Diva Las Vegas

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After we left Madame's and were heading out of the Venetian, we decided we needed a quick visit to the Coffee Bean to give us a pick me up. Then it was to our cars. Although I don't think Cheryl and those in her car knew it, but we were in a race. And I will say the Max_Ma won!!!

Of course, the Stacie's won!! And Cheryl had some choice comments to make about us, before she realized who it was who had cut her off! And once she saw who it was, I'm sure the words were a-flying!!

Of course, the Stacie's won!! And Cheryl had some choice comments to make about us, before she realized who it was who had cut her off! And once she saw who it was, I'm sure the words were a-flying!!

You have no idea. Cheryl has a potty mouth!! :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Fremont was fun. Too hot though. I only do Fremont in the winter. :rotfl:

I've never been to Fremont St. It looks fun!

Oh you gotta see it at least once. Old Vegas down there. And best part, you can get a deep fried Twinkie or deep fried Oreos. ;)
We didn't because we were too full from dinner, but the kids and I have tried them before and it's something alright. lol

A day in Hollywood with the Diva's would be a blast! :thumbsup2 They have the Disney Soda Fountain and Studio Store there. I've been wanting to check that out.

OHHH, I would love to do this!

Oh you gotta see it at least once. Old Vegas down there. And best part, you can get a deep fried Twinkie or deep fried Oreos. ;)
We didn't because we were too full from dinner, but the kids and I have tried them before and it's something alright. lol

I have been to Fremont Street but haven't tried the deep fried oreos...yum!

Sarah

I'm sorry to hijack this thread but I have a couple questions for you ladies. My Dh and I are going to Las Vegas in 10 days and you seem like experts and that you really know how to have fun! We only have 4 days and I'm having trouble narrowing down what we want to see and do.

1. We spent our honeymoon at Treasure Island and went to Kahunaville many times so we want to go back. Is it still good and do we need or can we make reservations.

2. We want to try Margaritaville too, are we able to make reservations?

3. Are both of these restaurants so similar that we should skip one and try something else? I'm very open to other suggestions, especially if the restaurants are close to where the shows are.

4. The 2 shows we have booked are Love and Blue Man Group both for the early shows. Would you recommend going to dinner after?

5. I have a pass for no cover at Voodoo Lounge, is it worth going over there for a drink and will we fit in being in our 30's and not trendy?

6. Are the outlet malls far from the strip, will it take up our whole day? Which one is better?

7. If we decide to go to Fremont Street, should we take a taxi? Any idea what the cost might be?

Thanks for all your help!
Angie

I LOVE the deep fried Oreos! Every time we go to Vegas DBF and I have to make a stop in Mermaids for the $0.99 Nathan's hot dogs and deep fried Oreo's. I think they tase like a chocolate funnel cake. :thumbsup2

Great TP so far!

I'm sorry to hijack this thread but I have a couple questions for you ladies. My Dh and I are going to Las Vegas in 10 days and you seem like experts and that you really know how to have fun! We only have 4 days and I'm having trouble narrowing down what we want to see and do.

1. We spent our honeymoon at Treasure Island and went to Kahunaville many times so we want to go back. Is it still good and do we need or can we make reservations.

We had a blast at Kahunaville, but we were only in the bar area so I cannot comment on the food. As for reservations, I just called the restaurant and she said "You are more than welcome to make reservations, but you don't have to."
If you decide to, here is the number to call: (702) 894-7390

2. We want to try Margaritaville too, are we able to make reservations?

I wasn't too impressed with Margaritaville. But then we were seated upstairs which was pretty boring and blah. If you go, make sure you sit downstairs. They do not take reservations, it is first come, first served.

3. Are both of these restaurants so similar that we should skip one and try something else? I'm very open to other suggestions, especially if the restaurants are close to where the shows are.

Personally, I'd pass on one or the other. They are pretty simliar in decor and menu. Lots of other places to try.

4. The 2 shows we have booked are Love and Blue Man Group both for the early shows. Would you recommend going to dinner after?

Yes, I'd eat after the shows.
After Love, I'd recommend hitting BLT Burger. Here is a link to their menu: http://www.bltburger.com/ It's fun, casual, in the Mirage so it would be easy to get to, and the food and service were both very good when we went. For dessert, try the Carnegie Deli which is also in the Mirage and close to BLT. They have amazing desserts and you can take them to go for later in the evening.

After Blue Man Group, I can't really recommend anyplace to eat in the Venetian. We don't eat there much. But the Grand Lux Cafe has awesome desserts and is open 24 hours. They are owned by the same owners as the Cheesecake Factory, and several friends of mine who've eaten meals there, love it.

5. I have a pass for no cover at Voodoo Lounge, is it worth going over there for a drink and will we fit in being in our 30's and not trendy?

You should go! The DJ doesn't get there until around 9:30 or 10, but the lounge opens at 5 or 5:30, so if you go early, you will feel totally comfortable going in and ordering a drink (try the Witch Doctor), checking out the view, and hanging out for a bit. The "Barbie doll" crowd doesn't show up until much later in the evenings.

6. Are the outlet malls far from the strip, will it take up our whole day? Which one is better?

No, not too far at all. They are however at opposite ends of the Strip. These have more stores and better choices, but I found them to not be as plentiful with the cheap deals: http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=58

These are the ones we went to and there is also a Disney outlet here: http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=61 (outside the main mall)

7. If we decide to go to Fremont Street, should we take a taxi? Any idea what the cost might be?

YES! Take a taxi and stay in the main, well lit areas. I'm not a huge fan of Fremont Street. I like it, but it's got some shady characters down there, so just always be aware of what's going on around you. Can't help you on the taxi price as whenever we go we drive our own car. Don't forget to get your deep fried Twinkie or Oreo. ;)

Thanks for all your help!
Angie

Hope some of that helps a little bit. Have a great time!!! It's a lot of fun here, and there are some great bargains to be had right now.
Oh, and for a cheap, quick and easy lunch don't forget to try Earl's of Sandwich in the Planet Hollywood. They have delicious sandwiches!!! ::yes::

Boom boom boom, now
Boom boom boom, now
Boom boom pow
Boom boom

It was our final night in Vegas and we had done all we wanted to do. One thing left was Olympic Gardens. Or the OG!. We took a taxi from downtown and made our way to the club.

ry%3D400

There was a cover price to get into the club. No problem. It was $30!!! Yikes! Still not really a problem. Except that you couldn't put the cover charge on you card. You needed to pay cash. They would let you put two person's cover on a card, but not one. Talk about frustrating. We all were able to make it in though.

Downstairs part of the club was mellow and easy going. Most everyone was just sitting around, enjoying themselves, taking in the music and dancing. Men were the majority of patrons down stairs with the ladies doing the dancing. And after our class from a few days earlier, they all had my respect. They are hard workers.

Although the vibe downstairs was chill, that wasn't where we wanted to hang. We were headed upstairs with the male dancers. When we got up there the place was going wild and it was off the chain! We were able to find two cocktail tables with plenty of chairs for us though. Good views from our seats too!

We ordered some drinks and kicked back OG style.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Earlier in the day Beth showed up what a baller she was with her stripper cash.

ry%3D400

Theresa making friends.

ry%3D400

Looks like Beth is dancing here.

ry%3D400

You can almost see up my nose.

ry%3D400

The look of shock or embarassment on Theresa's face.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The majority of the dancers/performers were very nice. Some worked harder than others, one was horribly pushy IMO. But overall they are nice guys who are trying to earn a living.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This one looked like he wasn't even old enough to work.

ry%3D400

Where we were at upstairs wasn't all ladies. Some guys come to hang out with their ladies, or just chill up there because its fun. While snapping pics, one guy decided he wanted to pose for me.

ry%3D400

Both Wendy and Marcie got a chance to go up on stage with the guys.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

There were tons of pics taken that night. We just weren't allowed to video anything. But the majority of the pics are not DIS friendly. One of the funnier moments of the evening was when Wendy was getting a dance, but she was too busy texting to enjoy it. Also, there were many colorful characters in the booths behind us. The other great pic that won't be posted is one where both Wendy and Beth are flipping me off. Who knows why they were doing that. But they did.

Overall we had a super fun night!

ry%3D400

After we left the club, we dropped Wendy off at her hotel then headed back to the condos. The plan was to meet up with the others by the pool and have a few cocktails. But by the time we got there they were all asleep. So we chilled for a bit then went to bed.

Next up....time to head home.

I'm Leaving Las Vegas
Lights so bright
Palm sweat, blackjack
On a Saturday night
Leaving Las Vegas
Leaving for good, for good
I'm leaving for good
I'm leaving for good

I woke up in Vegas for the last time on this trip. Very bittersweet. I had such a great week, but I was also ready to head home. I needed a nap in the worst way.

I didn't sleep much that night. I slept on the couch. Even though I was tired, I just couldn't stay asleep. I ended up watching tv most of the night. Nothing particular, just channel surfing. But once it seemed like a decent hour to be up, I got off the couch and started packing up my stuff.

It took me quite some time to get all of my stuff back into my suitcases. Seriously, a weeks worth of stuff didn't; want to fit back in there. But I managed. Plus I seemed to gain more items to take home. Don't know how that happened. Got my car all packed and I was ready.

ry%3D400

I didn't want to stay too late in Vegas since I was driving myself home. So once everyone was up and I was ready to go, I said my good byes and headed on my way.

Goodbye Summer bay Resort.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Had to make a quick stop to fill up my tank. Strange people hang out at the gas station in the morning hours. Then I made my way down the strip.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Once at the end of the strip I decided I better hit up the Jack in the Box for a breakfast sandwich. I didn't want to have to stop till I got home so I needed a little something to get me through.

I did have a little bit of trouble getting back to the 15 though. For some reason I missed the sign that said North and took it anyways. UGH! Had to get off, turn around, and get back onto the 15 South. Now I am on my way home.

ry%3D400

Although I didn't make it in as good as time as when I was getting to Vegas, I still made great time getting home. Once home, I ate, showered and crashed. I was exhausted. But you know what, I was ready to do it again.

Great trip report, I'm sad to see it end.

Hope some of that helps a little bit. Have a great time!!! It's a lot of fun here, and there are some great bargains to be had right now.
Oh, and for a cheap, quick and easy lunch don't forget to try Earl's of Sandwich in the Planet Hollywood. They have delicious sandwiches!!! ::yes::

These are great tips Beth, thank you!

Where we were at upstairs wasn't all ladies. Some guys come to hang out with their ladies, or just chill up there because its fun. While snapping pics, one guy decided he wanted to pose for me.

This guy totally cracked me up!!! :lmao:

ry%3D400

The other great pic that won't be posted is one where both Wendy and Beth are flipping me off. Who knows why they were doing that. But they did.

Oh you know why. :rotfl:

Overall we had a super fun night!
It WAS super fun. I had a great time there. And we got some great shots. Too bad they are definitely NOT DIS friendly. lol

Once home, I ate, showered and crashed. I was exhausted. But you know what, I was ready to do it again.

Me too!!! I had such a blast with everyone. Way too much fun. I cannot wait to see some more of you back here again in November. Thanks for taking the time to write this TR Stacie. Really good job as always. :worship: :worship: :hug:

Loved your report! I wish I could go in November, but since we just got back I won't be able to afford it again for awhile! Hope you do another report when you get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter