Do Disney travel agents get you better deals??

Status
Not open for further replies.
What March dates were you looking for? They are quoting their exclusive discounts for March 2-17, 2017, right now.

March 25-April 1. So I must be outside of their discount dates then. She didn't mention deals earlier in March, but I'm not flexible on my travel dates so that wouldn't have help me anyway. Bummer!

March 25-April 1. So I must be outside of their discount dates then. She didn't mention deals earlier in March, but I'm not flexible on my travel dates so that wouldn't have help me anyway. Bummer!
Don't count yourself out just yet!!!! Your dates were in the rates last year, so it might happen again in 2017.

The next booking window they have, following the March 2017 dates, is
April 7 - 21, 2017.
If demand is high for other dates, and they can get availability, they sometimes add additional dates/resorts. Seeing as how that time falls during Spring Break, their ability to pick up additional space may be less likely.
Have you signed up for their email notifications, so you know when new dates are announced?

Oh well, I was hoping for the previous poster it might work out, but you never know, it still could.

yes, the agency deals don't appear to be a possibility, but a general Disney discount could still occur! My fingers are crossed even though I know that's a very busy time of year since it's within the Spring Break zone.

The next booking window they have, following the March 2017 dates, is
April 7 - 21, 2017.
If demand is high for other dates, and they can get availability, they sometimes add additional dates/resorts. Seeing as how that time falls during Spring Break, their ability to pick up additional space may be less likely.
Have you signed up for their email notifications, so you know when new dates are announced?
Where are you seeing the dates past March?

Hmm, I have signed up on the website but have never received and email from them about anything. I did get the email confirming I was signing up???

There's a lot of risk when an agency negotiates a group block, which is why most don't do it--even the large ones. What has been put out here is a rather simplistic explanation and doesn't go into what is commissionable and what is not, as well as the terms and conditions of the specific contract. Not every agency is going to get the same nightly rate either. Its like comparing apples to coconuts.

I guess I don't understand how it is a big risk. Expedia does this all the time with hotels in Las Vegas. They literally book hundreds of rooms a week. After they start advertising the savings you can get with the group block I would think they could capture a huge chunk of Disney business as well.

Jeez...It must be my luck....but I'm not getting anything remotely like the prices everyone else is getting...$192 for POR and $367 for the Beach Club for LATE April into May? How in the world are u guys getting $200 for the Beach Club? I got POR in May of 2015 for $162 thru Disney! I know prices increase BUT that's a BIG JUMP!

Jeez...It must be my luck....but I'm not getting anything remotely like the prices everyone else is getting...$192 for POR and $367 for the Beach Club for LATE April into May? How in the world are u guys getting $200 for the Beach Club? I got POR in May of 2015 for $162 thru Disney! I know prices increase BUT that's a BIG JUMP!
The rates are seasonally-priced. The BC rate you reference is the lowest of the year and only available around the end of August through a day or two past Labor Day.

At times of anticipated increased occupancy, rates are higher - it's all about supply and demand.

Anyone get a good deal for the Poly at the end of July this year? If so what was the cost of the room each night? Trying to figure out how much we may have to pay for 2017?

Just to give you an idea.. The quote for Aug 22-28, 2016 (6 nts) was $1289 w/tax for Beach Club. Poly was $1431.

For end of April/ beginning of May 2016 we paid about $1300 w/tax for 8 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter. Disney was not discounting FQ during this time period so it was a really good deal through the TA.

Last edited:
Just to give you an idea.. The quote for Aug 22-28, 2016 (6 nts) was $1289 w/tax for Beach Club. Poly was $1431.

For end of April/ beginning of May 2016 we paid about $1300 w/tax for 8 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter. Disney was not discounting FQ during this time period so it was a really good deal through the TA.

$1302. was what I paid for the 8 days at Riverside...in late April early May of 2015....but NOW the travel agent is quoting me $1539...for the same dates! I'd jump ALL over $1300 for EITHER POR/POFQ....I GUESS I just find it hard to believe that late Aug is less crowded than late April.

$1302. was what I paid for the 8 days at Riverside...in late April early May of 2015....but NOW the travel agent is quoting me $1539...for the same dates! I'd jump ALL over $1300 for EITHER POR/POFQ....I GUESS I just find it hard to believe that late Aug is less crowded than late April.
I looked at my notes for this year's trip and the discount for POFQ was about 30% off rack rate. For 2017 (same time frame), the discount is about 26%. In addition, rack rate is higher than 2016 ( up about $20 per night (~10%))

The last week of August seems to be less popular because of back-to-school, the humidity, afternoon showers etc. I am still tempted to try it out one year because of the crazy deals. The Poly for about $250 w/tax is hard to resist.

I looked at my notes for this year's trip and the discount for POFQ was about 30% off rack rate. For 2017 (same time frame), the discount is about 26%. In addition, rack rate is higher than 2016 ( up about $20 per night (~10%))

The last week of August seems to be less popular because of back-to-school, the humidity, afternoon showers etc. I am still tempted to try it out one year because of the crazy deals. The Poly for about $250 w/tax is hard to resist.

U couldn't pay me to go in August...I lived in Orlando for 22 yrs...had APs for 15 of those...and I wouldn't go near any park from June thru August...but I agree with all ur numbers...BUT my problem is I'm adding 2 extra days PLUS with the higher rate it adds up quickly!

We went August in 2015 it was hot of course and stormed everyday for about an hour. We went in June this year and it was pretty much the same with the heat and crowds. The only difference I seen was we only had one day with rain. It did seem a little more humid in August but not much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter