DL outshining WDW?

I went to Disneyland last year for the first time, after visiting WDW close to 40 times in my life...

I loved Disneyland better than WDW... I really did... However, just one man's opinion and yours might be different.

Actually, the DLR has more attractions at our two parks than all four of the WDW parks combined. This is based on the attractions listed in the maps.

Both a great, but they are different.

Yes, I'll agree that both of the parks are great, but we'll have to "agree" to "disagree" ;) WDW has more "magic" to us, is so much more "secluded" from the "real" world, and you can totally immerse yourself in the park and never have to "see" the outside world if you so choose (we do). We use their transportation and never leave for our 10-12 nights - just "wonderfee" pixiedust: But, I'll accept the fact that we all have our own thoughts on which is the better for us :goodvibes

I'm really wondering how I'll feel in August. It's my first time to WDW, though my British husband has been twice, but I grew up less than 10 minutes' drive from DL. I've done DLP and that did not compare to the original for me. My kids can't remember doing DL, as they were not yet 2 and 3 1/2 at the time. I think this trip will be more magical, but only because I will be seeing it all with a just turned 5 year old and 6 1/2 year old this time.

~I don't know, I really don't see it that way. I've never really had a desire to go to DisneyLand, but I would love to see CarsLand. It just seems like overall WDW has way more to offer. I can easily stay a full week at WDW, but I would only plan three days for DL, if that.

I can see how this may irk some people that CarsLand is at DL instead of WDW, but I'm really excited about the new FantasyLand, and the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train should be a huge hit.

~Besides, Cinderella's castle is still the best, imo, so there is no "outshining" there. Overall, I think it's great that both WDW and DL, have different aspects to "outshine" each other in, lol.
:goodvibes

I've been WDW 4x and DL 1x. I watched the DL portion of the planning video trying to muster up some desire to try DL again and it just isn't there. I had a good time when we went, but it just doesn't grab my attention like WDW does. Maybe I need to watch some YouTube videos of the attractions.

I dont think the two resorts are comparable or that one "outshines" the other.

I love DLR, its my go to, as I live 20 minutes away. Nothing will ever take its place for me.

That being said, WDW is just magical. The castle is all it took to win me over. I love that there is more space, that the resorts are amazing and I am totally surrounded by Disney when I am there.

To me it makes sense for Disney to push DLR right now and not WDW due to Carsland and BVS. It is a *major* improvement on what was a lackluster park. (I wish they would do the same to AK, but not with Avatar).

Once all the new Fantasyland is done, I am sure we will see the same type of media push for WDW. I also wish that WDW would advertise more of the special things they do (Flower and Garden/Star Wars Weekends/Food and Wine), very few people that live outside the general area know about these events. It might bring up some attendence on "slower" times.

As previously stated, the two resorts are not comparable. They offer totally different vacations.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they owned by 2 comets different companies?

You are wrong, both Disneyland and Walt Disney World are owned by the same company, same industry as well. They have different headquarters obviously, but other than that they are owned by the Walt Disney Company.

Disneyland will NEVER over shadow WDW in my opinion. Went once to DL, but give me WDW anyday :thumbsup2

I feel the exact opposite. Both are unique parks in their own way, but DL is Walt's original..he walked through the castle, it is unique and filled with nostalgia and Disney magic. I love them both, but if I had to pick just 1..it would be DL...hands down! Sure WDW is bigger, yes there is more to do but it is also less intimate. Truly the difference between Land & World as far as size.

If you truly love Disney parks for the magic and not just the rides, then I think you would completely fall in love with DL over WDW. If you like going on lots of rides and filling every minute with action and adventure and something to do somewhere you will likely like WDW more. If you haven't been you don't know what you're missing, it's just easier to prefer the one you do know IMO.

I know that the castle @ DL is SOOOO teeny tiny compared to Cinderella castle..but walking through Sleeping Beauty castle, I just feel the magic and ingenuity of Walt himself knowing he had a dream and I'm walking through it...there is nothing on earth that replicates that feeling :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter