• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do the characters mind? *~Best character interaction stories~*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that 95% of my interactions have been good ones. Of those that seemed rushed, it did not bother me as I still got a photo with them. One of my favorites was the Christmas party where I made my own autograph book with previous year's meet-n-greet photos. Aurora and Phillip spent a few minutes leafing thru the pages and even called over Cinderella and her Prince to show off the book to them too (every other character meet that trip was much of the same). On my two most recent trips, I spent five minutes with Rapunzel talking about how I didn't have a frying pan with me because it was confiscated at security and then spent five minutes with Ariel after asking where Flounder was. Apparently he was afraid of sharks so I told her to make sure he does not go to Epcot (Bruce at "The Seas") or Animal Kingdom (Bruce in Nemo musical). I've also interacted with characters on the parade route when I've worn my "3 O'Clock Parade" tee.

While my 3yo was having the time of his life with Chip and Dale, they were taking turns behind his back tweaking my ears, removing my hat, giving me fake high 5s, etc. I think they had more fun torturing me than posing with him.

Mary Poppins absolutely loves a grown up conversation. I inquired about her favorite song to sing to herself whilst going about her daily routine and she shocked me by stating "When you wish upon a star" from Pinocchio.

Peter Pan will play with anyone, doesn't matter age, we're all Neverland Lost Boys at Disney.

Pluto...the greatest. We were having a really rough Epcot day. My toddler was not napping and being exceptionally cranky, my wife and I were outside Spaceship Earth arguing about if we should keep our Garden Grill ADR based on all of our moods. Suddenly I look over and Pluto is 30 feet away doing a M&G, so in the middle of my argument with my wife I say "I need to go see Pluto" (Seriously when can you pull that card during a spousal fight?) I approach him and say "Pluto I am having a really rough day, I need a hug" He proceeds to hug me, the forces me to sit down, put my head on his knee and scratches me behind the ear like he loves to be scratched. Next thing I know my kid runs up, is on his other knee and we're both getting treated great. The rest of our evening was phenomenal.

I love how characters have the power to turn bad days around I'm so glad Pluto helped defuse a situation! Also thanks for the Peter Pan comment :thumbsup2

I've never had any awkward moments with characters as an adult - I don't always have a lot to say but I would imagine sometimes adults can be a nice change of pace from all the kids they meet.

Just last September we went to Be Our Guest for dinner and I of course went to meet the Beast afterwards - just wanting a quick picture and maybe just shake his paw - lol. Well, I walked up to him and he initiated a big hug instead! :good vibes I was kind of surprised but happy to receive such a nice greeting especially since I'm a huge Beauty and the Beast fan. I was wearing a Lumiere pin on my shirt collar - not sure if the Beast could see it or not but maybe he did.

I've had great interactions with Maleficent who was thrilled and honored by my Maleficent homemade shirt and the Evil Queen was great as well. Mickey and Minnie were also very welcoming at AKL a couple of years ago at Christmas time.

I grew up with Disney and no matter how old I may get (I'm 31), I will always love the classic characters and enjoy meeting them while in Disney World. I won't wait in long lines for them but if they are short and manageable I'll jump in for a quick Meet and Greet.

I would say that 95% of my interactions have been good ones. Of those that seemed rushed, it did not bother me as I still got a photo with them. One of my favorites was the Christmas party where I made my own autograph book with previous year's meet-n-greet photos. Aurora and Phillip spent a few minutes leafing thru the pages and even called over Cinderella and her Prince to show off the book to them too (every other character meet that trip was much of the same). On my two most recent trips, I spent five minutes with Rapunzel talking about how I didn't have a frying pan with me because it was confiscated at security and then spent five minutes with Ariel after asking where Flounder was. Apparently he was afraid of sharks so I told her to make sure he does not go to Epcot (Bruce at "The Seas") or Animal Kingdom (Bruce in Nemo musical). I've also interacted with characters on the parade route when I've worn my "3 O'Clock Parade" tee.

Those are great character moments ! I laughed at the frying pan part surely if you try to bring one for rap unseal to sign the will let you XD I know you were kidding but still funny

Oh those are wonderful pictures and I can see how much you enjoyed meeting them! Can't wait to get some of my own! As a guy we're not supposed to show as much emotions but I'm thinking next trip who cares lol

Thank you so much! :goodvibes I can't wait to see your pictures! Let your Disney side out and have fun! Be silly! DH didn't really interact with the characters, only Rapunzel, but I'm sure he had fun. I think he enjoyed seeing me having fun talking to the characters I love more though. I really can't wait to hear about your experiences!

So in lines for characters if you are last to see them do they spend any additional time with you? I'm really wanting to celebrate everything I've accomplished and just the gift of living and walking after everything I've gone through

Well, it wasn't at an event, but the only time I was ever "last in line" was right as HS was opening for the day and the CM cut off the line behind DSis and I to meet Donald and Daisy just inside the gates. Everyone else in front of us seemed to be getting the sign-the-book-take-a-picture-get-a-hug-and-go treatment but they played around with us for a couple of minutes before finally being told to head back inside. We even told the CM if a family with little ones wanted our spot we'd get out of line but she insisted we stay because Donald and Daisy would want to see us. Hopefully it's the same if it's the actual last in line of the day!

I've never had any awkward moments with characters as an adult - I don't always have a lot to say but I would imagine sometimes adults can be a nice change of pace from all the kids they meet.

Just last September we went to Be Our Guest for dinner and I of course went to meet the Beast afterwards - just wanting a quick picture and maybe just shake his paw - lol. Well, I walked up to him and he initiated a big hug instead! :good vibes I was kind of surprised but happy to receive such a nice greeting especially since I'm a huge Beauty and the Beast fan. I was wearing a Lumiere pin on my shirt collar - not sure if the Beast could see it or not but maybe he did.

I've had great interactions with Maleficent who was thrilled and honored by my Maleficent homemade shirt and the Evil Queen was great as well. Mickey and Minnie were also very welcoming at AKL a couple of years ago at Christmas time.

I grew up with Disney and no matter how old I may get (I'm 31), I will always love the classic characters and enjoy meeting them while in Disney World. I won't wait in long lines for them but if they are short and manageable I'll jump in for a quick Meet and Greet.

I've grown up with Disney myself just not as out of my shell as I should be. I love your post though!! So awesome you got to meet maleficent and that she admired your shirt, I had a custom air brushed shirt made for my upcoming trip featuring Peter Paj your post makes me feel better about the idea an not a fool lol so sincerely thank you!

Thank you so much! :goodvibes I can't wait to see your pictures! Let your Disney side out and have fun! Be silly! DH didn't really interact with the characters, only Rapunzel, but I'm sure he had fun. I think he enjoyed seeing me having fun talking to the characters I love more though. I really can't wait to hear about your experiences!

Oh I will definitely try to get them posted to this thread once the trip is over now I'm playing the waiting game till we leave lol but totally excited!

I've grown up with Disney myself just not as out of my shell as I should be. I love your post though!! So awesome you got to meet maleficent and that she admired your shirt, I had a custom air brushed shirt made for my upcoming trip featuring Peter Paj your post makes me feel better about the idea an not a fool lol so sincerely thank you!

Glad I could help! Also, I'm sure Peter Pan will love seeing your shirt - I think if you are wearing something showing your love of the character you are meeting it is a great conversation starter and will get you some attention. I am shy myself at times so I know how you feel.

Have a great trip!

Ok. I just have to share one more picture:

RapunzelTrio3_zpsac714582.png~original

Rapunzel really was the best! She was my favorite character to interact with.

I thought that WDW was an experience for everyone. I'm sure that each CM who is a character actor has his and her own opinions, but it's their job to treat everyone equally. We all pay to enter the parks and adult tickets cost more than children. I made solo trips to DL and met characters. It was fun! If I was them I'd be thrilled to meet kids of all ages!:wizard:

Ok. I just have to share one more picture:

RapunzelTrio3_zpsac714582.png~original

Rapunzel really was the best! She was my favorite character to interact with.

Omg thank you ! That is sincerely a great photo out of all I'd frame that one !! So much happiness emanating from it :)pixiedust:

My cousin, who is great friends with Maleficent and Lady Tremaine says that they really love when they can have real conversations ;)

My cousin, who is great friends with Maleficent and Lady Tremaine says that they really love when they can have real conversations ;)

thats awesome! so nice to know people who are close with the characters :cool1:
and thank you i like hearing people reassuring that the characters enjoy all ages not just the little tots

We just spent our honeymoon at WDW and some GREAT character experiences. At MK I asked Diasy if she could REALLY see the future and she nodded yes. So I asked if she sees a little baby girl in my future...she stood back, pretended to think about it, and then pointed at my belly and to herself..the handler said "She says yes but only if you name her Daisy".

I then told Minnie I just got married and she gushed over my ring. She went to look at my husband's ring and shook her finger at him for not wearing one. (He quickly explained it was had to be resized and he left it home so he wouldn't lose it.)

Snow White told my husband not to let me take any apples from strangers. I met her again by myself and she said she liked sunglasses, and that her friend Doc wears glasses and sunglasses when its sunny outside.

I met Alice and the White Rabbit, greeted her with "How do you do?" and she curtsied ad said "How do YOU do?". I told her it was my UNBirthday and she said "Oh we have to throw you a party! Rabbit, did you hear? Its her UNBirthday! Oh we'll have tea, and get the Mad Hatter to bring party hats!" It was a really great character experience!

Most of my experiences with characters is that they don't seem terribly interested in interacting with this late 50s woman. But Dr Facilier invited me to dance with him for an entire song and was so great to me. It was the first time since I had danced after my knee replacement and he's my favorite villain (and a great dancer). Will never forget that.

I think more often than not, they'll take their cues from you. I embrace my inner butthead while I'm there and I will act/play/dance along to whatever. The only reason I told them they should move along at Crystal Palace was that there was a ton of kids at the tables past me. I think they can see it in people, who does and doesn't want to have the interaction or get the attention. That being said, I wouldn't suggest being that person that runs screaming up to a character and knocks them over shouting "YOU'RE MY FAVORITE AND WE MUST DANCE TOGETHER NOW!! THE FATES HAVE DECREED IT!!"

Pluto...the greatest. We were having a really rough Epcot day. My toddler was not napping and being exceptionally cranky, my wife and I were outside Spaceship Earth arguing about if we should keep our Garden Grill ADR based on all of our moods. Suddenly I look over and Pluto is 30 feet away doing a M&G, so in the middle of my argument with my wife I say "I need to go see Pluto" (Seriously when can you pull that card during a spousal fight?) I approach him and say "Pluto I am having a really rough day, I need a hug" He proceeds to hug me, the forces me to sit down, put my head on his knee and scratches me behind the ear like he loves to be scratched. Next thing I know my kid runs up, is on his other knee and we're both getting treated great. The rest of our evening was phenomenal.

Love this!!!!!!! :)

I think more often than not, they'll take their cues from you. I embrace my inner butthead while I'm there and I will act/play/dance along to whatever. The only reason I told them they should move along at Crystal Palace was that there was a ton of kids at the tables past me. I think they can see it in people, who does and doesn't want to have the interaction or get the attention. That being said, I wouldn't suggest being that person that runs screaming up to a character and knocks them over shouting "YOU'RE MY FAVORITE AND WE MUST DANCE TOGETHER NOW!! THE FATES HAVE DECREED IT!!"

LOL!!! This is me too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter