Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello friends :) 167 day countdown for us. still slightly stressing :) (updated apologies) We are staying in Yacht Club, i thought that this was the Yacht Club thread.. (forgot it was also Beach Club)
i haven't really cared about room placement before, this time it seems to matter to me. We have a "resort' view reservation. I have to poll the fam to see what location they prefer, but i was wondering are there any corner rooms that fall in the resort view?
I wish i could find a list of all the rooms that fit the category. I have only found the access thru a web interface on my touringplans account.
Thanks!
John
I don’t know of anywhere that lists rooms according to category. Unless someone has a better idea, I would bring up the Yacht Club map on the Touring Plans website, and click on the rooms that are corner rooms. Resort view could be the old Standard or Garden View. I would not get your family’s hopes up, however. There are not a lot of corner rooms that aren’t Waterview or a suite. I think the chances are very small to get a corner room. The best rooms that we have gotten over the years are times when we put no preferences in.
We are going in April and I would very much like a connecting room with my daughter and granddaughter, since I will be watching her. That will be our only request and hopefully that will work out. good luck to you and I hope you have a wonderful trip!

:( i was disappointed that your only comment was your criticism that i failed to identify that it was Yacht Club specifically
Well, I only stayed at Yacht Club once, many years ago. The only thing I remember is that I could hear the horns from the friendship boats in my room. I was not a happy camper. I did not write down the room number. All of my YC/BC stays since then have been BCV. Sorry!

sorahl1 said:
Hello friends :) 167 day countdown for us. still slightly stressing :) (updated apologies) We are staying in Yacht Club, i thought that this was the Yacht Club thread.. (forgot it was also Beach Club)
i haven't really cared about room placement before, this time it seems to matter to me. We have a "resort' view reservation. I have to poll the fam to see what location they prefer, but i was wondering are there any corner rooms that fall in the resort view?
I wish i could find a list of all the rooms that fit the category. I have only found the access thru a web interface on my touringplans account.
Thanks!
John

Pretty hard to know now other than people's first hand experiences... since the new RESORT VIEW category now includes both the old STANDARD and GARDEN (which I think is a real step backwards for Disney) you could get a room at YC like we got last time (picture below - room 1071), or a view of the parking lot or tennis courts.

The best you can hope for is that if you arrive early, you can still go to the front desk and see if you can find out what area you will be in (they won't tell you exact room number unless the room is ready) and ask for a different location if it isn't what you want. Since they are assigned days ahead of time, and guests may already be staying in the area you are looking for, it may not be possible to get that particular area right away, but sometimes they will offer a room in a different area for later in your stay, if you are willing to move.

Of course you can request certain areas, but it's only a request, and there are no guarantees.

Attachments

• PXL_20231204_113038542.jpg
    PXL_20231204_113038542.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Thanks!
John
We stayed at YC earlier this month with a resort view room and got 3114 which was a corner room. It was a little bit bigger than the other rooms we've stayed in and had a balcony and also windows on the wall with the tv. It was, however, a hike from the elevators. It was right next to a set of stairs that we used that were really convenient to the lobby if that's an option for you (less weaving that if we were to take the elevator). The room had a nice view of trees...just a note though, there was a lot of beeping from trucks or some kind of construction during most of the time we were back in the room for an afternoon break, but that might not be going on all of the time.

Corner room may be a tough request to fill, I hate that they combined resort and standard view also because many of the standard view rooms are pretty bad. For my upcoming stay at YC I just requested ground floor. All the ground floor rooms were garden or water views previously so I’m making that my only request. I have stayed garden view ground floor at YC several times and was placed in the gazebo area which is a very nice view.

Corner room may be a tough request to fill, I hate that they combined resort and standard view also because many of the standard view rooms are pretty bad. For my upcoming stay at YC I just requested ground floor. All the ground floor rooms were garden or water views previously so I’m making that my only request. I have stayed garden view ground floor at YC several times and was placed in the gazebo area which is a very nice view.

everyone - thanks for your responses. It gave me a lot to think about. As I've said in other posts, I only expect a room that i pay for, but I have always thought it was better to not put in a preference request. We are checking in at like 7:00 AM (driving down the sat before and staying in Disney Springs) so we do not need or expect the room to be available until after our day in the park (no idea which one yet)(or after lunch at the earliest) - maybe this will help to get a decent view in the 'resort' category.

John

since the new RESORT VIEW category now includes both the old STANDARD and GARDEN (which I think is a real step backwards for Disney) you could get a room at YC like we got last time (picture below - room 1071), or a view of the parking lot or tennis courts.

Even worse, you could get the view we had the 1 time we booked a standard. It was overlooking a dumpster past the walkway to the convention center. I never booked another standard view. I won’t book resort view now, knowing I could get that dumpster while others are getting a gazebo view for the same price & category.

Last edited:
I don’t know of anywhere that lists rooms according to category. Unless someone has a better idea,

Actually, on page 1 of this thread, there are room maps for both Yacht & Beach Club resorts. It is the previous standard, garden & waterview room listings. But it was more accurate for those than TP. Even tho the listings now say quiet pool is a waterview, no one has said they booked WV & got the quiet pool view yet, at least at YC. I have had WV at BC that overlooked the quiet pool but it also had the lake beyond that. I really don’t think they’ll really assign the YC quiet pool as a WG, until I read some reports that it has happened to posters. Anyway, those room maps are in the BC & YC sections. They were obtained right from the resort front desks years ago. Anything that’s listed as standard or garden would now be Resort View.

Thanks!
John
We had a huge corner room at the Yacht Club that was resort view. It was room 4164 and one floor below the club lounge. It was very noisy but room 3164 would be great. :)

Attachments

• IMG_5201.jpeg
    IMG_5201.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5198.jpeg
    IMG_5198.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5203.jpeg
    IMG_5203.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5199 4164.jpg
    IMG_5199 4164.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 2b3xvuii.jpeg
    2b3xvuii.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 42

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter