Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Arrive in 3 weeks and have not put in a room request yet. But we arrive at 10pm and don't want stuck in something awful though we do only have standard booked.

We want something reasonable distance to either pool because I think we will use both.
I looked at touring plans and it only shows standard view rooms on 2nd floor and no other floors at all. wondering if it's not working correctly.

Anyway, wondering how to word a room request when I am unsure of what to request. LOL Sounds crazy I know but any help appreciated! THANKS!

Unless you’re on the first floor, you have to get on an elevator or go downstairs to get to either pool. You have to thru the lobby & past Cape May to get to the main pool. The quiet pool is the other way from the lobby. So you might want to request close to elevator. Or close to lobby. That will get you out to the pool buses & to the boat dock.

Anyone currently on site can you please let me know if they have Coke Zero available on the dispenser for the refillable mugs?

Are those the new cup choices? That’s for the picture.
You're welcome! We did buy those new for this trip, but they were switching over to the 100th anniversary cups during our stay, which are purple and silver/gray. They had other options too but I do not have pics.

Just made reservations at the Yacht Club non CL October 27 to November 1st this time. Last December we were at YC CL for 11 days. CL was great, CM superior, but I can’t justify the 300 dollars per day differential. Plus I have 700 in gift cards we need to use which we will for food. So I book a garden view room. Any recommendations on which room area? I have requested king bed, and full balcony. My last half dozen stays have been club level so this is a new experience. We are also just doing resorts this time around other than the Halloween party.
Update: I was able to get a club room for only a few more dollars so I am happy with that and will use the gift card money to pay for the room.

Update: I was able to get a club room for only a few more dollars so I am happy with that and will use the gift card money to pay for the room.
That’s great. Love when rooms pop up like that. Always pays to keep checking
A CL room came available for our summer stay as well, but now I don’t know if I should stay at CR for entire time or switch to YC CL for the last 2 or 3 days??

That’s great. Love when rooms pop up like that. Always pays to keep checking
A CL room came available for our summer stay as well, but now I don’t know if I should stay at CR for entire time or switch to YC CL for the last 2 or 3 days??
I love the CL at YC. They have always been extremely helpful and accommodating. The WV’s were 350 dollars more per night than a Garden standard room but the standard CL room was just 100 more per night that came available. I can justify that. So for 100 more per night I can get beer, wine, cordials plus breakfast, snacks and light dinner plus dessert. Plus other stuff. So now it becomes affordable.

I love the CL at YC. They have always been extremely helpful and accommodating. The WV’s were 350 dollars more per night than a Garden standard room but the standard CL room was just 100 more per night that came available. I can justify that. So for 100 more per night I can get beer, wine, cordials plus breakfast, snacks and light dinner plus dessert. Plus other stuff. So now it becomes affordable.
Club Level Math :)

I agree that for $100/night for the CL is worth it. You made a great upgrade. I’ve had a SV CL at YC before and my view was actually fine. We had room halfway down right where the hallway turns and actually had windows on two sides & our view was mostly trees.
Right now I have a week CR CL, but just grabbed GV CL at YC for the last two nights. It is room-only so I have time to decide. I’m excited to be CR CL and really would just be switching for having SAB particularly for checkout day. I prefer having CL at YC bc of the lack of QS and the spread out hallways. Part of me hates to leave CR, but their pool is pretty bland compared to SAB. Oh Disney choices—just when I think I’m all set, another room becomes available.

Last edited:
I also just grabbed a GV CL YC room - they must be giving these away! :laughing:

I'm trying to find out the room configuration of these rooms for 4 people. Do most of these rooms have 2 queens and a daybed? We're a family of 4, and our teens are older (18 boy and 16 girl) and they don't particularly like sharing a bed.

I also just grabbed a GV CL YC room - they must be giving these away! :laughing:

I'm trying to find out the room configuration of these rooms for 4 people. Do most of these rooms have 2 queens and a daybed? We're a family of 4, and our teens are older (18 boy and 16 girl) and they don't particularly like sharing a bed.
Make a daybed your only request. There are only 5 GV CL rooms at YC. There are 4 that are very close to the lounge with a view of the gazebo and of the 4 2 of them have 2 Q beds and a daybed, 1 has 2 Q and chair and ottoman and 1 is a King bed. The 5 GV CL is also a king and it overlooks the back entrance.

Make a daybed your only request. There are only 5 GV CL rooms at YC. There are 4 that are very close to the lounge with a view of the gazebo and of the 4 2 of them have 2 Q beds and a daybed, 1 has 2 Q and chair and ottoman and 1 is a King bed. The 5 GV CL is also a king and it overlooks the back entrance.
Thank you, that’s what I needed to know!

Guess they had a bunch languishing and finally decided to discount them 😆
Glad you were able to get some info from others about that daybed situation.

That great information. How many standard YC CL rooms have a king bed away from the elevators and lounge area. In December I had a CL WV and I originally was put next to the lounge area and elevator. It was so noisy my first night that I requested a move which I was accommodated. I do like rooms in the 5227 area. Obviously, 5227 is a WV room but something in that area with a king would be great.

Last edited:
The CM’s at YC CL were wonderful to us in December. The resort made the trip for us. That’s why this 6 day trip on October will be a resort trip other than the Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom on Oct 29th. I also want a Minnie Van Airport round trip ride.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter