something else. If you leave your plans with flexability you can do almost everything you want to accomplish in 2 weeks although out of the 9 weeks we have been there still lots we have not done lol.

We have went down and never walked in a park whole trip.
September 7 day trip only went to Epcot one day.
Just booked 6 days in April yesterday. Will probably only do one park day. haven't decided which one yet.
We do other things around town,
Well technically were doing 2 park days but only 1 at Disney.
Have not went to Universal in couple years so going there one day.

I love these ideas because we have never NOT gone to all 4 parks. Once in Nov. 2020 we did a 5 night NO PARKS trip. That was a first for us. WE LOVED IT!!!!! We were never tired or worn out. We stayed 2 nights at BLT and 3 at Copper Creek. IT was so relaxing. We actually felt refreshed when we went back home. LOL Our daughter and her husband are DVC members and have done two no park trips and this last trip last month they ONLY went to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter